WW: Taking Over

It’s Wednesday!

Lately I have noticed a certain someone named Bailey who has moved from her normal sleeping spot on her cat bed…

B01

…to a new spot on the dog bed, taking over someone else’s spot.

B02

Emma has noticed too.

B03

Kylie also noticed but is nice enough to share with her sister, even if it was only for a few minutes.

B05

I have been asked a lot if the dogs and cats get along and the answer is yes!  We had the cats long before the dogs and when we brought home the puppies they were actually smaller than the cats.  It took some getting used to, but my dogs have just grown up with the cats and don’t know any different.  It’s not always perfect, but for the most part they all love each other.

B06B04

Side note: You might have noticed I haven’t ran with the pups in a couple weeks and that is true.  Emma hurt her leg a couple weeks ago doing speed work after a tennis ball playing too hard and has since been limping on it after she plays.  We have a doctor appointment for her on Friday and I am really hoping it’s nothing too serious, but don’t want to run with her until I know she is ok.  I’m nervous, so any good thoughts for her would be appreciated!

, ,

14 Responses to WW: Taking Over

1. shelby June 29, 2011 at 11:14 am #

OMG, I want to scratch that soft furry chest in that first pic!

Your kitty has attitude. I like it.

2. Jen June 29, 2011 at 11:24 am #

Aww, I am so sorry to hear about Emma’s leg :( Nati hurt his leg back in December and it was months before he could resume his regular activity level. I hope it’s nothing!

And I kind of love that the cat bosses around the dogs!

3. Lizzy @ runbakerace June 29, 2011 at 11:31 am #

I love how cats boss the dogs around! We had a cat that was a kitten with our dog. When the dog passed she was just as upset as everyone else. It’s amazing how they get along!

4. Jackie June 29, 2011 at 11:34 am #

Is it her front or back leg? Poor puppy. Rosemary hurt her leg last year and I was worried as one of my beagles had torn her ACL and my parent’s dog has hip issues. Lots of moola later we learned that her hips and knees are healthy! But as she lives to run, I was really worried about an injury. Good thoughts heading Emma’s way!

5. Holly {our interestingly boring life} June 29, 2011 at 11:42 am #

Our cat mist definitely rules the roost, putting the puppy in his place on a regular basis, much to mine and the hubs enjoyment. Animals definitely provide more entertainment than the tv most of the time!

6. Jesse June 29, 2011 at 11:50 am #

thankfully our puppy gets along well with our kitties too. poor emma! i hope she is feeling better soon. we have been dealing with sick kitties for a couple of weeks, its hard with animals because they can’t tell you whats wrong! i hope you get some answers at her appt.

7. Jill Will Run June 29, 2011 at 12:27 pm #

I’m sending positive vibes your way… I know how much the fur babies can cause worry!

8. marlene June 29, 2011 at 12:30 pm #

The little kitty looks so tiny on the biog dog bed!

I hope Emma feels better soon and that it’s nothing serious. It must be so hard not being able to ask her what’s wrong. :(

9. amanda@runninghood June 29, 2011 at 3:04 pm #

Awww, this kind of makes me want some pets. So sweet. And hope your sweet Emma is better soon.

10. Rachel June 29, 2011 at 10:35 pm #

ahhh they all look so cute together! i’ll be sending positive vibes emma’s way, hopefully she’s back to running and playing soon!

11. Denise June 30, 2011 at 7:13 am #

i think the bed really belongs to bailey and she just shares it w/ the dogs. :-)

12. Laura July 1, 2011 at 3:55 am #

I so miss having a dog but we certainly get a lot of amusement and joy from our nutty cats.

13. RoadBunner July 1, 2011 at 3:05 pm #

I love the photo of Kylie and Bailey :) I prescribe Emma some RICE treatment and foam rolling every night with her mother :) I hope the vet visit went well.

1. Friday Favorites | runner's rambles - July 8, 2011

[...] can catching BOTH the cats taking over the dogs beds not make a favorite list?  Watch out Kylie and [...]