1,859.7

Earlier this week I was looking at my workout log and realized how close I am to breaking 2,000 miles for the year.

2011 Running Log

The past 2 years I have broken through that number, but in 2009 it wasn’t until December and in 2010 it wasn’t until November.

Looking at this number got me thinking, what if I could break it this month?

Oct 030

That was on Tuesday.

As of yesterday I am at 1,859.7 which leaves 140.3 miles to go before the 2,000 mile mark.  With 19 days left in October including today, that is about 7.4 miles a day if I ran every day.

Well I don’t plan on running every single day left in October, but seeing how close I am to this number has presented a fun challenge in my head and we all know I like a challenge.

Can I get 140+ more miles this month?  I know if I was in marathon training this would be no problem with all the long runs, but being in the off season might make it a little more difficult.  But I think it can be done, and since I am putting it out there for blogland to see, I am definitely going to do my best!  I have been running a lot lately and loving every minute, so I think this would be a fun way to celebrate that.

Let’s see how it goes… 19 more days including today!  I better go out for a run.

Oct 031

Are you getting close to any big milestones for the year?

, ,

16 Responses to 1,859.7

1. Tracy October 13, 2011 at 6:38 am #

I can’t imagine running that many miles in a year!! That’s awesome! One question: When you first began running did you go through aches and pains as your mileage increased? I have been running 3-4 days a week for the past year and while I’ve seen myself improve I’ve also have noticed aches and pains as I increase my mileage. I mainly suffer tight calf muscles and hip flexor tightness. I stretch and stretch, but it doesn’t seem to go away. What advice can you give a new runner?

2. Kristen (inspiredbydooce) October 13, 2011 at 7:17 am #

Oh I hope you make it!
    Maybe 2012 will be the year that I track my mileage so that I can take a count and see if I reach any milestones. I track it generally, but I do run without my garmin sometimes and that doesn’t get tracked…

3. Carolina John October 13, 2011 at 7:32 am #

I’m sure with some 10 milers and some rest days you can still get there. Nice job! that’s really impressive.

4. Robin Johnson October 13, 2011 at 7:37 am #

You can do it!

5. Page October 13, 2011 at 7:54 am #

You’ve got this – no doubt about it!

6. Jamie October 13, 2011 at 9:31 am #

I haven’t really been keeping track because I’ve been so busy. But that’s where Dailymile comes in. I don’t know what I would do without it! You can do it Aron! Go for it!

7. katie October 13, 2011 at 9:32 am #

this post makes me feel tired. but i know you can do it!

8. J October 13, 2011 at 9:34 am #

Sounds like a pretty awesome challenge! You totally got this!

9. Nelly October 13, 2011 at 9:52 am #

haha I know you will get there with miles to spare! You seem to be doing about 50-60 miles a week right now, so you will get there for sure!

10. marlene October 13, 2011 at 10:25 am #

Awesome idea!!! Just a little added motivation to keep running, not that you need it at all right now!!

Just checked and I am also approaching 2000! 1919… hard to say what will happen post-marathon, but we’ll see. :)

11. Vanessa (@IsleStyleLiving) October 13, 2011 at 12:20 pm #

Not any big fitness or running milestones…

But at the end of the year I’ll be a mommy!

Baby is due on 12/28!

12. Jolene October 13, 2011 at 12:59 pm #

Um, not running goals but I’m almost done with the bible, I started about 6 months ago and its the first time I’ve read it in less than a year. I’ll be starting a new workout schedule….I’ll let you know how that goes!

13. Megan @ On the Road Again October 13, 2011 at 1:38 pm #

I saw your Tweet about this goal and was totally inspired! I’m not even close to 2,000 this year because I got pregnant (although I wouldn’t have been close anyway), but I am near 500 for the year. Hopefully, I’ll hit that mark at least before December.

Next year is my comeback year – I’d love to run 1,000+ miles!

14. Amy October 13, 2011 at 4:56 pm #

My comment is almost exactly the same as Megan’s. Of course, I don’t run like you, but 1,000 in a year is definitely on my list – maybe for 2013. :)

Nice job!

15. Kimra October 13, 2011 at 9:31 pm #

I’m going to hit my goal number for the year — 450 — during the Nike half on Sunday! I actually think I’m likely to hit 500 before the year is up, but the goal I set back in January was 450, the most I’ve ever run in a year. I’d love to hit 1,000 some year, but I’m not sure I’ll ever hit 2,000!

16. Christine October 14, 2011 at 3:15 am #

2000 miles that is amazing!!! I’m trying to run 1000 miles in1 year, I might be able to make it :)