Taking Advantage

Yesterday I took advantage of the East Bay packet pick up location for the See Jane Run half marathon I have coming up this week.  I love love love that they offer early packet pick ups in different locations so you can pick what is convenient for you.

I also LOVE the purple shirt this year!
 May 1204 May 1203a

Yesterday afternoon we took advantage of having no plans and nice weather to take Kylie and Emma over to the park to play.

May 938a

Kylie and Emma took advantage of the big open fields of green grass to roll around on.

May 1109a May 1157

And so did I.

May 1160 May 1167

They also took advantage of the huge fields to run around in and wore themselves out!

May 1081 May 1198a

After not the best night of sleep, this morning I took advantage of not having to work today by not setting an alarm, sleeping in until almost 9am, then enjoying a cup of coffee without having anywhere to go.

Later we took advantage of Memorial Day sales and Chris planted some new flowers in our previously empty pots on the backyard.  A little bit of color makes the biggest difference.

May 1210 May 1211

This afternoon we took advantage of the holiday and had friends over for our first BBQ of the season!  It’s not a secret that spring and summer aren’t on the top of the list when it comes to my favorite seasons, but one thing I do love is being able to have friends over to cook outside, eat outside and just relax.

May 1249

Kylie and Emma were able to take advantage of Kristin coming over and bringing their favorite buddy Bentley.  More play time!

May 1237 May 1246a

I took advantage of being flexible with my training program and decided to make today my rest day which actually ends up working better with things I have going on this week anyways.

Moving training days one day to the right.
May 1251

I will now be taking advantage of the rest of the evening by relaxing and getting ready for another big week.  It’s always so nice to have a long weekend to recharge the batteries.

How did you take advantage of your {hopefully long} weekend?

Coming up this week: answers to more of your questions, the winner of the 700th post giveaway and lots of running of course!

13 Responses to Taking Advantage

1. stoppingfordaisies May 30, 2011 at 8:03 pm #

The See Jane Run half marathon is coming near me… well, 3 hours away from me. Maybe I should do the 5k… I don’t think I’ll ever get to run a half marathon. Loving that purple shirt.

Sounds like a nice way to spend the weekend!

2. Lauren @ Sassy Molassy May 30, 2011 at 8:44 pm #

That race shirt looks super cute! I definitely love a good reason to BBQ. We didn’t have much sun today, but we took advantage of what we got. Made black bean burgers and sweet potato fries for dinner while the rain came down outside.

3. See Jane Run May 30, 2011 at 9:42 pm #

Happy that you love the 2011 race shirt! See you Sunday!

4. Nancy May 31, 2011 at 4:33 am #

I spent the weekend soaking in the finally warm temps and sun! I LOVE long weekends!!!

5. marlene May 31, 2011 at 5:10 am #

Sounds like the perfect way to spend your holiday. Sadly, not a long weekend for us. Boo. This is my first full work week in almost a month and it suuuucks.

6. katie May 31, 2011 at 6:46 am #

puppy pictures make me happy! we spent most of our weekend traveling. oooh boy.

7. Katherine @ Neon Blonde Runner May 31, 2011 at 8:13 am #

Any sort of marathon with that has the word champagne in the title/slogan sounds awesome to me.

I’m out in Santa Fe for the week and Durango, Colorado for the weekend. Good times! I usually live in Virginia so it’s been great to see some gorgeous scenery. I did a 5K this weekend in Santa Fe, good times, but TOUGH running at altitude (1.4 miles above sea level…)

8. Angela @ MyPinkyToes May 31, 2011 at 8:21 am #

I love that race t-shirt…I wish there was one of those races near where I lived!
    I run for chocolate and champagne…yes indeed!!!

9. Denise May 31, 2011 at 8:47 am #

sounds like a fun wknd!! but seeing you in that jacket…ugh, it was all we could do to keep clothes on this wknd it was so hot and humid. boston jacket will be hanging in the closet until the fall…

10. Kelly May 31, 2011 at 10:34 am #

Yes! I took advantage by spending some time in SF! I am so in love with your city, it is bananas. If I had more time here I would love to run with you! Next time. There will definitely be a next time. Glad you had such a great weekend!

11. Stephanie May 31, 2011 at 10:53 am #

The dogs are too cute! Good luck next weekend! Right now days off for me are working on e new house…

12. Audrey June 3, 2011 at 12:10 pm #

Did you try on the See Jane Run shirt yet? For some reason, I feel like it looks like satin jammies :P But it’s cute though!

1. SFM Training: Week 4 | runner's rambles - June 6, 2011

[...] decided to make Monday my rest day and took advantage of the Memorial Day Holiday by relaxing and having some friends [...]