College Football Spinning

Yesterday I slept in and it was glorious.

After a busy week of early mornings and a super early morning on tap for Sunday, I really needed the extra sleep.  I ended up not running, but I wanted to get some sort of workout done so I decided to make use of my absolutely necessary desired time in front of the TV and bust out my spin bike.

See, my two favorite college football teams just happened to be playing at the same time (Cal – Bay Area of course and Oregon – in Eugene the running capital!) and I really wanted to watch the games.  So I turned my spinning session into a workout based on what was happening in the game.

I set some rules and got going on my bike!

Sept 034

My college football spinning class:
Commercial = standing climb
Kick off/punt/point after touchdown = sprint
Defense = seated climb
Offense = easy spin

This turned into quite a workout especially since the quarter I was watching Cal happened to sadly be on defense way more than offense (which is ok now since they ended up winning).

Sept 033

I only had an hour before I had to get ready for plans that evening, but that hour had my soaked in sweat and definitely feeling the burn!

Time passed by so fast and I definitely will be doing this again… it’s a great way to get multitask my Saturday college football watching with a workout.  Plus it will always be different based on the game which is fun too.

Are you a football fan?  Do you ever multitask workouts with other things?

13 Responses to College Football Spinning

1. Joey September 11, 2011 at 1:32 pm #

HUGE football fan – Go Saints & go Colts! :) Love your rules for spinning according to what’s going on in the game!

2. Holly September 11, 2011 at 2:11 pm #

F-l-o-r-i-d-a s-t-a-t-e Florida state Florida state Florida state wooo!!! We are all college football ALL season long! If there is a game on we are watching it. What a great idea I might have to try this at the gym. Or invest in a spin bike… And I just have to throw in a war eagle!! (I can cheer for auburn and fsu cause we’re different conferenes :)

3. Jamie September 11, 2011 at 4:02 pm #

What a great idea! That’s also a great idea for kids. Make them get on a stationary bike if they want to watch tv. :) Love it.

4. Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs September 11, 2011 at 7:57 pm #

What a great idea!

I love college football (Go Noles!) and thanks to Fantasy Football I love pro-football too :)

5. Kristin September 11, 2011 at 8:10 pm #

I like that way of making it into a workout! When I lived in Boston I would watch movies while riding the trainer, but in SD the weather is nice enough that I just ride on the patio to avoid sweating so much… but no TV :( Definitely can’t agree with your choice of team though, as Iam a Stanford gal myself… at least Luck is on our side :)

6. Alyssa September 11, 2011 at 9:27 pm #

Heyyyy, now this is one way I could be convinced to get into watching sports on TV. :) Awesome!

7. Laurie September 11, 2011 at 11:25 pm #

Love, love, love college football. Go ducks!! What a cool workout!

8. Rachel September 11, 2011 at 11:38 pm #

haha this is so clever! i’m not a big football fan but i think this would be a great idea for watching other sports, too!

9. Denise September 12, 2011 at 7:17 am #

oh, i like the little “rules”…i’m going to have to do that. i think the time on the bike flies when watching tv.

10. Nelly September 12, 2011 at 11:48 am #

This might be my favorite post you’ve ever done, haha Hilarious that you invented your own game during college football!

There are a ton of commercials during football, so you were probably climbing a lot!

You have probably seen how much I love football – I like Stanford and 49ers the best. I go to every Stanford home game, and try to go to 1-2 49ers games each year. And I’ll definitely be at the Stanford-CAL game this year!

11. marlene September 13, 2011 at 7:12 am #

What a fun idea! Not a football plan but I’m sure I can come up with a similar ‘game’ to keep things interesting on my trainer once we have the TV set up down there.

12. spinning bike June 15, 2014 at 3:27 pm #

Fantastic site you have here but I was curious about if you knew of any community forums
    that cover the same topics talked about here? I’d really like to be
    a part of group where I can get feedback from other knowledgeable
    individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
    Bless you!