Friday Favorites & What Do You Want to Know?

I don’t know about you, but I am SO GLAD that it’s Friday!  The weekend is so close and guess what – I have no plans!  Well besides running of course.  I am very much looking forward to a weekend of catching up, of running then sitting around in my running clothes, and of napping most likely.

Favorites of the week!

The Relay Runner sent me a hoodie that I am now obsessed with.  I don’t have any zip up sweatshirts like this that I will actually wear out of the house (they are all old from college) so this thing is going to get a TON of use.  It’s super comfortable, plus it says RUN!  I mean it’s pretty much perfect.

May 611a

Seeing Chris come home from work fully uniformed (prior to this week he was still “in training”) and seeing his drastic mood improvement since starting his new job.  He wouldn’t let me take a full on picture, but I did sneak this one.  I will get more!

May 625

Photo shoots with Kylie and Emma of course.  We had fun!

May 568a

I love Blue Moon seasonal beer and I got my hands on the summer one for the first time!  It’s my favorite one of them all, and I know what I will be having first thing when I get home from work today.  Anyone with me?

May 619

The fact that Kylie was still this tired on Thursday morning after our run on Wednesday evening.

May 626

What do you want to know?

It’s been a while since I have done a question and answer post, so I thought it was about time to do one!  So I am opening this post up for questions…

What do you want to know?

Leave a comment or email me at runnersrambles@gmail.com with any questions you might have about whatever you want and I will do a post soon answering.

Happy Friday friends!!!

What are you up to this weekend?

, , , , ,

25 Responses to Friday Favorites & What Do You Want to Know?

1. Wymberley May 20, 2011 at 8:57 am #

I want to know where to get that hoodie!

2. Marlene May 20, 2011 at 9:00 am #

Oh I love that hoodie!!!

I am not a beer girl, but I have wine chilling in the fridge. Not that this is different from any other day this week. ;)

FRIIIIIIIIIIIIDAYYYYYYYYY!

• Aron May 20, 2011 at 9:09 am #

I like wine too ;) lol – virtual cheers tonight!

3. The Green Girl May 20, 2011 at 9:06 am #

Happy Friday!

That hoodie rocks.

4. Matt May 20, 2011 at 9:12 am #

I just have to concur…so glad it’s Friday!

5. Xaarlin May 20, 2011 at 9:15 am #

Love the hoodie! And the beer sounds good.

I am excited to go to the kick off meeting for Chicago marathon training with Chicago endurance sports on Sunday. Chicago marathon will be marathon #4 for me, but first training with a group. I’m really exited to hear Carey Pinkowski- the race director- speak at the meeting.

I am wondering what your goals are for the marathon. Do you plan to qualify and run Boston again? Take it easy and have fun in the races, or improve and not do Boston?

Love your blog!

6. Carolina John May 20, 2011 at 9:17 am #

I love summer beers. Just having that extra lemon edge in an otherwise wheaty beer is a highlight of the season. Happy Friday Aron!

7. Angela @ MyPinkyToes May 20, 2011 at 9:20 am #

I love that hood! SO cute!
    I never really drank beer…that is until I had a Landshark…now I just love having one with a slice of lime! Very summer-y!

8. Tabitha May 20, 2011 at 9:22 am #

Blue Moon’s summer beer is my fave too – I’m excited that it’s out already!

9. Alex May 20, 2011 at 9:39 am #

Hi Aron,

This is my first comment on your blog that I have been following for a while. I actually went back and started from the beginning. I don’t know you, but I already love you, your awesome husband, and dogs and cats!

I’m a semi-beginner runner and am training for my first marathon in October. I don’t have any running friends other than the people I meet at the running store training program. I do have a few questions that a veteran runner like you can help me with:

- Can you tell me a little bit more about losing your toe nails? For some months now, two of mine have become pretty much like blue stones, and I don’t know if they will fall off or just stay like that. What is your experience — do they hurt, when do they fall, how long before they grow back, and how do you hide the ugliness in the meantime?

