Things I Love About Today

It’s Saturday, which I of course always love, but I am loving lots of things about this one.

Waking up to run is always so much better than waking up to go to work, even my alarm says so.  Plus it wasn’t until 7am!  After a couple mornings of 5am, 7am was a nice treat.

photo

It’s raining – in June!  I think summer got lost, which makes me so happy!  I will continue to enjoy the cooler temps as long as I can.  P.S., this is not normal for us in June.

June 031

I got to meet up with the fabulous Kerry at my favorite trail for a run this morning where we chatted non-stop.  We even hung out for a while after in the rain talking, we just had a lot to say I guess.

June 033a

I got to enjoy my post run breakfast very slowly while watching TV.  For some reason, being able to eat my breakfast and drink coffee over an extended period of time makes it so much better.  I am obsessed with oatmeal and it always tastes better on Saturday.

June 038

My BFF is visiting Boston this weekend and she texted me this picture with “thinking of you!”  I admit my eyes welled up a little.

june 034

Someone sneaked her way onto the bed when I wasn’t looking and I caught her!  Because you know she is never ever allowed on the bed {sarcasm}.  I love when I catch the dogs and cats laying semi-together.

June 050

Another reason I love rainy days is it’s a great excuse to spend the day relaxing while watching the Prefontaine Classic of course.  I should be nice and relaxed for tomorrow’s half marathon!

June 058

What are you loving about today?

, ,

15 Responses to Things I Love About Today

1. Nicki June 4, 2011 at 2:44 pm #

What kind of oatmeal is that?!? It looks so good! ;)

• Aron June 4, 2011 at 4:14 pm #

My standar: Regular oatmeal + tons of granola + lots of cinnamon!

2. Marlene June 4, 2011 at 2:53 pm #

What a great day! I love your little icons with your alarms. :)

Leisurely tea + breakfast are my favorite things about Saturday!

3. Kamaile June 4, 2011 at 2:59 pm #

I love the weekend!! Being able to eat a leisurely breakfast and drink coffee without rushing. I love having the choice to run longer if I feel good without thinking about how long it will take me to get ready for work. The best is taking an afternoon nap, I get the BEST sleep!!

4. Kristen June 4, 2011 at 4:21 pm #

Good luck tomorrow! Sounds like a great day :)

5. Amanda June 4, 2011 at 4:51 pm #

What I loved about today was enjoying a sunny, moderately temperature morning; bike rides on the river trail; new X Men movie; reading blogs in the evening hours when it’s a little too hot and muggy to be outside.

6. Corey @ the runners cookie June 4, 2011 at 5:04 pm #

Saturdays like that are the best! I love being able to sleep a little bit later than usual, actually eat my breakfast slowly with coffee, and just relax. So sweet that your friend send you a picture of the finish line :)

7. ellen June 4, 2011 at 6:39 pm #

today i’m loving the weather here in nyc. it’s pretty much perfect – and ideal for running!

8. faye June 4, 2011 at 7:23 pm #

I love rainy season too!! Where was that trail you ran that is your favorite???

9. stoppingfordaisies June 4, 2011 at 8:24 pm #

Gah you’re so good… waking up so early for a run. Wishing it were raining over here. I actually had to wake up early for work today but I had so much fun that I love it!

10. Kerry June 4, 2011 at 9:25 pm #

The rain did not deter us from continuing to chat it up! Love it! Good Luck tomorrow!

11. Page June 4, 2011 at 9:44 pm #

Good luck tomorrow! I hope it rains for you ;)

12. Kelly June 5, 2011 at 8:21 am #

I couldn’t get over how chilly it was there last week! But I have to admit, I kind of loved it too. Good luck today!!

13. RunningLaur June 5, 2011 at 6:53 pm #

haha, it made me actually laugh out loud to see the thumbs down next to work. :)

14. Jill Will Run June 5, 2011 at 9:48 pm #

I want thumbs down icons next to my alarm for work!! :-) I also want to sleep in until 7:00 AM!