An Unplanned Run

I didn’t plan on running yesterday, but my evening meeting got cancelled and I was left home with a free evening!

Kylie and Emma were just hanging out, looking rather bored.

This is boring snoring mom
May 538 May 546

So I decided it would be a great time to take them on their first run in a while!  I didn’t have to go a certain distance or speed, so it would be perfect!  I could run slow, short, and walk if they needed to.  I started getting ready and they knew something was up.

What are you doing???  I know you are up to something!
May 549

Then the excitement began!  I took Emma for 2 miles and she did great as always – she is the best runner.  Then I came home and switched Emma for Kylie and took Kylie out for another two.  She isn’t as good of a runner, but she still did very good.  They were both tired around 1.5 miles but they hung on and finished up their first run in a while!

After the run we went in the backyard for a self-timer photo shoot… which is much easier said than done.

May 550a May 552a

May 554a May 566

May 553a May 558a

Are we done now?  No more pics lady.

May 572a May 573a

Tired pups are happy pups.

May 591 May 577

4.0 miles/37:23/9:20 avg pace

May 606 May 608

, ,

17 Responses to An Unplanned Run

1. Joanne May 19, 2011 at 11:37 am #

Lucky pups.
    I run with my GSD, Shane all the time. He’s in awesome shape but does lag behind a bit…that is BEFORE we head for home. Last weekend, he ran a really good 11 miles. What a dog! They’re the best.

2. Marlene May 19, 2011 at 11:40 am #

Aw yay! So fun! Your timer pics with the girls are hilarious!!

3. Alyssa May 19, 2011 at 11:48 am #

LOVE the self-timer pics… what cute lil babes! I’m happy they were able to hang on for so long… that’s a long way for a person to go on their first run back. Now imagine having 4 legs and doing that!! Super pups!

4. Freya May 19, 2011 at 11:48 am #

Awh! I wish I had a big dog to run with :/
    Are Kylie and Emma named after anyone? I always think Kylie Minogue and Emma Bunton when I read their names lol!

• Aron May 19, 2011 at 11:49 am #

LOL! Nope just liked the names and they suited them ;)

5. Cynthia May 19, 2011 at 12:25 pm #

Love that you run with your dogs! I am going to try with my lab this Summer and see how she holds up :)

6. Beth May 19, 2011 at 12:29 pm #

Puppeeeeeez!! They look like they loved it :)

7. Teacherwoman May 19, 2011 at 1:12 pm #

Sounds like time well spent! Love all those photos!

8. lindsay May 19, 2011 at 1:22 pm #

hahaha. love the self-timer pics!! way to go pups!

9. Sabrina May 19, 2011 at 1:35 pm #

Running with my dog is almost alway s a nightmore, but maybe if I kept up a 9-min pace, she would be more focused. That’s “slow” for you?! You rock, lady!

10. Michelle May 19, 2011 at 2:04 pm #

Love doggy runs! :) My dog is just coming back from a torn knee ligament. So, we are slowly up to 1/2 mile runs. It was great while I trained for Eugene because I never felt guilty. But it feels oh so good to have my loyal running companion with me. I swear she smiles while we run!

11. Kim May 19, 2011 at 6:55 pm #

SOOOOO cute! I love all of the puppy posts lately :) Your posts about your dogs really make me want to get my own dog! Someday (hopefully soon) I will, but I promised my mother I would wait until I owned my own place…renting with a pet is hard! Keep up with the pet posts so I can live vicariously through your wonderful family :)

12. Ariana May 19, 2011 at 7:55 pm #

I love the self timer pics! Your dogs are so adorable!

13. Stephanie May 20, 2011 at 5:39 am #

Love it!

14. amy May 20, 2011 at 5:53 am #

I love these pics! I have to do the switch mid-run too. It’s always so hard to leave one of them behind though. I’m pretty sure they whine the whole time I’m gone with the other one!

1. SFM Training: Week 2 | runner's rambles - May 23, 2011

[...] day of my unplanned run where I took Kylie and Emma out for a couple miles [...]

2. Wednesday Woofs | runner's rambles - May 25, 2011

[...] I took Kylie and Emma on another run, 2 miles each and they did much better than last [...]