Friday Favorites

I have sat down to blog a few times this week and just ended up staring at the wordless screen.  I don’t like forcing blogging – because it shows! – so I just didn’t blog.  Hopefully the words will come back soon!

The words were not lacking from the lack of great things that happened this week.  It’s been an awesome week that started off with a fantastic birthday and is finishing up with a long weekend and a trail race!  Can’t ask for much more than that.

*Cue the Friday Favorites blog post*

Cupcakes aren’t my favorite dessert (see ice cream cake in Sunday’s post), but I just couldn’t pass up on cupcakes on my birthday.  Especially mini cupcakes in multiple flavors.

Before…
IMG_0429

After…
IMG_0435

Java is always my favorite, or pretty much anything with a coffee/espresso flavor to it.

But don’t worry… I didn’t do that damage completely on my own.  I got to spend my birthday with one of my favorite friends!  For the first time in my professional career, I got MLK day off as a holiday and it just happened to fall on my 30th birthday.  Chris was gone at school that day, so Kristin and I headed downtown to get pedicures…

photo

…which turned into a day of eating, shopping, and drinking wine… and one of my favorite days ever!  You know those days you wake up with no expectations and then they just turn out great, so it’s even better because you weren’t expecting it?  Those are my favorite kind of days and this was one of those.

IMG_0433

This day might have put a little damper into my running schedule to start the week, but it was most definitely worth it.  30 isn’t so bad after all.

My mom got me new Gore-Tex trail running shoes for Christmas, but with our lack of rain, I didn’t want to waste their waterproofness on the dry dirt.  Yesterday it finally started raining (my favorite!) and it’s supposed to rain all weekend.  This might mean that my new pretty shoes will get to see some mud in the trail race I am running this weekend.

IMG_0450

What are your favorite things from this week?

Happy Friday!

20 Responses to Friday Favorites

1. Marlene January 20, 2012 at 10:44 am #

What a great way to spend your Bday!! Bonus on the day off. Mmmm cupcakes & wine… top picsk for me. :)

Have a great weekend and have fun on the trails & in the rain.

2. Beth January 20, 2012 at 10:46 am #

Favorite things from this week include: helping a 67 year old runner through her first 1.5 miles at run club because she’d decided “running would be good for me,” getting my first photo accepted to FoodGawker, rain+movies+popcorn, and working from home on Friday! :) Glad you had such a good birthday!

3. Jess @ Blonde Ponytail January 20, 2012 at 12:04 pm #

Love that you savored your b’day with vino and cupcakes, but I too am an icecream girl…however, I won’t turn away a cupcake!

Enjoy your trail run(s) this weekend Aron!

4. janae@hungryrunnergirl.com January 20, 2012 at 12:24 pm #

Now I want a cupcake!! Glad you had an amazing bday. Favorite things from this week…the skittles I am eating right now:)

5. Missy January 20, 2012 at 12:27 pm #

Oh cupcakes, how I adore thee. Those looked so good. I hope they tasted good as well.
    It has been a really slow, easy going week for me and I love that. Can that be a favorite thing?

6. Lauren @ Sassy Molassy January 20, 2012 at 2:01 pm #

1. Happy 30th bday! 2. I’ve had writers block lately, too. 3. I LOVE those striped long sleeve lulu tops you girls are wearing. Adore.

7. Lisa January 20, 2012 at 2:16 pm #

i love cupcakes! i made a trip to a cupcake shop today for a special treat and they were closed. Noooooooooo!!!!!!

8. Jen January 20, 2012 at 3:30 pm #

Love this post! The cupcakes, the wine, the trail shoes! Yay 30. My favorite thing this week was my run with Zach last night!! :)

9. Carlos January 20, 2012 at 8:31 pm #

My favorite things this week…feeling like I am on track. Glad to see you had an awesome birthday, like the shoes…and you get to use them too. Good Luck at the race this weekend.

10. Kim January 21, 2012 at 6:27 am #

Mini cupcakes….yumm!
    Happy Birthday and happy racing!

11. Rena @ milehogger.blogspot.com January 21, 2012 at 7:30 am #

Those cupcakes look delicious!

My favorite thing this weekend was nutella crepes. Eating life does not get much better than that.

12. SkinnyRunner January 21, 2012 at 8:04 am #

happy belated birthday!

13. shelly January 21, 2012 at 2:29 pm #

I agree. If you don’t feel it, don’t blog. But glad to hear from you. What a great week. Happy Birthday (a little late).

I like cupcakes but they are not a really big temptation. Those were very pretty though and mini sized would make them more appealing.

I hope you got those shoes nice and muddy! My shoes only got snowy.

14. Carlee January 21, 2012 at 6:33 pm #

What an awesome way to spend a bday!!!!

15. Anna January 23, 2012 at 1:50 am #

Happy 30. Birthday!! I think I wouldn`t even had the time to take a before picture of those cupcakes. Hope you had an amazing day, and all the best to you!

16. Lizzie @TheWeekdayVegan January 23, 2012 at 12:16 pm #

Yay! Sounds like an awesome birthday week! Happy belated.

I always love when people get Gore products…basically my entire family has worked for Gore at some point in their lives, and my Dad has been there his entire career. Needless to say, I <3 Gore-Tex and Windstopper (and get lots of it for free!)

17. Ashley @ This Is The Place January 23, 2012 at 12:41 pm #

Brooks + GoreTex + trails sounds like the perfect combination to me! Well, maybe second most perfect, after wine and chocolate :) Happy birthday!

18. Jamie Walker January 23, 2012 at 3:22 pm #

Happppy Happppy birthday! I love seeing fellow runners that are also lovers of all things wine and shopping. That would also describe many of the days I would describe as PERFECT. ;) Looks and sounds like a blast!

I see that you’re also planning to run American River 50. I’ve done that one and am planning to be out there supporting and pacing a good friend of mine…we should try and meet up! And, we’d love to have you join us to become part of Team #SweatPink – we can send ya more details but I think it would be loads of fun to have you – we seem like kindred spirits. ;)

19. runner26 January 25, 2012 at 7:29 am #

a great bday! those cupcakes are so cute!!!

1. Friday Favourites | Girl With The Red Hair - February 3, 2012

[...] Chloe,Friday Favs,series // Aron does a Friday’s Favourite’s post every so often showing off her favourite things from the week and I’ve also seen them on [...]