In 2 Weeks…

I have only been to Vegas once in my life and it was for my 21st birthday.

Me and my first legal drink at midnight
452376557305

I am 21!
329186557305

Two weeks from today I will be returning for the first time in almost 9 years!

I remember two things about Sin City:

1. There are lots of lights.
  2. There is lots of drinking.

I am really excited (and maybe slightly nervous?) to return to the place where I celebrated my legal drinking age… but this time to party with a bunch of bloggers run!  I am 100% certain when I was there almost 9 years ago, I would have never dreamed I would be back to run a race on the strip.  I am pretty sure I wouldn’t have dreamed I would be running at all.

In addition to running the race, there will be a ton of other things going on that weekend I am very excited about.

Oct 006

First, I get to be a Team Refuel spokesperson for this race!  That basically means I get to run around Vegas talking about how great Chocolate Milk is… because it is great.

I talked once before about the benefits of drinking Chocolate Milk right after a workout, but just incase you really want to know more, check out this link.  On top of the science behind it, it’s just yummy and easy to get down after a tough workout.

With training for the big 50 miler around the corner, I know I will be drinking a lot of the stuff to help me recover from all the miles I am going to be running and help get me ready for more miles I will run the next day.

But, back to Vegas.

Second, I get to run and whenever running is involved it’s a good thing.  While I have not been training for any sort of speed for this race, I am excited to try this whole night running thing and am willing to give Rock n Roll races another shot to do so.  Plus there will be lights!  Running at night on the Vegas strip will definitely be an experience.  In the very least, the run will be a long run and will be the last hurrah before my 50 mile training officially starts the next week.

I love running the same races as this girl!
713726-9006-0035s

Third, I have some really awesome roommates, one of which (Page) is one of my Bay Area best friends.  I am really excited to share the Vegas shenanigans with these girls because I have a feeling there might be a few shenanigans.

Lastly, um hello blogger central!  Everywhere I look bloggers are training for Vegas, booking plane tickets to Vegas and just are talking about #stripatnight in general.  It definitely feels like the place to be!  It’s going to be so fun to see some old friends and meet lots of new ones too.

So who else is going to be in Vegas?!

I want to meet you all!

, , ,

25 Responses to In 2 Weeks…

1. Beth November 18, 2011 at 5:42 am #

The Vegas run is going to be a blast! I’m missing out on the fun, but I can’t wait for recaps full of shenanigans :)

2. Brandi @ The Vitamin Bee November 18, 2011 at 6:03 am #

I’ll be there too! I’m running the half. I’m really excited to meet everyone! This will be my first time meeting other bloggers :)

3. Jessica B. November 18, 2011 at 6:05 am #

There are so many bloggers who will be in Vegas this year, I def picked a good year to run it. My list of bloggers to meet gets longer everyday, getting crazy!
    I also just became a member of Team Refuel this week!!!! So excited!

4. Page November 18, 2011 at 6:49 am #

For this comment, imagine me pumping my hands in the air saying WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!! Yes, that just happened and I’m so excited.

P.S. You look so different in your 21-year-old picture!

5. Jaime November 18, 2011 at 7:30 am #

I will be running the Vegas half too! So excited! I am still recovering from my stress fracture though so will be running it for fun. But isn’t everybody:) Hope to run into you! I love reading your blog and have learned so much from you.

6. Holly November 18, 2011 at 7:31 am #

sadly, i’m not going to be there in person, but i’ll be cheering y’all on in both the race and the shenanigans- especially the shenanigans! :) i know y’all will have a blast!!

7. Sarah November 18, 2011 at 7:38 am #

I’ll be there! My first half! Can’t wait. I’ll probably be stalking you other bloggers and a bit starstruck if I run into you guys. :)

8. Alisa November 18, 2011 at 7:38 am #

Sounds so fun! I love that companies are using bloggers to be spokespersons about products athletes use.

Enjoy and you’ll have to tell us at least a little bit about your trip…none of this what happens there stays there =).

9. tricia November 18, 2011 at 7:55 am #

Huge fan of chocomilk for recovery myself, happy they picked such a great spokesperson.

SO excited! Looking forward to meeting you at out meetup :) http://tinyurl.com/cw5r2wz

10. Rena @ milehogger.blogspot.com November 18, 2011 at 8:40 am #

I’m so sad that I wont’ be there. But it sounds like it will be so much fun!

11. Celia November 18, 2011 at 8:48 am #

I wish I were going to be there! Seems like everyone is going…

12. katy beth November 18, 2011 at 10:06 am #

ill be here!! I’m so excited all of these runners and bloggers are coming to vegas so soon! this will also be my first time to meet fellow bloggers and I can’t wait:) oh and the run of course!

13. Audrey November 18, 2011 at 10:15 am #

Chocolate milk . . . who would have thunk it? Must try it out. My training partner is running in Vegas (coming off of SF, then Nike Womens – she is ready for some flat running) and I’m super excited for her. Should be a blast! Have fun!

14. Jill Will Run November 18, 2011 at 11:03 am #

I’ll be here… :-) I will be on the course as a coach for Team Challenge… I’ll be in my orange Team Challenge jersey and a blue & orange tutu!

15. Amber from Girl with the Red Hair November 18, 2011 at 11:36 am #

You and Chris look so young in that photo. Cute!

I can’t wait to read about all the shenanigans in Vegas! I’m sure it will be a fun time!

16. Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs November 18, 2011 at 11:52 am #

My hubby celebrated his 21st in Vegas too (ahem, 12 years ago)– ahhh, good times.

I will also be there — can’t wait!!! I’ll be on the lookout for you :)

17. marlene November 18, 2011 at 12:02 pm #

I sooo wish I was going! That’s going to be one amazing weekend!

18. Nelly November 18, 2011 at 3:08 pm #

I can’t believe that you haven’t been to Vegas since you were 21! I bet I’ve been there maybe 6-7 times, over the years my friends trips have gradually calmed down, which is probably a good thing. Some ideas on things we love to do there:
    -Buffet at Bellagio
    -Cirque de Soleil (My favorite is “O”. “Ka” is also really good)
    -XS or Tryst clubs at the Wynn hotels are both awesome
    -Watching sports at Legasse Stadium at the Palozzo
    -Go to Tao Beach pool – lot of fun on the last day there or something
    -Gambling pretty much anywhere. I like Casino Royale because it is a little cheaper on the table minimums but it’s still decent

19. Carly November 18, 2011 at 3:28 pm #

mmm chocolate milk. have fun in vegas!!! I have never been!

20. Christine November 18, 2011 at 5:59 pm #

So jealous! Have fun!

21. bonnie November 19, 2011 at 4:22 am #

My husband and I are doing the half! Our first half marathon ever!! I’m BEYOND excited!

22. Russell November 19, 2011 at 5:08 am #

Its gonna be awesome! I was amused to see on the email this week there’s a pub crawl on Saturday night. I know it’s a 4:00 race, but no thanks! Anyone in Corral 5 say hello!

23. Susan - Nurse on the Run November 19, 2011 at 7:44 am #

You look so young!! Have fun in Vegas, I’m jealous that EVERYONE is going to be there!

24. Joey November 29, 2011 at 11:00 am #

I will be here! Hope to meet you & all the other bloggers :)