12 Days Later

Hello and Happy New Year!

It’s been 12 full days since I posted, logged a run, or tweeted and it’s been great.  Although the first couple days it was really hard not to know what was going on on twitter and Facebook, it was really good to disconnect for a bit and just generally break the habit of always checking in on everything.  I did miss it a lot though!

I didn’t intend to wait until New Years to post again, but it just worked out that way and here it is January 1st.  It’s been a busy 12 days and they flew by!

So what has been going on the last 12 days being offline?

Of course, there was a lot of running.  And even better than that, a lot of trail running!

Dec 454a

There was tons of eating, drinking and spending time with my family.

Dec 340b

There was a little bit travelling.

Hello Lake Tahoe!
Dec 331

There was playing.

Dec 536a

And there was racing!  Back to back races even.

390862_2931177680548_1294178028_33176522_249435402_n

But I will get caught up on all that as the week goes on.  I just had to stop in and say Happy New Year!  I hope you all had a safe, relaxing, and happy Holiday Season.

So what did I miss?!  Anything exciting happen the last 12 days?  Tell me all about it!

19 Responses to 12 Days Later

1. wymberley January 1, 2012 at 1:09 pm #

The only thing exciting for me was the whole Christmas thing. It has been a glorious lazy 2 weeks!

2. Naomi January 1, 2012 at 1:28 pm #

I have missed your posts – so glad you’re back!

3. Jamie January 1, 2012 at 1:55 pm #

Happy New Year! It is nice to take a break, I’ve learned that. :)
    Yay for trail running! I’m trying to get more involved in my local trail running group. The hydration pack you are wearing is like the one I’m hoping to buy soon.

4. Christine January 1, 2012 at 2:12 pm #

Welcome back!! Happy New Year!! LOVE the medals!

5. Shut Up and Run January 1, 2012 at 2:22 pm #

I was wondering where you were. Glad you unplugged for a bit. We can all use that!

6. Alison Gittelman January 1, 2012 at 2:59 pm #

Wow, LOVE how those medals fit together! Must put those races on the “wish list!” Trails look beautiful. I love our trails out here in Virginia but we don’t get quite the stunning vistas that you do! Good luck in 2012!

7. Alyssa January 1, 2012 at 3:59 pm #

Welcome back & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

8. katie January 1, 2012 at 5:31 pm #

Molly is sick. :( and we’re getting another puppy. and I missed you! happy new year, friend!

9. Susan January 1, 2012 at 7:50 pm #

Happy New Year, Aron! :-)

I missed you…glad you are BACK!

10. Morgan January 1, 2012 at 8:24 pm #

That is some ridiculous bling! Can’t wait to hear that story! Cheers to the hiatus, looks like you had a great time!

11. Kristen (inspiredbydooce) January 1, 2012 at 8:35 pm #

Happy New Year! It looks like you had a great time and I hope you feel renewed and refreshed! I took a quasi sabbatical as well and loved it. I spent far too much time in front of the computer this fall and needed a bit of a break.

That Lake Tahoe race looks awesome! I hope there’s a race report!

12. Rena @ milehogger.blogspot.com January 1, 2012 at 9:21 pm #

I actually did the same thing. I didn’t want to spend all my time blogging and checking other blogs instead of spending maximum time with family. Can’t wait to hear about what you’ve been up to.

13. Lisa January 1, 2012 at 10:52 pm #

Happy New Year! Those are some cool medals! I closed 2011 yesterday with a long run, and thought about starting 2012 today with a run but ended up going to the gym instead. Hopefully the weather will hold up so I can get out and run tomorrow. I just started a new blog. Please check it out if you have time, thanks!

14. Tabitha January 2, 2012 at 8:24 am #

Happy New Year, I’m happy you’re back!

15. SkinnyRunner January 2, 2012 at 10:08 am #

welcome back! that is one sweet medal(s). cant wait to hear about it.

16. Petra January 2, 2012 at 10:09 am #

Lovely to read your posts and I’d be interested to read more on your social networking holiday / experiment and see how it affected you! WEll done on the medals.

17. Kristen January 2, 2012 at 11:01 am #

Happy New Year! Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. As hard as it is it is nice to “unplug” every once in a while.

18. Amanda - RunToTheFinish January 3, 2012 at 5:52 am #

i still just love that medal!!! your training looks great and fun over the last couple weeks!

19. marlene January 4, 2012 at 7:58 am #