Flashback Friday: Chris & Aron

June 17th, 2004 – 7 years ago today…

Chris and I were in South Lake Tahoe on vacation for the week after we from graduated college and before we moved up to the Bay to join the real world.

758491880205 852277737305

Andddd we just happened to decide we wanted to get married.  That weekend.  We looked at rings, found a wedding planner, scoped out ceremony locations and I tried on dresses.  We called my parents who were ready to drive up to Tahoe that weekend to be there for our wedding, but after speaking to my dad on the phone (who is a man of few words), I decided that I wanted a real wedding.  I wanted to be a bride-to-be, I wanted to have showers and I wanted to try on wedding dresses with my mom there!

So instead of getting married that weekend, we decided to get engaged instead!  As we waited to bored a boat for a lake dinner cruise, Chris asked me to marry him.  Even though I knew it was coming and had picked out the ring, it was still one of the happiest moments of my life.

7 years ago today I said YES!

303567737305 815167737305

June 17th, 2005 – 6 years ago today…

We were back in South Lake Tahoe, only this time it was the day before our wedding!

There was a rehearsal dinner.

685453425205tahoe1

And a late night of flower arranging (yes I did all my own flowers!).

330283425205BGCAV3QLZF

Then I tried to get some sleep the night before the big day.

I bet you can guess what tomorrow is!

Happy Friday!

, , ,

29 Responses to Flashback Friday: Chris & Aron

1. Kristen (inspiredbydooce) June 17, 2011 at 7:23 am #

aw- happy anniversary weekend! congratulations to you both :)

2. Melody June 17, 2011 at 7:23 am #

I love this!!! Happy 6th wedding anniversary! July 3 is my 1st wedding anniversary – it went by SO fast! Enjoy your special weekend! :)

3. Jen June 17, 2011 at 7:24 am #

Aww happy engagement anniversary and almost wedding anniversary! Ours is next week :)

What a funny story! So are you glad you waited the year and had a real wedding?

4. Kamaile June 17, 2011 at 7:39 am #

Very sweet, enjoy your weekend! :-)

5. Lisa June 17, 2011 at 7:43 am #

Happy Anniversary!! What a neat engagement story.

You know, once you guys have kids, your anniversary will always fall on or near Father’s Day weekend. That might be kind of cool!

Have a great weekend!

6. Amanda June 17, 2011 at 7:43 am #

Happy Anniversary! I also knew when my engagement was coming and had picked out the ring, but the location it was in was a surprise to me and very sweet to the memories my hubby and I had together. Congrats on 6 years of marriage. :)

7. Corey @ the runners cookie June 17, 2011 at 7:51 am #

So sweet!! It’s fun to hear about other people’s stories and how they fell in love / got engaged :) Must be fun to look back on those pictures and remember such a special weekend.

8. Amber from Girl with the Red Hair June 17, 2011 at 7:55 am #

Awww I love that you were able to get married a year after you got engaged. I also LOVE your engagement story! That is seriously so great! Eloping has been a HUGE consideration for us but when it comes right down to it I know I want a wedding, too.

I would LOVE if you posted more about your wedding. I’m kind of obsessed with all things wedding right now :)

Oh, and Happy Anniversary weekend!! XO

9. Xaarlin June 17, 2011 at 7:55 am #

Happy anniversary! Tahoe is so beautiful.

10. Kim June 17, 2011 at 7:57 am #

Yay!!! Happy engagement and wedding anniversary to you and Chris!!! I always remember your wedding anniversary because it’s a special date for me too! :) I hope you guys have great plans to celebrate tomorrow!!!

11. katie June 17, 2011 at 7:58 am #

you’re so cute! happy anniversary!

12. Kristy@RunTheLongRoad June 17, 2011 at 8:14 am #

Happy Anniversary (one day early!) :)

13. The Green Girl June 17, 2011 at 8:16 am #

Aw, happy anniversary, girl!

14. michele June 17, 2011 at 8:27 am #

How sweet!! I did love being a bride to be.

15. Abby @ Have Dental Floss, Will Travel June 17, 2011 at 9:09 am #

I love the almost-impulsivity. Happy anniversary :)

16. skinnyrunner June 17, 2011 at 9:10 am #

awh, love this post. happy 7 yr anniversary to being engaged!

17. Alisa June 17, 2011 at 9:11 am #

I did my own flowers too, it really wasn’t that hard!

Isn’t it fun to look back at these memories?!?!

18. shelby June 17, 2011 at 9:46 am #

Happy almost-anniversary! Lake Tahoe is gorgeous, you couldn’t have picked a better location.

Have fun celebrating!

19. marlene June 17, 2011 at 9:51 am #

That is such a fun and sweet story. :) Happy day-before-your-anniversary! :) Love the flashback pics!!

20. Michelle June 17, 2011 at 10:18 am #

Awww! So sweet!!! Happy anniversary (Well, tomorrow) — here’s to MANY more years of happiness :)

21. Katie @ Healthy Heddleston June 17, 2011 at 12:05 pm #

Aww have a fun anniversary!!!

22. Shut Up and Run June 17, 2011 at 12:18 pm #

Wow! We were married 16 years ago today (6/17/95)! Happy anniversary!

23. Nicole June 17, 2011 at 2:57 pm #

ahhhh i cant wait to see tomorrow’s post! :)

24. Demi June 17, 2011 at 5:19 pm #

What a sweet post! Happy Anniversary!

25. RoadBunner June 17, 2011 at 5:23 pm #

So sweet!! Happy almost anniversary!

26. Rachel June 17, 2011 at 5:41 pm #

happy almost anniversary! tahoe is definitely wedding worthy, great choice!

27. Jo Lynn June 19, 2011 at 1:41 pm #

I enjoyed the older photographs. You both have changed quite a bit in the last 7 years. ;)

28. onelittletrigirl June 22, 2011 at 7:39 am #

You two have such a lovely relationship!!

29. Kristen June 22, 2011 at 1:59 pm #

I totally had that white tank top!! :)

I love this story!! Kevin and I secretly thought about getting married in Vegas 5 months before our real wedding just to have “our little secret wedding” and not tell anyone but I knew if my family found out they would be really hurt.

I wish we could do it again – so much fun!