Would You Rather?

It’s the weekend!  Let’s play a little game for fun and to keep my mind distracted.

Would you rather…

fridaynights iPhone 402

1. Run a race in the heat or the cold rain?

If you have been reading for any amount of time you know 100% I would run in the cold rain.  Me and the heat aren’t friends.

My ideal temperature to race in would be low 40’s with cloud cover and no wind!  Hear that Mother Nature?

Blog 035

2. Run intervals or a tempo run?

Tempo!  Although I have my days where I love the track, nothing makes me feel like a good tempo run.

DSC05013 1121.6

3. Run on dirt or pavement?

I definitely run on pavement more, a lot for convenience sake, but those dirt single track trails have been calling my name!

Running 002 032311.5

4. Run with friends or alone?

I can’t pick, I love them both!  Nothing like having friends to run with, but sometimes a run alone is the best thing ever.

blog 100

5. Run with music or without music?

Most runs I would say without it, but tempo runs I like having some fast music to get me going.

2010 SVIT 002

6. Run an ultra-marathon or do a triathlon?

I will stick to spectating triathlons for now… I have had my eye on an ultra-marathon for a long time though!  One of these days!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

A week from today I will be meeting up with SO MANY bloggers!  Seriously going to be the meet ups of all meet ups, I am so excited to meet so many friends!

26 Responses to Would You Rather?

1. Shannon April 9, 2011 at 9:16 am #

I have never run with friends but I want to at sometime. I don’t have any friends near by that are into running, which seriously is a bummer.

2. Amanda April 9, 2011 at 9:28 am #

I can’t wait to see the photos of all the bloggers you’re going to meet! I’m with you on most of your choices, I would rather run dirt than pavement and I think a triathlon sounds better than an ultra…at least right now :)

3. Marlene April 9, 2011 at 9:56 am #

Fun idea!

My picks:

1. cold & rain!

2. I prefer intervals DURING the workout but tempo AFTER the workout.

3. pavement

4. both – equal parts alone & solo and I love both

5. music when solo

6. neither?? haha. ultra is more likely.

4. Nelly April 9, 2011 at 11:15 am #

haha, I’m assuming that you follow Jess at Blonde Ponytail? This is my favorite series on blogger world that she does every Friday, haha

1. Definitely heat – I think I actually fare better than most people in the heat for some reason. But my favorite weather is just like you 40-50 with no wind.

2. Definitely tempo run – I like fast paced runs

3. For sure trails – I like how they are softer, and you can to see great scenery

4. I would say with friends, I like the camamerderie that it brings.

5. I don’t run with music right now on any run, haha

6. I could see maybe doing an ultra, but for me running a marathon is far enough right now, haha

• Aron April 9, 2011 at 1:51 pm #

I don’t follow her – ha! I’ll have to go check it out :)

5. Christy April 9, 2011 at 12:29 pm #

1. Run in the heat.
    2. Tempo run.
    3. Run on dirt.
    4. Run by myself. Well, it depends on the friend
    5. No music. Ever.
    6. As much as I want to do an ultra, I also want to do a tri.

6. Sarah @ The Pajama Chef April 9, 2011 at 1:00 pm #

1. cold & rain – but i prefer about 55ish with clouds or 45ish with sun!
    2. intervals. i stink at tempo runs. but really i prefer fartleks. :)
    3. dirt
    4. run by myself, or with my husband, or a friend who doesn’t mind silence. i hate talking the whole time.
    5. music when i’m by myself, unless it’s rainy then i like to listen to nature.
    6. oh gosh, both are a little scary to me! probably an ultra because me & swimming do not get along.

• Aron April 9, 2011 at 1:52 pm #

Me and swimming don’t get along either :-/

7. amy April 9, 2011 at 1:19 pm #

I like these questions!

1. Cold + Rain
    2. I love both intervals and tempo! I don’t think I can choose between them.
    3. Dirt
    4. A few weeks ago I would have said with friends but I’ve had to do so many solo long runs lately because of travel that I’m starting to enjoy the run alone more than I ever have.
    5. I go back and forth on music. My preference is without, and I usually race better without it too, but with my solo long runs I’ve been using it more. I might even use it for Eugene.
    6. I’ve never done either but plan to do both this summer. Ask me again after that!

8. Alyssa April 9, 2011 at 2:18 pm #

My picks:

1. Cold rain, definitely!
    2. Ooof, this is a hard one… probably a tempo run, though I can never seem to do them quite right. :)
    3. I am totally a roadrunner — pavement, hands down!
    4. Normally I’d say alone… but as of late, I’d have to say with friends. Especially for the long runs. ;)
    5. Without music for shorter runs, with music for longer runs or times when I want to move faster.
    6. Ultra!! I am still thinking about the 6-hour distance classic that’s a few weeks before SFM.

