Friday Favorites

It’s been another pretty good week!

Post San Francisco Marathon running is coming around.  I was getting a little frustrated early in the week but after some self realizations, reading old posts and a pep talk from Jen I am feeling much better.  I am being patient and know I will be just fine come October 9th!  I will talk about that more in my weekly recap so be on the lookout.

So what has been so good about this week?

Getting to tweet this Monday morning was definitely a highlight.

Aug5

Dusting off my spin bike for the first time in forever for a living room spinning session with Chris!  I definitely need to do this more often.  Maybe my real bike will actually make an appearance sometime soon?

Aug6

Trying to do abs with this in my face.  How can you not smile?

Aug7

Having football on the TV last night!  This excites me for a couple reasons.

1. I LOVE football (specifically college) and can’t wait for football season to start!  We actually were considering cancelling cable for a while until we realized how close football season was.
  2. Football season means it’s fall.  Pre-season football means fall is close!  Fall and winter are my favorites!

Aug10

Drinking coffee Friday morning with sleeping pets on each couch.  Love.  Kylie was snoring and dreaming too – even better.

Aug8Aug9

I have some fun running plans for tomorrow morning and another relaxing non-event-filled weekend ahead.  The best kind of weekend if you ask me!

What are your favorites from this week?  Any fun weekend plans?

Happy Friday!!!

15 Responses to Friday Favorites

1. marlene August 12, 2011 at 8:37 am #

Good stuff all around – except maybe football. ;)

I can feel hints of fall in the air around here some mornings lately. LOVE – IT.

Tomorrow we’re going to the beach to ride & swim the tri courses for our race on September 10th. And hanging at the beach for a picnic, too. Yay!!

Have a great weekend!!

2. Nelly August 12, 2011 at 10:16 am #

I’m with you on football – I go to all the Stanford football games, and they have a legit shot at another BCS bowl game this year!

And I’m glad that pro football is back too, I love the 49ers, so I’m glad that they will be playing this year!

3. Alyssa August 12, 2011 at 10:32 am #

I love how your kitties are snuggling!!!

And yeah… I’m with Marlene. All good stuff, except maybe the football part.

4. Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef August 12, 2011 at 10:48 am #

congrats on the job! i didn’t get a chance to comment but that’s so exciting!

5. Haute Running Mama August 12, 2011 at 11:08 am #

Yessss! I am so ready for football and so ready for fall/winter!!! My favorite time of year :)

Bring on college ball. T-E-X-A-S….TEXAS FIGHT!

6. Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled August 12, 2011 at 11:23 am #

Congratulations on the new job! It’s always great to move on to new opportunities.

I’m going camping for the first time this weekend and am super nervous about it. I’m sure it will be fun, but I can’t help worrying about what I’m forgetting to pack!

7. stacy s August 12, 2011 at 11:45 am #

I think I like football because it reminds me of fall so much! School is starting just around the corner and the we have cooler temps in the 60′s… my favorite!

8. Holly August 12, 2011 at 12:35 pm #

AHHHHH, I LOVE football season (and I’m with you, especially college)!!! Hail Dear Ole’ State…. WOO HOO!!! I’m also excited my pro football loves will be here in Houston next weekend- WHO DAT!

I’m seriously ready for the cooler temps of fall although I’m resigned to the fact that it will be at least another 1.5 months before we get those. That’s ok, 1/2 IM training starts Monday so I will become one with the heat and humidity…

Happy Friday!!

9. lifestudent August 12, 2011 at 2:19 pm #

Sounds like a great week … a new job always brings the promise of hope. Its like starting life all over with one simple move ;)

10. Joanne August 12, 2011 at 3:08 pm #

The best thing about Fall and Winter is Football. But I’m a pros fan and don’t watch college ball much. I like it when we go to a game but on TV, it just doesn’t have the excitement that pro ball does – at least for me.
    As for your new job – CONGRATULATIONS! Can’t wait to hear how it goes and how diferent it is than what you were doing. People make such a difference to a job.

11. Susan - Nurse on the Run August 12, 2011 at 3:32 pm #

I was thinking about getting my own apartment and was thinking of ways to cut down on costs, and one of them was not having cable…..but then I remembered I would have been moving in September, and I don’t think I could go without cable during football season since that’s really all I watch in the fall! Now I just have to make sure my roommate doesn’t watch Keeping up with the Kardashians when the Bears are playing….gah!

12. Karyn August 12, 2011 at 4:25 pm #

definitely football! and ending my position at the clinic where i work. scary bc i don’t have anything lined up yet but it was a loooooooooooong year hahah

13. Lee August 13, 2011 at 6:59 am #

So exciting about your new job! Did they find you or did you see the job opening and apply? Just curious.

14. Kirsten August 13, 2011 at 4:26 pm #

Just found out today, my sis-in-law Carie got into the Nike marathon! She’s only going to do a half…but still, I’m super proud of her :)

1. PDX Training: 8 Weeks To Go | runner's rambles - August 16, 2011

[...] I mentioned on Friday, this week I struggled with a lot of tired runs and just an overall general fatigue.  Whenever [...]