Anniversary Run

I have so many blog posts to catch up on now that the blog appears to be back in order. But first, I have to interrupt those posts because today, August 3rd, is a special day in my little world.

Four years ago on August 3rd, I crossed the finish line of my very first marathon

sfm8

I am one of those people that likes to celebrate anniversaries of milestones in my life, and this is definitely one of them.  That was a day that changed me for the better, and has helped to shape me into the person I am today.

sfm3

The fact that that day was shared with Kristin, who I met training for that marathon and is still one of my very best friends, makes it that much better.

sfm1

Little did I know when I headed into San Francisco this morning for a trail run with Jojo and Alyssa that we all shared this anniversary in different ways!  A couple miles into our run, I interrupted our conversation with “you guys!  Today is my marathoniversary!”  Which then lead to the realization that it was an anniversary for all of us.

photo 2

Jojo, who works for SFM, was involved with the race for the first time in 2008.  So she shares my SFM anniversary from behind the scenes.  Then we realized that Alyssa moved to SF on August 3rd two years ago.

photo 3

August 3rd is definitely a good day in my book and I am so glad I got to celebrate with a couple of my favorite running partners in the foggy hills of the Marin Headlands.

photo 1

Now I will get to recapping a couple great weeks of training, the month of July and talk about my North Face training cycle that started this week, in addition to a couple posts I have promised all about trail running.  Stay tuned!

, , , ,

14 Responses to Anniversary Run

1. TheUnforgivingMinute August 3, 2012 at 12:41 pm #

Happy Runniversary! I just celebrated my own…..1 year ago, I decided to run my first half marathon and started actually training for it. 13.1 miles sounded insurmountable then, but I’ve since crossed the finish line of 4 additional halves (halfs?) and celebrated my Runniversary by completing my first Ragnar Relay with 11 other crazy runners.

And I’m not gonna lie– you- Aron– most definitely had a hand in inspiring me and I’ve found your blog to be a very very good source of info for this newbie runner. And you do your training plans in spreadsheets. It was love at first read. Thanks for helping to keep my feet moving this year! If you are ever in the Seattle area, give me a shout! I’ll show you some of the best Pac NW scenery to run through…although I mostly run on the road, we’ve also got some superb trails as well!

Happy Anniversary Aron! From one runner to another! :)

2. Alyssa August 3, 2012 at 1:30 pm #

Yeaaa! Happy marathoniversary! Such a fun morning!

3. Cate August 3, 2012 at 2:03 pm #

happy anniversary to all of you!

4. Lisa August 3, 2012 at 3:23 pm #

My first marathon (’02) changed my life for the better for sure!

5. Kristin August 3, 2012 at 3:33 pm #

Happy marathoniversary to us!! Each year that passes I am more and more appreciative of this sport and the friends I’ve met along the way. I’m so lucky to have you as a best friend and running partner. I can’t imagine my life without you or running and I’m SO happy we have been on this journey together. I cannot wait to keep running with you, whether it be on trails, roads, with baby joggers (haha), or hobbling along in our 80s for our 100th marathon. Here’s to four more years and beyond!!! xoxo

6. Sherry August 3, 2012 at 3:41 pm #

Ooh – happy marathoniversary, and may there be many more!
    I’m nowhere near that yet, but I do have a blogiversary of 2 days so that’s a start!
    Thanks for your blog, you are such an inspiration!

7. Kimra August 3, 2012 at 4:45 pm #

Happy marathoniversary! Also, that foggy trail looks gorgeous — I want to run there!

8. Page August 4, 2012 at 12:31 pm #

Happy marathoniversary!!! It keeps getting better ever year :)

9. Cathryn August 4, 2012 at 8:55 pm #

Happy Marathoniversary!!! Those foggy trails look amazing.

10. Celia August 5, 2012 at 3:52 pm #

I am so jealous of your beautiful trails and running routes and great weather in CA! I am back in NYC and miss it! Happy anniversary!

11. Christine August 5, 2012 at 6:14 pm #

Happy Marathon Anniversary!!! You have come so far in the last 4 years!

12. katie August 6, 2012 at 9:16 am #

LOVE that you celebrate this!

13. Paulette @paulettezf August 6, 2012 at 9:54 pm #

Yay, happy marathoniversary! I always love your trail run photos, I need to look up some of these trails in the near future. I live in San Jose, but just don’t know the East Bay very well so I get intimidated sometimes!

1. The North Face 50M: Week 1 | runner's rambles - August 13, 2012

[...] Anniversary run in the Headlands with Alyssa and Jojo!  We kept it pretty easy since Jojo was recovering from the SFM 52 (!) and Alyssa from the SFM full marathon, and I just had very tired legs from the week.  Such a fun morning. [...]