These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Nov 298

To the tune of the Christmas song of course since it is officially Christmas season!

Are you in need of some ideas of what to put on your Christmas list or what to get your favorite runner?  You are in luck!  I have compiled a list of a few of my favorite running things that might help you out.

Although I have an extreme list of favorite items, I have narrowed it down to a few of my extra favorite running things.

The day I met Alyssa!
SFMT 1b

lululemon Run: Inspire Crops

If I could only buy one thing from lululemon, the inspire crops is what I would buy.  I love these crops so much!  They are flattering, comfortable and functional, all very important things.

lululemonLSswift

lululemon Run: Swiftly Long Sleeve

I love these long sleeve tops!  They are perfect for this time of year by keeping you warm but not too warm.  My favorite part has to be the thumb holes.  They fit well and are very long which is also a very big plus in my book.

Don’t worry, this isn’t going to be completely a lululemon love fest (although I could keep going I am sure).

Nov

Running Shoes

My current personal favorites are Brooks Adrenaline (both the road and trail versions) and I would love to get shoes for Christmas!  Find out what your favorite runner’s running shoes are and stock them up!  Running shoes are kind of a pain to have to buy all the time, but are also a necessity during training.

This vest is also a jacket!
200108_10150112222676992_70418236991_7054949_6567257_n

Convertible Jacket

I have a Nike one and an Adidas one now and I am obsessed with both.  These are the perfect thing to head out for a long run in when it might rain or you might get warm as the hours go by.  Zipping off sleeves and turning into a vest is my favorite thing in the world.  Vests are the best to run in since they keep your middle warm, let your arms be free and have pockets to carry your stuff.  Trust me you won’t regret one of these.

June 131

Garmin

Honestly, I am still in love with my 205 and have no desire to get a new one (unless it happens to be Chris’s 310xt).  I love the big screen, I love how easy it is to work and I don’t mind the size at all.  Besides shoes, this is pretty much the thing I consistently run with day in and day out year round.

May 312

Trigger Point

The grid foam roller and the trigger point set – both are amazing and great things to have!  They are definitely my favorite products when it comes to inflicting pain on yourself taking care of your body.  If you don’t have one already, definitely add it to your list.

dec07

Memories

My favorite running present I ever got was the plaque/board Chris had made for me after CIM 2009.  I cried when I opened it and I still look at it with a smile.  This is something I would never buy myself or ever thing to buy myself, so it made it that much better.

So there are just a few of my favorite things to help give you some ideas for what to add to your list or help you out shopping for your favorite runner.  I have my own Christmas list in a post coming soon…

What is in your Christmas list this year?

Happy Shopping!

, , ,

12 Responses to These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

1. Alyssa November 29, 2011 at 9:01 pm #

Hahaha! This was so deceiving!! It was like, “here are some of my favorite things: The day I met Alyssa!” Oh wait, it was actually about the crops… I’m not offended. No really, I’m not. ;P

What a great list! I might have to send this post to C. :D

• Aron November 29, 2011 at 9:02 pm #

LOL of course the day I met you is one of my favorite things <3

2. Carlos November 30, 2011 at 12:02 am #

I just love reading your posts.

While I would never wear crops, you ladies made them look good.

Let me just say that I am really excited, my wife forgot that her amazon account is linked to my e-mail, she bought me the Garmin 405cx…now I can run where ever I want on my long runs.

Brooks are on my list this year…for my birthday though, if I keep my training going, I should be ready for new shoes come Feb.

Country Music Marathon…here I come.

3. Susan - Nurse on the Run November 30, 2011 at 2:11 am #

I really, really wanted to like the crops from lululemon, but they’re essentially tights on me since they’re so long! Oops. I did buy that long sleeve shirt from lululemon since I love thumb holes…and they told me the shirts have silver in them so they don’t smell like sweat as much. I’m still testing that theory…

• Aron November 30, 2011 at 5:19 am #

They hem for free!!

4. Turi November 30, 2011 at 4:28 am #

I’m kind of jealous – I would LOVE to have a jacket-vest combo, with good reflectivity, but can’t seem to find a men’s version…

5. Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef November 30, 2011 at 6:08 am #

brooks adrenalines are where it’s at! :)

6. marlene November 30, 2011 at 6:30 am #

Bring on the Lulu!!

7. kristen November 30, 2011 at 7:14 am #

All those things are fantastic! Did you know Brooks has a gortex GTS now.

8. Denise November 30, 2011 at 7:16 am #

i love anything and everything that has thumb holes in the sleeves!!

9. Beth @ Boston2Berkeley November 30, 2011 at 11:15 am #

running shoes are totally on my list this year. I’m loving all the colors the Saucony Kinvaras come in, though I haven’t tried out the kinvara 2, so I’m a little leery that they might have changed my magical shoe.

I also love the Inspire crops. My sister and I basically just buy each other lululemon outfits now for Christmas and our birthdays. We know we’ll both love them, and it’s so easy to shop for each other there :)

10. Jeanette K. November 30, 2011 at 2:34 pm #

I’m with you on the lulu. Went Christmas shopping for myself on their website yesterday and bought another pair of groove pants :). I have those thumb holes on the fleece I’m wearing as I type this! And you can never go wrong with Brooks Adrenaline.