Being a lululemon Ambassador

When I got asked to be a Run Ambassador for lululemon, I had a number of questions about what that exactly means.  At the time I had an idea, but now that I have had a chance to go over everything and have officially been one for a couple months, I wanted to share what it’s all about!

249706_10150211497511992_70418236991_7727812_6178618_n

When the Ambassador program started off way back when, it was purely a product feedback relationship, and has since turned into a lot more.  Now it’s a relationship between the Ambassador, the store and the community, and I feel like I am a real part of the lululemon family now!

247119_10150211498956992_70418236991_7727820_2085385_n

lululemon doesn’t “sponsor” athletes, so this is their way of getting to interact with their local athletes.  They pick people active in the community who are passionate about their sport and also about lululemon product and culture.

190317_1843296077143_1082829198_2273100_4705371_n

As an Ambassador, we give back by hosting events, by giving feedback to the store about product and involvements, and just by being an active part of the store and it’s community.  They are really passionate about giving back and being involved with the community, so that’s a big part of it.  You may have seen free yoga at your lululemon, or Kristin and I hosting team lemon run club for the past few months.  Those are just a couple of examples of lululemon reaching out with the help of their Ambassadors.

team lemon 001

I have come to know a lot of the employees really well and feel so comfortable walking into the store just to say hi.  I also love getting to help customers with product, because you know I am not afraid to jump in and rave about Willpower Shorts for someone searching for a new pair.

39158

The Ambassador relationship officially lasts for a year and I can honestly say I am SO EXCITED for everything coming up.  Kristin and I have so many fun ideas to get people excited about running and about the store.  Over the last sseven months we have watched team lemon run club grow and become something amazing, and we can’t wait to see it get even better.  I feel so lucky to be part of such a great community of people and to have Kristin at my side through this.

167800_1827503889393_1294178028_32139824_5137384_n

If you are interested in becoming an Ambassador or just learning what it’s all about, go to your local lululemon and ask!  Make yourself known, let them know you want to be an Ambassador, then apply and who knows, you might see a picture of yourself on the lululemon wall soon.   A year ago, I had no idea what this program was, and now I can’t imagine not being a part of the lulu family!

PS2

, ,

22 Responses to Being a lululemon Ambassador

1. Andrea September 14, 2011 at 6:23 am #

That sounds like fun! I will be checking out their program.

2. Angela @ MyPinkyToes September 14, 2011 at 7:00 am #

This is awesome. I think there is a new store opening up (kind of) near me, and I think that’d be an awesome way to be a part of the community…AND become a bigger part of my running community! Thank you for sharing your experience!

3. The Runners Bug September 14, 2011 at 7:20 am #

I’ve never heard of lululemon. I’ll have to check it out.

4. Jessica September 14, 2011 at 7:21 am #

This is SO awesome, Aron! I have been reading your blog for a while and have been meaning to reach out for a long time. I am so inspired by you! I love lululemon and am really interested in the Ambassador program. I am a running coach and also a Pilates teacher and am just very passionate not only about the lululemon products but also about the company’s manifesto and just everything they stand for. I visited my local store last week and spoke with them a bit about the program and about ideas to start a run club with some Pilates thrown in. The store (Tysons) is in a big shopping mall so we have some unique challenges but customers shop there from a big area of northern VA and I think we can make something work! Anyway, I love hearing about your experiences with lululemon and with running, racing and training!

5. Celia September 14, 2011 at 7:47 am #

It sounds like it has been such a great and fun opportunity. I am obsessed with lululemon. Maybe I should look into becoming an ambassador too. I am not sure in nyc if it is super-competitive though…

6. Amy September 14, 2011 at 8:29 am #

I wish Sacramento had a Lululemon store :) I might have to come check out the Bay Area one. Looks amazing!

• Haute Running Mama September 14, 2011 at 8:48 am #

Amy, I grew up in Folsom and before I moved I always thought they would open one in the Roseville Galleria. Maybe the new Folsom mall will put one in? Fingers crossed!

