June

We are half way through 2011!  How on earth did that happen?  Weren’t we just celebrating New Years yesterday?

June turned out to be a pretty good month for me after all.  It started off with some struggling while trying to find my running groove again, but finished with a couple great weeks that I am happy with and my groove found!

I tweaked my marathon training plan based on Run Faster by Hudson and so far am loving it!

June 521

I found my new favorite running shorts!!!

June 142a

The weather was insane this month.  Rain, HOT, HOT, Rain.

June 033aphoto

I celebrated being married to Chris for SIX years!

June 537b

Kristin and I were asked to be a Run Ambassador for the lululemon Walnut Creek store.  Of course we said yes!

247913_10150211497296992_70418236991_7727811_5445444_n255014_10150211497841992_70418236991_7727813_6272472_n

I ran my 19th half marathon!

SJR1

I took a million pictures of the dogs who had 2 weekends of visitors this month with Bella and Bentley!

June 380 June 681aJune 568 June 062

I had some awesome runs in San Francisco with some great friends.

DSCN0583 SFM1 SFMT 069 SFMT 072

I organized the biggest Bay Area Running Blogger meet up yet!

DSCN0609a

In total I ran 239.9 miles in June!

Definitely a successful month if you ask me.

And since we are half way through the year, why not check in with total miles?  Half way through 2011 I am at 1,253.7 miles which is 139 more than I had at this time last year.

How was your June?

We are now entering into the 3rd quarter of the year, also known as my least favorite.  July, August and September – gah.  I am going to maintain my looking on the bright side attitude and suck it up and not whine.  That is the goal anyways!  Just means the next season is a good one right?

, , , , , ,

13 Responses to June

1. Marlene June 30, 2011 at 5:31 pm #

Awesome month! Here’s hoping the next 3 are not too harsh with the weather. :S

Have a great weekend!!!!!

2. Kelly June 30, 2011 at 5:39 pm #

congrats on a great month! I can’t believe June is over either!! So crazy. My June was decent, but I’m looking forward to July and starting marathon training – woohoo!

3. Michelle June 30, 2011 at 7:33 pm #

The next season IS going to be a great one! I can’t believe it’s been so hot for you guys — does it usually get in the 100s??

I’m so ready for this summer to be over — although I can’t believe it’s already July!

4. Jen June 30, 2011 at 9:41 pm #

So many miles!! A very big month for you all around. I can’t believe it’s July already… crazy. Keep up the great training Aron! :)

5. J July 1, 2011 at 4:39 am #

Awesome month of mileage! i am not excited for the hot temps that are coming, but I know I need to enjoy them because before I know it, it will be cold and snowy here again.

6. kristen July 1, 2011 at 6:42 am #

Great description of the blogger community a few days ago. It is very hard to explain to people isn’t it.

Good month for you!

7. Morgan July 1, 2011 at 7:40 am #

Another great month and congrats again on the Lululemon ambassador gig!!!

8. Sarah July 1, 2011 at 9:23 am #

You racked up some serious milage! So awesome! My june was pretty great, I got stuck in a running rut for awhile but think I’m on my way to finding my groove back!

9. Beth @ Boston2Berkeley July 1, 2011 at 11:35 am #

I seriously cannot believe it’s July already! I try to think of the summer heat as just another form of training. I swear I get used to running in the crazy hot temperatures, and then when it cools down again in the fall, I think I’m that much more efficient. at least that’s what I tell myself! :)

10. Corey @ runner's cookie July 1, 2011 at 12:43 pm #

What a big month for you!! (Running and otherwise!) Definitely a lot of exciting things in there…I think it sets you up for an awesome summer :)
    One thing I love about blogging is the way it lets me look back and remember all of the fun/exciting things that have happened and the journey that I’ve gone on with running, grad school applications, or just life in general.
    Hope you have a fabulous 4th of July, Aron!

11. Shannon July 1, 2011 at 3:28 pm #

Sounds like a great month! This is my favorite time of year so I am really going to enjoy this beautiful weather

12. Kristen (inspiredbydooce) July 2, 2011 at 6:07 am #

I’m sort of dreading the next three months of training but since I have an end of September race to do, I just need to suck it up and run. Let’s hope the weather is kind to us both!

13. Jayme @ Runner-n-Spice July 2, 2011 at 6:29 am #

Wow! Impressive month!!

Congrats on your 19th Marathon!