March

February didn’t stand a chance, even with a couple taper weeks thrown in there.

352.5 miles!!

That is a new personal record that I think will be sticking around for a while.

March was a busy month with obviously so much running and in some beautiful places!

WTC 011 IMG_0936 IMG_0985 IMG_0988 IMG_0757 IMG_0855

I started the month off with my 13th marathon, the day after a 25 mile run

DSC_0257a

The next weekend I ran my first official ultra-marathon – Way Too Cool 50k!  Followed up by a 23 miler.

IMG_0821 IMG_0829

The following weekend I ran the hardest 32 wet, muddy, messy, awesome miles of my life and found my breaking point the next day.

IMG_0959

Then I started my much needed taper

I finished off the month with a couple of lower mileage weeks being a good tapering runner, and the last day of the month was my last double digit run of this training cycle.

It was a very good month.

I learned a lot, of course about running but more importantly about myself and I am in a great place heading into a new month with a lot of great things happening… including AR50!

11 Responses to March

1. Carrie April 1, 2012 at 4:20 pm #

Wow, that’s a crazy amount of miles! I’m in awe!

2. Lisa April 1, 2012 at 4:54 pm #

wow. great month!

3. Marlene April 1, 2012 at 5:25 pm #

Insane mileage. Lots of great milestones and memorable runs. No stopping you!!!!!

4. Joanne April 1, 2012 at 5:28 pm #

That’s some good time on your legs. You’re SO ready. The excitement of knowing you can do it but the mystery of how it’s all going to come together, what you’re going to see, how you’ll feel, it’s SO exciting! I can’t wait until your race day.

5. Christine April 1, 2012 at 5:41 pm #

Unbelievable!! I had no idea this is possible. You are amazing!

6. shelly April 1, 2012 at 7:41 pm #

You had am amazing month! I agree with the monthly high mileage PR sticking around comment. I had a high month too and I think it will be the high for the year. Time to level out for a while.

Race day will be amazing with the training you have put in!

7. Nelly April 1, 2012 at 11:05 pm #

Wow, that is an insane month of mileage! Among people that I follow I think that is the most miles I’ve ever heard of someone running in a month! Amazing pictures too. I think your 50K will go great!

8. Morgan April 2, 2012 at 6:37 am #

I am in awe. You are amazing! Congrats on this monumental month!

9. XLMIC April 2, 2012 at 9:57 am #

Love seeing all the places you ran! So beautiful. You have done such an amazing job preparing yourself. It will be so fun to watch you run 50 miles :)

10. allpointswhole April 2, 2012 at 2:41 pm #

This is seriously so awesome and wonderful! I pray one day my body can handle that kind of mileage…on my fifth injury right now

1. American River 50: Week 17 | runner's rambles - April 2, 2012