January

So close!

January was only 4.7 miles off my highest mileage month ever (last March) coming in at 271.4 miles!

While I definitely considered going out on that second run tonight to get me over into the new monthly high, I just decided that I would rather save those 5 miles for February.  I have a feeling February is going to be right there too and with it being a short month, it needs the extra mileage help.  So instead of moving my planned double to today, I am eating crackers in my pajamas blogging and getting ready for tomorrow’s run.

But back to the monthly recap…

I always like January.  It’s “cold” (well it usually is, I think Mother Nature missed the memo and cold being relative to California), it’s a fresh start to a new year and it’s the month I was born… which means cake!

IMG_7090

I started off January with a trail half marathon with Chris and with finishing up a 12 day social media sabbatical.

CTR CS 007

Then ran a beautiful 22 mile trail race the next weekend.  I also ran a 21 and 23 miler in January… that helped boost the miles!

Jan 003

I recapped December, 2011, and listed out my goals not just for 2012.

Jan 005a Jan 006

I celebrated saying goodbye to my 20’s with a run with the best friends a girl could ask for.

photo IMG_0429

I said hello to my 30’s with an excessive amount of wine and cupcakes.

398382_10150502560767987_513817986_8912521_1411966774_n
Photo from
Scott Dunlap

I ran another race – this time a half marathon, the day after a 23 miler, which is my biggest back to back weekend yet.

Jan 009

I finished off the month totally in love with running and ultra training and hungry for more.

Definitely a good way to start off 2012.

How was your January?!

, ,

22 Responses to January

1. Katie January 31, 2012 at 7:30 pm #

Umm 271 miles?! You are my hero! I only managed to do 33 this month because my body hates me and I’m pretty sure it would NEVER survive the amount of mileage you do. I would be amazed if I could complete a full marathon without breaking. What are your secrets to staying uninjured?

2. Sandy January 31, 2012 at 7:30 pm #

That’s a lot of miles! How do you stay injury free with that much running? I would be dead!! Great job!!

3. Ali January 31, 2012 at 8:00 pm #

Awesome! Sooo jealous of your running talents and motivation to get your ass up that early for your runs before work.. :) ps… If your ever up in the northbay we should get a crew of ladies together for a good trail run or I should invest in a running lesson from you lol. I def could use some trail running skill… Or i should say, running skills in general ;)

4. Alyssa January 31, 2012 at 9:03 pm #

I love how you love this month, and I love this month for you. My mind just exploded.

5. Lauren @ Sassy Molassy January 31, 2012 at 9:47 pm #

Nice work, Aron! Some awesome running going on in your world.

6. abbi February 1, 2012 at 4:40 am #

That’s a jam-packed January and looks like it was a lot of fun as well!

7. macnic February 1, 2012 at 5:32 am #

What a great month! Great photos!

8. Kristen (inspiredbydooce) February 1, 2012 at 6:03 am #

Honestly? My January felt like survival mode for a lot of days. The grey weather brought me down a bit and I had a hard time with motivation for the first half. But- I think I’ve got my mojo back and I’m ready to tackle February and make it my b*#ch.

I’m in awe of the miles you’re able to put in and very jealous of where you get to run! And I think you started your 30s the best way possible with your wine and cupcakes :)

9. Robin Johnson February 1, 2012 at 6:14 am #

What a great month! Only good things to come! http://www.dashingdiva.net

10. Morgan February 1, 2012 at 7:09 am #

You definitely kicked off 2012 and your 30′s on the right foot (feet) with a great month of running! Bring on February!!!!!!!!!

11. Page February 1, 2012 at 7:49 am #

I feel like I can literally feel your January happiness!!

12. danielle February 1, 2012 at 8:08 am #

wow that is an insane month!! so awesome :) welcome to the 30′s, and what a way to start… mmmmm cupcakes!

13. katie February 1, 2012 at 8:37 am #

you’re on fire, girl!

14. Denise February 1, 2012 at 9:06 am #

if the rest of the year goes like jan did…watch out! great way to kick off the new year!

15. Amanda - RunToTheFinish February 1, 2012 at 9:57 am #

adoring the enthusiasm!! you definitely have me excited to get my mileage back up as I am finished with marathon recovery!

16. Rena @ milehogger.blogspot.com February 1, 2012 at 3:30 pm #

It’s so awesome that your body can take such a high mileage. Hopefully I’ll get there sometime.

17. kristen February 1, 2012 at 6:57 pm #

I was curious to see what decision you made about those few miles :) Glad you saved them! #priorities

18. marlene February 2, 2012 at 7:23 am #

What a super awesome month!!! Love all the running AND celebrating. Who could ask for more?

Something tells me those all-time monthly mileage stats are going to be CRUSHED.

19. Christine February 4, 2012 at 6:51 pm #

Amazing!!! Can’t wait to see how your February goes. You are on a run!!

1. February | runner's rambles - February 29, 2012