Friday Favorites: 2,000

I reached 2,000 miles for 2011 today!

I couldn’t ask for a better week to get me to that number.

Of course there was the trail race on Sunday that was a nice push to 2,000.  I love that Brazen Racing puts their pictures up for free!  All you have to do is dig around and find yourself in them.  Totally worth it.

IMG_2613

Is that a smile I see on Chris’s face???
PB060156PB060127

Thursday night continued the fun towards 2,000 with an impromptu run in San Francisco with the girls.  I got to meet Angela for the first time and run on a beautiful evening along the water.  Can’t ask for much more!

Nov 012

It might have crossed my mind to run 14 miles Thursday night so I could cross 2,000 with Alyssa and Katie like I did with 1,000, but my legs, hungry stomach and brain told me otherwise.

Nov 013

After Thursday night I needed 8.01 miles to cross over to 2,000 exactly.  Sometimes I laugh at my number obsession, especially when I show up to meet the girls this morning saying I need to run 8.01 miles, but that’s exactly what I did.

photo (5)

We ran on a perfect crisp fall morning with the crunching leaves under our feet.

photo (4)

Now I just have 235 more miles to go to beat 2010’s mileage… always working towards another goal!  Since I will be ramping up for my new adventure, I don’t think this will be too hard.

What was your favorite part of this week?

Happy Friday!!

, , ,

15 Responses to Friday Favorites: 2,000

1. Jen November 11, 2011 at 8:14 am #

Congrats on 2000 miles! I am sure you’ll beat last year’s mileage!

2. sarah k @ the pajama chef November 11, 2011 at 9:33 am #

that’s awesome! ps congrats on signing up for the ultra! so cool.

3. katie November 11, 2011 at 9:46 am #

WOW – congratulations!

4. Kristen (inspiredbydooce) November 11, 2011 at 10:39 am #

I love your love of numbers. Congrats on hitting 2000!

5. shelly November 11, 2011 at 12:54 pm #

Congrats on hitting 2000!! I freak over the numbers too. It’s not always a good thing for me.

Best part of this weekend is getting to be with my super secret spy! He didn’t get to come home last weekend for the race (He had duty and couldn’t) so I can’t wait to see him tonight! Least favorite. It will be my birthday. They will want to make a fuss. Yuck. I don’t like people making a fuss. I’d rather make my own cake and buy someone else gifts. But I will appreciate that they love me and want to show me that they do.

Enjoy your weekend!

6. Angela @ SF Road Warrior November 11, 2011 at 1:56 pm #

Yay for 2000!! :)

And good to finally meet you!

7. Brigid November 11, 2011 at 4:22 pm #

Hi there. Maria @chasingthenow recommended your blog to me. I’ve browsed a bit and look forward to reading for more running inspiration!

8. Nelly November 11, 2011 at 5:23 pm #

Congrats on reaching the 2000 mile barrier! That is amazing!

9. Gillian November 12, 2011 at 3:54 pm #

2,000 miles? You are a rock star! Best of luck on beating your previous best but I know you’ll do it because you seem to have re-found your love of running. It’s so nice to read how much you enjoy it, even through the pain and trouble. Have fun!

10. Carly November 12, 2011 at 10:51 pm #

2000 is freaking amazing!!! great job!!!

11. Ana-Maria November 13, 2011 at 6:03 am #

2000 miles, hurray! And congrats on registering for the ultra! I know it was something on your bucket list for a long time! I think you will strive at this distance.

12. XLMIC November 13, 2011 at 10:51 am #

It was very fun getting to help you with those post-2000 miles toward surpassing last year’s totals :)

13. Jessica Washburn November 13, 2011 at 5:16 pm #

Nice time. I think I will take my Garmin with me this week and try to push it a little. I just ran my first 10k and I’m still pretty happy about it. :) I found you on twitter btw.

runningtobeskinny.com

1. Weekly Recap: Base Building | runner's rambles - November 14, 2011

[...] knew I needed 8.01 miles to hit 2,000 for the year, so that’s exactly what I did.  My body was pretty tired this day, but I had my friends to [...]

2. November | runner's rambles - November 30, 2011

[...] passed 2,000 miles for 2012, I signed up for my next BIG adventure and started celebrating my favorite [...]