7. XLMIC September 14, 2011 at 8:43 am #

It sounds so fun and interesting and engaged! I will be checking this out the :)What happens when your time’s up? Do they toss you aside like a n old paper towel?

8. Haute Running Mama September 14, 2011 at 8:46 am #

I wish our lulu had a run club. Both locations tried and were not successful. We talked to a few employees this past weekend while out on a run and a few of us may work with them to try to get it going again. I think they just didn’t do enough to get the word out…and that is where ambassadors come in! Maybe I need to apply (since my schedule is hectic enough)!

9. Bonnie September 14, 2011 at 9:20 am #

What a great post! Thanks for writing this…I’ve been curious about how I could perhaps become an ambassador and will pop over to my local store and ask some questions soon. Thanks Aron!

10. Melody September 14, 2011 at 9:23 am #

Congrats! I love all of your LuLu photos – so cute! It seems like a really cool program – I have a couple of friends in the DC area that are Ambassadors. Have fun!

11. marlene September 14, 2011 at 11:49 am #

So awesome and clearly a great fit for you two!

12. Mallory @ It's Only Life September 15, 2011 at 6:57 pm #

that’s awesome you were chosen! i have never bought anything from lululemon, but i hear there is one in westport,ct which is near me. i have heard it’s amazing but also seems a little pricey for me! perhaps i should put a gift card on my birthday wishlist! :)

13. Susan - Nurse on the Run September 17, 2011 at 3:51 am #

Definitely sounds like a great way to spread the running love. :)

14. thomassabosaleintheuk October 13, 2013 at 2:19 am #

I have noticed that over the course of making a relationship with real estate owners, you’ll be
    able to come to understand that, in every single real estate purchase, a percentage is paid.
    Finally, FSBO sellers do not “save” the percentage.
    Rather, they try to earn the commission through doing a good agent’s work.
    In the process, they commit their money along with time to
    complete, as best they will, the jobs of an broker.
    Those obligations include exposing the home via marketing, presenting the home to all buyers, developing a sense of buyer urgency in order
    to trigger an offer, preparing home inspections, controlling
    qualification checks with the loan provider, supervising fixes,
    and aiding the closing. http://www.damnedct.com/gungywamp-groton/,http://www.tiffanyandcooutlet2013.us

15. エド ハーディー ダウン 直営 October 31, 2013 at 8:15 am #

Hi, I do think this is an excellent blog. I stumbledupon it ;) I
    am going to revisit yet again since I book marked it.
    Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide others.

16. 香水 推薦 October 31, 2013 at 8:16 am #

I’ve been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of area .
    Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this
    site. Reading this info So i’m satisfied to express that I’ve a very excellent uncanny feeling I came upon
    just what I needed. I such a lot definitely will make certain to don?t omit this
    web site and give it a glance on a relentless basis.

17. カナダグース ジャケット 人気 November 1, 2013 at 4:38 am #

It is the best time to make a few plans for the longer
    term and it’s time to be happy. I have learn this publish and if I could I
    want to counsel you some attention-grabbing things or advice.

Perhaps you can write next articles relating to this
    article. I wish to learn more issues about it!

18. 最高級 パンプス December 5, 2013 at 10:13 am #

Does your site have a contact page? I’m having problems locating it but,
    I’d like to send you an e-mail. I’ve got some recommendations for your blog
    you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I
    look forward to seeing it develop over time.

19. Cali Boustani January 26, 2014 at 11:03 am #

Hi there- I’m a 12 year old half marathoner, biker, swimmer, volleyball addict, interested in learning more about your ambassador program in Walnut Creek, CA area. Please let me know how to find out more info and apply.

Thanks,
    Cali

20. 通販 パンプス May 23, 2014 at 9:16 pm #

Its like you learn my mind! You appear to know so much approximately this, such as you wrote the e-book in it
    or something. I think that you simply could do with some
    % to drive the message house a little bit, but instead of that, that
    is fantastic blog. A great read. I’ll definitely be back.

1. A Week in Review, Food Photos, and Links. - September 16, 2011