October

And just like that another month flies by!

I was talking with a friend this morning and we were seriously wondering where this year went.  It really feels like it was just March, how do we only have 2 months left of 2011?!

Onto my monthly recap…

I started October by crossing off one of my “fears” off my checklist and riding by bike up Mt. Diablo!  That sadly is the last time I was on my bike.  Oops.

photo 1a (1)

I got my first glimpse of fall (which soon went back into hiding), checked in on my 2011 goals, and had a lot of fun running weeks!

Aug 009

I got a little muddy.

Oct 028

I got to run with Amanda from across the country.

DSCN45704

Reflected on my DNS from the Portland Marathon, but was (and still am) happy to be looking forward.

I set a challenge to cross 2,000 miles for the year by the end of today, which didn’t come close to happening.  Life, cross-training and being sick all got in the way.  It will happen in November!

Oct 074

I ran my 20th half marathon side by side with Kristin!

NWM 051a

Went to my first (and second) yoga class and spent a beautiful afternoon on the trails with Chris.

photo-1

I took a trip south to San Luis Obispo, where I was caught running alone and got some much great feedback in the comment section about your feeling on running alone.

photo-21

I ended up finishing off the month with a bunch of unplanned rest days from being sick.  I still don’t feel that great, but after 4 days off I got one last run in tonight in order to pick up some essentials.

Oct 075

I ended October with 156.4 running miles and 4 hours of spin, 2 hours of yoga, and the 37 mile bike ride up Diablo.  Not a bad month overall!

I am at 1928.7 miles for the year, which means I have just over 71 to go to get to 2,000.

How was your October?

14 Responses to October

1. marlene November 1, 2011 at 7:39 am #

Pretty good month aside from being sick! Hope you are feeling back to 100% soon.

Where did November come from?! Whoa!!!

2. Denise November 1, 2011 at 9:25 am #

very good month!! hope you’re finally feeling better!!

and i agree, seems like just yesterday we were in boston. this year went too fast!

3. shelly November 1, 2011 at 11:10 am #

You accomplished a lot despite being sick! I love your linked recap. What a varied month you had. I need to follow your example. Here’s to a Healthy Happy November!

4. Leana November 1, 2011 at 12:08 pm #

Nice job for the month!! Hope you are feeling better!

5. Jen November 1, 2011 at 1:17 pm #

Such a great October Aron! I’m especially proud of you for breaking new ground with the yoga and big bike ride up Diablo. November is going to be great -cooler temps, more “off season” fun, and holidays coming! Keep up the great work. :)

6. Nancy November 1, 2011 at 4:04 pm #

Awesome month….aside from the sickiness! You are sure to get those 2000 miles….amazing!

7. Cate November 1, 2011 at 4:43 pm #

Feel better!

October has been awesome…I’m back to running regularly for the first time in months!

8. Raina November 1, 2011 at 8:06 pm #

Looks like you are going to hit the 2000 and then some !! Awesome!

Hope you get better soon – Running is great; running to get drugs because you are sick is no fun.

Sorry to read about the Portland DNS. Hope you have recovered from whatever led to it.

• Aron November 5, 2011 at 6:06 pm #

Just a major case of burnout after too many training cycles in a row without a break… recovery well after two months with no training plan! :)

9. Christine November 2, 2011 at 2:50 am #

You had an awesome month!! My October was runtastic, I ran a 33 minute marathon PR, my first 5k under 25 minutes and I ran a new half marathon PR! :)

• Aron November 5, 2011 at 6:06 pm #

HOLY PR MONTH! That is definitely a runtastic month if I ever heard of one. Nice job!

10. electronic cigarettes where to buy in canada January 23, 2014 at 4:50 am #

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all people you really realize what you are speaking about!
    Bookmarked. Kindly additionally talk over with my web
    site =). We could have a hyperlink exchange arrangement among us

11. Shay March 26, 2014 at 11:11 am #

Wow, that’s what I was searching for, what a information! existing here at this website, thanks
    admin of this website.