- Without going into TMI, can you tell me a little bit more about bodyglide — how to use it, where, etc. I know — I’m pathetic!

- Can you say a little bit more what kind of exercises you do with the foam rollers and sticks?

As you can tell, I’m green. I’ve learned so much from your blog though and I love that you can basically follow your progression as a runner here!

Alex

10. Jo Lynn May 20, 2011 at 9:50 am #

Oh, Lord! <3

;)

11. Amy May 20, 2011 at 10:45 am #

I want to know … why do you think you fell in love with running? You went from 0 to marathon pretty much right away. What was it about running that grabbed you?

I’m glad your husband is enjoying his new job! :)

12. Courtney May 20, 2011 at 10:47 am #

I love seeing pictures of Kylie passed out like that – our Rottie sleeps the exact same way and it never fails to crack me up.

13. Freya May 20, 2011 at 11:06 am #

Oh I have one! It’s not really a very generic question, more advice I suppose…
    I’m training for my 2nd marathon (or will be from June/July), but before I booked it, I also signed up to do a half mary for charity. The half falls on the same weekend as my final 20miler would be – 3 weeks before. I’m thinking about doing a 20-21 the weekend BEFORE the half, then the 13, then another 20, then a 10 or so, then marathon. So it’d be more of a 2 week taper, rather than a 3. Do you think that’s wise?

I’ve heard some people say I should do my final long one 4 weeks before, but I’m very worried about my fitness dropping off, and I need all the confidence I can get! My recovery after my long runs on the last marathon were super, which gives me confidence. I also know the taper is meant to be about cutting down on the volume of training, so if I did do the 20 2 weeks before, but didn’t run as much in the week, do you think that’d be better / work?

Any advice from a 10 x marathoner and Boston-er would be appreciated!!

(OH, and the half marathon is a massive event, one of the biggest in England and in central London, so it would be near impossible to run another 7 before / after it!)

14. RoadBunner May 20, 2011 at 1:06 pm #

Love the hoodie!! Glad hubby loves his new job and he looks dapper in his uniform. So funny he wouldn’t let you take a photo.

15. RoseRunner May 20, 2011 at 1:48 pm #

Is it true!? Are you also an East Bay-er?! Either way, you have an amazing race history. What race was your fave? Did you love Eugene? I did Eugene this year and thought it was a near-perfect race.

here’s my other questions, which I’m too lazy to send via email so it’s gonna be a comment instead: how did you (and Page, if you know), become SF marathon ambassadors? I feel so out of the loop, as another bay area blogger and marathoner!

16. Jessica May 20, 2011 at 3:08 pm #

I plan to run my first half marathon in the fall. What are 3 things every newbie half marathoner should know?

17. Nelly May 20, 2011 at 3:26 pm #

One thing I always think about in terms of a question is:
    What is your greatest accomplishment?

Everyone is different, but personally I always waffle between doing a marathon, college graduation, or CPA.

And for you, marriage might be a possibility too, haha

18. Ariana May 21, 2011 at 7:00 am #

Hey Aron,
    I found your blog recently and have been absolutely hooked to reading everything you post! I was wondering how many hours of sleep you get a night? I am in high school and I get like 6.5ish a night which I know isn’t enough. Thanks.

19. stoppingfordaisies May 21, 2011 at 8:36 am #

That hoodie is so cute, I love it! I also wish it weren’t so hot here in Texas so I could wear one!

20. Laura May 22, 2011 at 2:43 pm #

I have a question! How tall are are you? Do you think height plays a role in running ability? I’m just curious…

21. Susan - Nurse on the Run May 24, 2011 at 5:23 am #

That sweatshirt is in my mailbox waiting for me to get home!! Sooooo excited. :)

1. Double Digits | runner's rambles - May 21, 2011

[...] forget to comment here or email me any questions you might [...]

2. I Answered, Part 1 | runner's rambles - May 25, 2011

[...] Last week I asked to see if anyone had any questions for me and I got some great ones!  In order to keep this post at a reasonable length, I broke the questions up over a couple posts.  This will be part 1! [...]