Not Unpacking

This is the first weekend in many weekends that I am not returning home with a suitcase to unpack and I haven’t been sitting in the car or on a plane for any extended amount of time.  It’s wonderful.

These past couple months have been non-stop.  From driving to my parents to drop the dogs off before Boston.

iPhone4 1391

To going to and from Boston.

2011 Boston Marathon 013 2011 Boston Marathon 293

To picking the dogs back up after Boston.

May 293 May 297

To going to Monterey for the Big Sur Marathon.

DSCN0466 DSCN0468

To going back to my parents for a multitude of reasons.

May 223 May 022

It’s been a busy couple of months!  I am so glad to finally be home and to be able to say my suitcase is officially unpacked for a while.

2011 Boston Marathon 298

That didn’t mean that this weekend wasn’t jam packed with activities, because it sure was.  Running, going to a baby shower, dinners with friends, and possibly a couple games of beer pong have left me pretty exhausted, and the weekend isn’t even over yet!

April 133

But don’t worry, I did get in a tiny bit of relaxing even if it involved a 110 pound Rottweiler laying on my lap.

blog 139

This is definitely one of those weekends where I need a weekend from my weekend.

Next up… my recap the first week of San Francisco Marathon training, because yes I am back in marathon training

How was your weekend?

, ,

6 Responses to Not Unpacking

1. stoppingfordaisies May 15, 2011 at 5:27 pm #

Sounds like you’ve been super busy, I’m glad you were able to rest and enjoy yourself this weekend!

2. nicole May 15, 2011 at 5:47 pm #

My weekend was great! I ran another marathon! :-)

3. Karyn May 15, 2011 at 6:30 pm #

my weekend was all about recovering and laying low. but how exciting that you are back in training!

4. Michelle May 15, 2011 at 7:51 pm #

I had a great fun run with BOTH my kids this weekend! But, I’m toying with “what to do next”. Reading blogs about long training runs and crossing that finish line is SO tempting! I want that feeling!!! Don’t get me wrong, I have LOVED going on 5 mile runs, having a glass of wine at night and sleeping in. But, geesh, I’m addicted to the high you get from training!
    Tonight, my husband and I were sitting outside talking and he was telling me that he loved that I ran. He continued on to say that I was pretty addicted to it. And then, asked me, do you ever run to get away from us? My brain was screaming, “duh!” but my heart told him, “Oh, sometimes honey, but it’s just for me.” After 6 years of running and 3 years of training for marathons, you would think he would know!

5. Rachel May 15, 2011 at 8:27 pm #

although i love traveling, there’s nothing like the feeling you get when you get back home : ) i spent my weekend in your neck of the woods running bay to breakers!

6. katie May 16, 2011 at 9:37 am #

i’m such a sucker for puppy pics! aww.