Wednesday Woofs

Yah I know it’s a little corny, but it works.  Kind of.

We all know I am obsessed in love with my dogs, so I thought it would be fun to post about them once a week.  Plus everyone seems to love pictures of Kylie and Emma, I mean how can you not?

I know I am a little biased, but they are pretty cute.

DSC_0229

Tonight I took Kylie and Emma on another run, 2 miles each and they did much better than last week!

Kylie was wiped out after.  It probably had something to do with the squirrel sprints we were doing.  Trying to control a 110+ pound dog who is already in forward motion and wants to get a squirrel is not the easiest task in the world.

May 816

Emma was tired at the end too, but once we got home and were hanging out in the backyard, she kept getting bursts of energy and sprinting around like a psycho.  You know when dogs get those bursts of energy and they run in circles really fast?  Pretty much the funniest thing ever.

May 845a May 846a May 847a May 850a

Then I was trying to take a picture of the awesome new Punk Rock Racing shirt for my post tomorrow and it seemed that Emma thought we were having another photo session and wanted to interrupt.

May 777a May 781a

Then she was finally tired and ready to rest.

May 842

And this is what the cats were doing while we were out running and playing.  Rough life.

photo

Are you as obsessed in love with your pets as I am?

, , , ,

29 Responses to Wednesday Woofs

1. Madison May 25, 2011 at 8:09 pm #

I am totally in love with my pup. To say that I am obsessed is putting it lightly. They are just amazing!

2. stoppingfordaisies May 25, 2011 at 8:29 pm #

They are definitely cute. And I love the squirrel sprints, that’s so cute! Love how your cats curl up together, they look so sweet!

3. Amy May 25, 2011 at 10:11 pm #

Haha, the dog running around like crazy is called orbiting I think. It’s hilarious and we get so excited when our dog does that :)

4. Tanya May 25, 2011 at 10:43 pm #

The pics of your dog running in circles are hilarious!

Trying to take my dog (a golden retriever) for a run is like trying to take a race horse for a run. He’s fine as long as we walk, but if I try running with him, he gets all excited and starts galloping – it’s amazing he hasn’t pulled my arm out of socket!

5. Freya May 26, 2011 at 2:06 am #

Gorgeous!
    Oh I am SO obsessed with my horse and cats! I had Horsey Humpday running for a long time, and cat photos just appear..everywhere…
    My horse is my best friend though :)

6. Beth May 26, 2011 at 4:02 am #

They really are super cute! Having dogs that can run with you must be so fun!!

7. Sonja May 26, 2011 at 4:58 am #

Love this post, so cute! And yes, I am just as in love with my doggies as you are. In fact, I have sunk to a new low… our bank allows you to use a personal picture as the background on your debit card… any guesses what I chose? Yes, a cute pic of my girls swimming in the reservoir! I love it, and I always get comments about it!

8. Sarah May 26, 2011 at 5:00 am #

I have always loved my pets so much! Deflty an animal lover. Right now I only have a fish cuz I live in nyc and my apt is just too small for a pup but I love my fish. His name is Beef! I used to have 2 (stew) but he recently passed.

But Beef is great and Scott and I love him!

• Zoe May 26, 2011 at 9:28 pm #

Beef and Stew??? That’s such a cute name combo! :)

9. Michelle May 26, 2011 at 5:35 am #

I’m horribly upset that I can’t have a dog in my current situation. I just wouldn’t have the time to take one out for a walk as frequently as I’d want, and that isn’t fair to an animal. I’m hoping that I can adopt sometime in the next few years. I’d love a big dog like your Kylie.
    Since I can’t have a pup, I dote on my parent’s 6 month old as much as I can. Sweetest, softest thing ever! We named him Mardi since we adopted him from friends while down at Mardi Gras, my parents are very original in their naming.

10. Jen May 26, 2011 at 6:12 am #

your dogs are adorable! and yes, i’m obsessed with my pet too! Wait till next month when it’s Dinah’s birthday. holy pic post! my cat gets bursts of energy like your dog and tears through the house. It’s hilarious. she’ll run from the furthest point in the basement, up two flights of stairs, and then back down, “attacking” curtains, carpet edges, dust bunnies, and occasionally the dog along the way. Hilarious!

11. amy May 26, 2011 at 6:44 am #

Yes! Completely obsessed. Yesterday I even wrote something to them on twitter. Yes, it was a joke, but still.

