Today

Today I had 14-15 miles to run on trails.

Today I really wanted to run farther, but I was a good girl and listened to my training plan that said this week is a cutback week even though I wanted to ignore it.

Today I met up with my friend Jojo to run in the Marin Headlands.  She had already put 4 miles in before we headed over the Golden Gate Bridge to run, and she had a 14+ mile route planned for us.

Today it was a clear, warm, windy but perfect Bay Area day.

Today I got to run with views like this.

Jan 009

Today Jojo (who is also training for her first 50 miler) and I chatting nonstop for almost 3 hours.  We compared plans, we compared fueling tactics, we talked about how we are both so in love with running right now.  We probably looked like a couple freaks running around with big smiles on our faces the whole time.

Today I ate goldfish crackers for my run fuel.

Today I got to run a few hills.

Jan 010

Today I felt giddy, happy, cheesy in love with running.  I didn’t want the run to end.

Today I felt like I could run forever.  And I wanted to.

Today I am bottling up this feeling and carrying it with me through the rest of training.  But really I hope it just never leaves.

Today is one of those days that I will look back on when runs get tough, when I am tired and hurting, when I just don’t want to run, and remember how much I love it.

Today is a good day.

, , ,

21 Responses to Today

1. Kabri January 28, 2012 at 3:17 pm #

Yay! so happy for you guys and you’re gorgeous trail running … living vicariously through you both!

2. Ali January 28, 2012 at 3:20 pm #

What trail did ya all run? I was planning on running there tomorrow!

3. raulgonemobile January 28, 2012 at 3:38 pm #

Wow! Nice hills, and what a view.. I doubt you need blog material, but I tagged you anyways :)

4. XLMIC January 28, 2012 at 4:26 pm #

So beautiful and so perfect for where you are in training right now! What a great post :)

5. Jocelyn @ Enthusiastic Runner January 28, 2012 at 5:17 pm #

So jealous of your beautiful views!!

6. Jojo January 28, 2012 at 7:55 pm #

Love your post! Yes, I want to bottle up today’s run and keep that feeling until April at least. :) I think the headlands have magic in their hills, this seems to be how I feel there usually. SO happy we finally got to run together!

7. Cate January 28, 2012 at 9:39 pm #

That elevation chart looks familiar…did you do the North Face half marathon course? With that ENDLESS fire road that feels like you’ll just keep going up forever?
    Glad it was such a good run!

8. Petra January 28, 2012 at 11:00 pm #

what a lovely post and what amazing views – so glad you’re enjoying this!

9. Petra January 28, 2012 at 11:00 pm #

what a lovely post and what amazing views – so glad you’re enjoying this!

10. Beth January 29, 2012 at 7:55 am #

Were you guys at Coastal’s Steep Ravine run?? The picture looks just like one I took yesterday, I’m guessing we were on the same trail, although you guys were probably way ahead of us. Hubby and I ran the 30k, getting ready for Brazens Diablo Challenge 50k in April.
    Yesterday was indeed a stunning day!

11. Jessica Krogman January 29, 2012 at 10:22 am #

Awesome that your run was a good one! I had a crappy run yesterday (I couldn’t get out of my head). I could’ve used some bottled up good running vibes!

12. Christine January 29, 2012 at 12:56 pm #

You are so lucky to have all those gorgeous trails close by!! Ahh, I’m jealous :)

13. Lizzy January 29, 2012 at 6:35 pm #

aww love this!! i’m not sure if it’s the weather we’ve been having, or the new trails i’ve been running…but I am so in love with running right now too! and I love your idea of bottling these feelings, because there are definitely times during a training cycle that aren’t so great!
    keep on having a great run, and good luck with your upcoming build week!
    xoxo!

14. Michelle January 29, 2012 at 8:01 pm #

I love that you are loving training so much! I’m sooo incredibly jealous of your views.

15. Nina January 30, 2012 at 8:59 am #

Such beautiful views!

16. Morgan January 30, 2012 at 9:00 am #

The best kind of days are the ones like “Today.” :)

17. Marlene January 30, 2012 at 11:41 am #

I can just SEEEEE you smiling as I read this!

18. Missy January 30, 2012 at 1:13 pm #

I love days like that. Congrats on a super run day!!

19. Josie @ happycorredora.com January 30, 2012 at 1:24 pm #

Fabulous! Great running days are awesome- I wish they could all be like that!

20. Page January 31, 2012 at 5:26 pm #

Awe – I’m happy that you’re so happy! Enjoy this moment and soak it all in.

1. My Happy Place | The Wipro San Francisco Marathon - February 2, 2012

[...] the scenery that we hardly realized the 18 miles had passed. (Ps: Aron also recapped our run on her blog…) View of Sausilito from Marincello [...]