IronTrac iPhone App

A couple weekends ago, also the weekend of Ironman CdA, I was sitting at lunch messing with the Ironman website trying to track a certain blogger.  While sitting there frustrated with the tracking, my friend (thank you Jason!) told me about an iPhone app that was made for tracking Ironman events.  What was this iPhone app I didn’t know about!?

I immediately went over to the app store and searched for IronTrac, downloaded the app and started messing with it.  I believe it was $1 or somewhere around there to download.  The price was not bad if you have a bunch of badass Ironman friends that you spend any time tracking, which I definitely do.

photo 1 (3) photo 2 (3)

I used this app a ton during Vineman last weekend and it worked great except for the fact that the Vineman tracking wasn’t working very well in general.  It took a while that morning to get updates, but eventually it synched up and I was able to track my friends and see their smokin’ fast times (and figure out that I was a bad spectator and missed them completely).

All you do is select distance, then select the race.

photo 2 (2)

Search for the name of your athlete.

photo 3 (1)

Select your athlete and add to your watch list.

photo 4

Every athlete you add will then be in your “watch list” where you can easily access them all without having to search again… even for different races on the same day!

photo

If the tracking site offers splits during the bike or run, those show up too.  Since Vineman’s tracking was a little weird, it only showed the finish time for each event.

photo 1 (2)

Want the story behind those numbers?  Check out Page’s awesome race report!

This app is definitely worth the dollar if you are planning on tracking or spectating an Ironman event any time soon.  I know I already got my money’s worth and plan to use it even more over the next few months.

*I paid for this app, was not asked to review it, but just wanted to share it with my fellow iPhone/Ironman lovers!

, , ,

11 Responses to IronTrac iPhone App

1. Marlene July 18, 2012 at 7:53 am #

Awesome! Hubs is definitely going to need that one. Especially since we both just got iPhones! Squee!

2. Page July 18, 2012 at 7:59 am #

Ok, I’m totally downloading this now. PS Who is this Page Williams you speak of? I need to talk to her about improving those swim splits!

3. Lisa (mom to marathon) July 18, 2012 at 8:08 am #

Great review! I just wish I had an iPhone. I know the couple behind this app. She is an awesome Ironman athlete and her hubby designed the app to help keep track of her (and others) during all her races.

• Aron July 18, 2012 at 8:20 am #

That is awesome! I love knowing the stories behind things :)

4. Kashi @Cape Island Runners July 18, 2012 at 10:41 am #

looks awesome! def going to try it with a few friends who have IM’s in their futures! Very cool!

5. Chris @ Evolving Through Running July 18, 2012 at 1:38 pm #

That is really cool! I have so many apps on my phone that really serve no purpose, but this one I would definitely use. thanks for sharing!

6. Rachel July 18, 2012 at 8:41 pm #

gah, this makes me want an iPhone that much more! very cool.

7. Denise July 19, 2012 at 6:44 am #

i’ve heard mixed things about this but was going to have my friends/family get it before the race. thanks for the little review!!

8. Morgan July 19, 2012 at 8:48 am #

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for posting about this!!!! Now I can race stalk my brains out! :)

9. katie July 20, 2012 at 7:44 am #

Thom used this app all day, it was excellent :)

10. Leana August 14, 2012 at 7:58 am #

I just downloaded this the other week to make it easy for my hubby to track me and my teammates at Ironman Canada next weekend! Sounds like it will make tracking pretty easy for him!