2012 Race Schedule, Part 1

This might be a little late to the game since I have already run 3 races this year, but I have been meaning to post my race schedule (that I know of) for at least the first half of 2012.  After that, who knows what will happen.

So here it is, what is on my race calendar for the first half of 2012!

SFMT 045

02.11.12 – Golden Gate Trail Marathon

My first trail marathon and my 12th overall marathon!  I signed up for this kind of on a whim one day and then proceeded to talk Alyssa into one of the distances, who talked Courtney into it, and it snowballed from there.  It should be a really fun day out there with a ton of friends!

See those mountains behind the Golden Gate Bridge pictured above?  That’s where we will be running!

401460_194843187280201_118168181614369_312568_2102137722_n
source Inside Trail Racing)

02.25.12 – PCTR Pacifica 30k

Hmm this sounds awfully familiar?  I originally signed up for last weekend’s race with PCTR, who then moved their date to February.  So I will be back to Pacifica next month, and maybe I will complete the 30k this time.

n2

03.04.12 – Napa Marathon

This marathon has been on my list forever and I went back and forth on if I wanted to run it as a training run for AR50 or not.  Sell out was getting close so I just signed up.  There will be a ton of friends out there running that day too, and I will be out for a cruise in wine country, practicing pacing, fueling and finally running the Napa Marathon!

I spectated this race back in 2009 in the pouring rain!

pctr2

03.17.12 – CTR Canyon Meadow 50k

I haven’t singed up for this race yet, but I will either be doing this one, or one the next day with Inside Trail Racing in Marin.  I am leaning towards this one since I love Redwood Park, I ran a 30k there once, and it’s an easy drive from my house.  I should probably just sign up.

AR50 Plan

04.07.12 – American River 50

The biggie that all those previously listed races are gearing towards.

If I continue to run after AR50 (kidding!), this is what I have planned….

photo-21

04.22.12 – SLO Marathon

Kidding again!

I will NOT be running this race but I will be down there to support the morning crew.  I am really excited to get to be a tiny part of SLO’s first marathon.

2010 SB Wine Country Half Marathon 018

05.12.12 – Santa Barbara Wine Country Half Marathon

I am really excited for this one.  I ran this race once before, but this time it’s extra special.  My sister in law registered for her first half marathon when we were together at Christmas and I signed up too to run with her!  I have helped her make a plan and am really excited to follow her training and help her out in any way that I can.  Being there when she crosses the finish line will be the cherry on top.

281626_624351522619_23800473_33171391_961667_n

07.29.12 – San Francisco Marathon (or Half Marathon)

It’s no secret I love SFM, I have run one race or another every year!  This year will be my 5th consecutive year which means I will be a legacy runner!  I also get to run as an Ambassador again this year, which I am very excited about.  I still don’t know which race I will be doing (the full, first half or second half), but I have some time to decide.  Do I continue the pattern I have done in the past (full, first, second, full, first) or do I mix it up?  We shall see!

The rest of 2012…

After that is up in the air!  I am not planning on deciding what I want to do with the fall until after April.  Who knows where my heart will be then!  More trail running?  More ultras?  Or back to road marathons?  Only time will tell.

So who I am going to see at any of the above races?!?  Anything I should keep my eye out for or add to my schedule?  Any fall recommendations?

, ,

20 Responses to 2012 Race Schedule, Part 1

1. Celia January 26, 2012 at 9:31 am #

Races out west are so beautiful looking! Definitely want to run napa someday, but that picture you posted…is it on a trail?? I guess I was under the impression it was a road marathon…

• Aron January 26, 2012 at 9:51 am #

Nope Napa is road! The picture associated with Napa was the one with me and 3 friends in the rain ;)

2. Kimra January 26, 2012 at 9:42 am #

I’ll be at the SFM first half! I would love to do SLO either full or half next year — it doesn’t fit my schedule this year, but I love that city so much.

3. Kristi January 26, 2012 at 9:46 am #

If you want to trek across the country (to Pensacola, FL) check out the Blackwater Trail Series. http://www.blackwatertrailseries.com/ I’m probably going to do the 50k relay in December. And what are your thoughts on the mud-type races (Tough Mudder, etc.)? Have you considered doing any of those?

• Aron January 26, 2012 at 9:51 am #

I have never really had a desire to do Tough Mudder type races for some reason. Everyone seems to love them though!

4. janae@hungryrunnergirl.com January 26, 2012 at 9:56 am #

I am so jealous of all the races you are doing this year. Add one in Utah:)

• Aron January 26, 2012 at 10:06 am #

YESSSSSSSSSS! There are actually a number of races I would LOVE to run in Utah :)

5. Marlene January 26, 2012 at 10:04 am #

Super exciting stuff! That SF Trail Marathon looks like it is going to be incredible. Who goes out and runs marathons as training runs? yeesh! hehe! Can’t wait to follow along! You’re a racing machine this year.

6. Marlene January 26, 2012 at 10:05 am #

P.S. sooo bummed that we can’t make it to Napa afterall. BUT we are bound and determined to come to California in 2013.

7. LeeAnn January 26, 2012 at 11:17 am #

You should totally come run a trail race in Colorado…we have some amazing trails (and altitude!)!!!

8. Jen January 26, 2012 at 11:19 am #

I hope you don’t mind I’m stealing this idea for my post today! I just *finalized* my race schedule for this year, so excited to share!

9. Layla January 26, 2012 at 11:19 am #

I will be cheering for you on the 11th!! And hmmmm, Redwood Park CTR… hmmmm!

10. Jesse January 26, 2012 at 1:58 pm #

You have an amazing race schedule lined up for this year so far! I really want to do a trail race someday and a 50k.

I’m doing the SF Full so hopefully I’ll see you there :)

My fall suggestion, as always, CIM. I just LOVE it :)

11. RoadBunner January 26, 2012 at 5:50 pm #

What a fun schedule! Boo that none of those are on my list but I should be around to spectate SFM.

12. Josie @ happycorredora.com January 27, 2012 at 4:59 am #

Wow. You’re already raced three times? Thats awesome. The runs looks very scenic. I heard Santa Barbara gives you a wine glass (full of wine) at the finish? If so- sounds reason enough to run! ;)

13. Susan - Nurse on the Run January 27, 2012 at 8:48 am #

I’ll be seeing you in SF! :)

14. Gretchen January 27, 2012 at 5:31 pm #

Looks like a great schedule! I’ll be at Napa for my first race of the year. I’m excited about it! You’ll love AR50. I’m not running it this year, but I’ve done it several times and it was also my first 50. Highly recommended!

15. ramadan 2013 July 28, 2013 at 6:40 am #

Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Very helpful information specifically the last part :) I care for such info much. I was looking for this certain information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.

16. www.stadtei.de August 14, 2014 at 10:32 am #

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great.
    I don’t know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous
    blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

1. Race Report: ITR Lake Chabot 30k | runner's rambles - February 26, 2012

[...] was originally signed up for the PCTR Pacifica 30k that had been previously moved from January and I was excited to get a [...]