WW: Summertime

I almost forgot it was Wednesday!

Kylie and Emma aren’t a big fan of these heat waves we keep having.  It’s just too hot to play outside and they would rather spend the day inside the air conditioned house (just like their mom!).

It’s too hot to be outside.
June 062 June 053

UNLESS…

July 064 July 041

July 117 July 107

July 193 July 137

Their favorite summer time toy finally comes out!  Then they don’t mind the hot weather so much.  I think I might start sitting in that thing if it doesn’t cool down soon.

Happy Wednesday!

17 Responses to WW: Summertime

1. Audrey July 6, 2011 at 8:21 pm #

Haha! You’re a good mom :)

2. Alyssa July 6, 2011 at 8:31 pm #

OMG I LOVE THEM

3. Ashley July 6, 2011 at 8:36 pm #

I’m with your dogs, I ain’t diggin’ our Southern CA heat/humidity wave either!

Also, I’ve long considered getting a kiddie pool to do my ice baths in. Or just to flop into after running in the heat!

4. Emz July 6, 2011 at 9:14 pm #

Cutest. Photos. Ever!!!!!!!!!

5. XLMIC July 6, 2011 at 9:27 pm #

It’s been hot on THIS side of the tunnel… I can only imagine what it’s like where YOU are! Keep those pups cool :)

6. Jesse July 6, 2011 at 9:34 pm #

LOVE THIS!!! Lucy, our puppy, has a pool too and we’ve filled it up for her the past two days. She loves to play in the water :)

And I totally hang out in there too when its really hot — here in Sac its been 100ish for the past couple of days!

7. Lisa July 7, 2011 at 5:32 am #

I shudder to think what my dogs would do in a pool like that…LOL

8. hurdlingham July 7, 2011 at 6:22 am #

puppies in a pool…it doesn’t get much cuter!! i used to work at a doggy daycare, and it was always funny to see which dogs would go NUTS over the baby pools and which ones were like “uh…water? no thank you!” your pups are such sweeties!

9. Carolina John July 7, 2011 at 6:49 am #

Kiddie pools rule!

10. Lauren July 7, 2011 at 7:36 am #

haha love it!! I would be tempted to join them if I were you.

It’s funny – I have a boxer who can’t really swim (they are too dense and sink like stones!) He used to be afraid of water, but last summer I worked with him and got him to at least tolerate it. Then last weekend we brought him to my parent’s lake and suddenly he morphed into a water dog! He kept jumping right in and splashing around (even though he still can’t swim and looks so awkward in there haha). I guess the heat has been getting to him! Makes me think I should also invest in a little kiddie pool.

11. the dawn July 7, 2011 at 8:11 am #

ugh. it has been hotter than hot here too! i totally need to get one of those pools, although i’m pretty sure i would NOT look as cute as those two do :)

12. marlene July 7, 2011 at 8:25 am #

Ahhh so fun! What a great idea to keep the pups happy & cool!

13. katie July 7, 2011 at 8:49 am #

haha, omg, i’m going to target to buy a pool for our pups right now.

14. Jill Will Run July 7, 2011 at 11:05 am #

Jade might need a kiddie pool… it’s hard to coax her outside even for a bathroom break now. She’ll scratch at the door, we open it, she feels the heat and then she recoils! Poor baby.

15. Melissa July 7, 2011 at 12:16 pm #

Your pups are adorable!!We had one of these for our dogs too! Now, we got a new one for our baby and it’s next to impossible to train the dogs to stay out of it! Our pups hate the heat, so they have to stay inside all day which makes me crazy!! It’s better than wiping snow off them I guess….

16. Holly July 7, 2011 at 2:30 pm #

i love their pics on the couch- too adorable! my dog is the same way, he likes to go outside and lay in the sun but only lasts about 2 minutes right now before heading back to the cool a/c and tile floor inside. thankfully he has a doggie door so he can let himself in and out whenever he wants :) i wonder what luke (my dog) would do with the kiddie pool- he wants nothing to do with our real pool, but maybe that’s more his size… :)

17. Rene (@runrenerun) July 8, 2011 at 6:09 am #