As for the psycho circles, our pups do that in the bedroom making a pass under the bed with each loop. It’s ridiculous!

12. Lauren May 26, 2011 at 7:03 am #

Yes I am…and I’m obsessed with yours too! I love this new feature :)

And I crack up every time Koli gets those bursts of energy and sprints around like a madman. He looks insane and I love it.

13. Wendi Matt May 26, 2011 at 7:19 am #

the pics of your doggy running in a circle made me laugh out loud. Our neighbor has a dog and he does that and it’s my favorite. I LOVE WHEN DOGS GET THAT EXCITED!

I have a cat and i love him. I started him a page on Catbook and he has lots of kitty friends. The people at work think I’m crazy.

14. marlene May 26, 2011 at 7:24 am #

Ohmigosh, Emma is hilarious!!! Cute puppy pics. :)

15. Jackie May 26, 2011 at 7:49 am #

My dog rules the house–even my kids! We had two beagles (Basil and Thyme) and they were the quirkiest and funniest dogs. We switched gears and now have a German Shorthaired Pointer named Rosemary. She can go for an 8-mile run, come back home and switch to sprints–around and around the yard, around and around the basement. And then she collapses. Hot stinky dogs are the best!

16. Brie @ Brie Fit May 26, 2011 at 8:02 am #

Hi Aron!

As a fellow animal-lover…would you mind sharing this link with your readers? http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wedding/9NXFU5BUZCLK

I’ve organized a registry on Amazon benefiting the Joplin, Missouri Humane Society who is currently handling hundreds of dogs and cats who lost their owners in the tornado a few days ago. I’m calling it the Blogs for Dogs Registry! We’ve already sent over $4,000 in supplies. You can visit my blog to read more.

• Aron May 26, 2011 at 8:30 am #

Just donated, posted on facebook and tweeted. I will get it on tomorrow’s blog post too – thanks for letting me know!

17. Amy May 26, 2011 at 8:26 am #

OMG yes. I’m obsessed with my kitties. I don’t know why but I think cats are hilarious and mine provide me with endless entertainment!

18. LeeAnn May 26, 2011 at 8:58 am #

Totally!! My Vizsla Jasper is the love of my life…and the best running partner ever…14 miles-no big deal to him…he wants more!!

19. Jen May 26, 2011 at 11:44 am #

I LOVE the idea of Wednesday Woofs! I often check out certain blogs just for dog pictures! Your babies are too precious!

I’m incredibly in love with my dog, it is borderline psycho. I tear up a few times a day just thinking about how much I love him. Which is really sad because it’s not like I’m missing him (I work from home). Dogs are just the absolute best creatures :)

20. Rachel May 26, 2011 at 12:01 pm #

haha i love when dogs do that crazy circle sprinting! SO FUNNY.

21. Emily May 26, 2011 at 12:13 pm #

i love your pets! i had to leave my two kitties in vermont with my parents and i fall all over them with love every time I’m home! And have my mom send me oodles of pictures and let me say things to them on the phone. weird? i dont think so…

22. sherijung May 26, 2011 at 12:28 pm #

Squirrel!!

I’d like to add some Kylie love–my last dog was a rottie mix, she was the sweetest thing. I didn’t run then, but I don’t think she would have been a fan. Definitely a lower energy dog, good for my couch potato days.

23. Jennifer May 26, 2011 at 12:31 pm #

I’m also obsessed with my dog as well. Your dogs are super cute and I love the Wednesday Woofs! We call the running in circles the puppy crazies. Even though our dog is no longer a puppy at 3 he still does it from time to time.

24. Jill Will Run May 26, 2011 at 5:07 pm #

Absolutely! My little Jade The Boxer is awesome. I think I take at least one photo of her every day!

25. Alyssa May 26, 2011 at 8:13 pm #

Yes! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my little cat, Chachi!!! LOVE HIM! He’s my world… so I totally get the pet obsession. :) :) And your dogs look like total smiley riots — I hope to meet them someday!! :)

26. Zoe May 26, 2011 at 9:31 pm #

Your puppies are so adorable. Those pics are fantastic! My kitty Murphy is one of my big loves. He’s like a dog, and definitely a part of the family. Now that we have baby Goober, Murphy acts like a jealous toddler…so it’s good practice for a second kid. ;)

27. Christine May 28, 2011 at 4:36 am #