This was a fun game. Have a great weekend! :)
    A

9. Runeatrepeat April 9, 2011 at 2:30 pm #

Tempo, pavement and alone. But I can’t decide about the heat or rain – I think I’m going with heat :)

10. Melissa April 9, 2011 at 3:12 pm #

Fun! My picks are..

Cold rain (too bad I live in the deep south since I get much more of the other)
    Intervals
    Pavement
    With friends (even though most runs are solo)
    With music
    An ultra is probably more likely

11. Corey @ the runners cookie April 9, 2011 at 3:20 pm #

I would also totally pick cold, rain over heat any day – it’s impossible to keep my body cool enough when it’s over 70! Runs alone and with friends are both great in their own ways, so that would be tough to pick too. I do most of my running alone but sometimes group runs are so fun and memorable. I prefer tempo runs and dirt (easier on my joints!) Ultra or Tri…neither? haha I have no desire to do either of those!
    Can’t wait to meet you in a week! :)

12. Candice @ I Have Run April 9, 2011 at 3:40 pm #

Cold for sure!
    Intervals. Speedwork? Bring it!
    Pavement. Trails scare me.
    Run alone of with my girls.
    With music. Although I plan to experiment once I can run again (dang toe!!).
    Ultra. I don’t like having a sore booty lately from the bike.

So, so jealous of all the Boston blogger meet-ups. It makes me want to BQ just to be a part of that!!

13. Allison April 9, 2011 at 3:58 pm #

1. I would always pick cold over hot, though the rain adds an extra wrinkle. I guess I’d have to pick cold rain, though I’m not a big fan on running in the rain.

2. Intervals

3. Pavement, though I really haven’t done any trail running. I think I would enjoy it if I tried it.

4. Alone

5. Since I do almost all of my running by myself, I tend to leave the music behind for my weekday runs (which are usually in the early morning). I do consistently run my long runs with music and whenever I am on the treadmill. I’ve only run one race with music and I’m not sure if I’ll do it again.

6. I’m pretty sure I will be doing a triathlon this summer, but I would also love to run an ultra!

14. janae@hungryrunnergirl.com April 9, 2011 at 4:13 pm #

Cold, dirt, friends, music, ULTRA (how about we do one together?!?!) Hope you are having an amazing day gorgeous girl and I just emailed you!!!

15. Kim April 9, 2011 at 4:21 pm #

I can’t wait to meet you in a week!!! :) I definitely agree w/ the temp, it will be relatively cool in SFM, right?!

16. RunningLaur April 9, 2011 at 9:11 pm #

Cold and rain for a race, but 111F is perfect for normal, everyday life!!!
    But, you knew I’d say that. ;)

17. katie April 10, 2011 at 4:55 am #

um cold rain always! and we have matching shuffles. see you next week!

18. J April 10, 2011 at 6:31 am #

I would take the heat I guess – the thing that gets me is the humidity! We get really bad humidity here and it makes it hard to breathe and run. I love the track but I am learning to love the tempos! I just love the speed no matter what!

19. Lee April 10, 2011 at 8:57 am #

1. cold and rain
    2. intervals
    3. pavement. i’ve never really done any trail running before.
    4. either, although i still like to listen to music when i run with other people and i worry that they’ll think i’m being rude.
    5. see above!
    6. triathlon

20. Jill Will Run April 10, 2011 at 9:12 am #

1. Heat: I live in Vegas…

2. Tempo Run

3. Trails, although I run on pavement most of the time because for most of the year the trails closest are the open desert. Even though I claimed heat, I don’t want to run in the desert in 100 degrees!

4. I like running with and without music… different days, different feelings.

5. Same thing with running with others, some days I need the time with other people and others I need to be alone.

6. ultramarathon, 100% no doubt there

21. Ana-Maria April 10, 2011 at 4:53 pm #

Cold rain, intervals, trails, music, solo, undecided

22. alisa April 10, 2011 at 5:20 pm #

Oooh I love this post….

Definitely heat!, surprisingly I’d rather run intervals than tempo, I used to love running with people but I think I’ve really come to love running solo, I do love music but got used to not running with it last summer, and I think for the last one—I’ve already answered that question DEFINITELY tri—I don’t see an ultra in my future.

23. onelittletrigirl April 11, 2011 at 6:25 am #

My favorite weather is 50degrees and clear. Can’t choose between alone and friends or with/without music- both depend on the day, race and my mood. I prefer trails but don’t do them near enough and it will ALWAYS be triathlon for me :)

24. Holly April 11, 2011 at 10:57 am #

1. cool and rain- although i prefer just the cool part–it’s already in the 90s here with 90% humidity and my runs lately have been showing it!
    2. tempo all the way- intervals are good, but i always feel like i want to die (which probably means they are working)
    3. dirt- well the worn grass next to the paved trail is my first choice- softer but still even enough
    4, i’m with you on loving both- my husband and i usually run together which is awesome because when we’re not running we’re usually both working
    5. no music- see #4- only time i’m truly “unplugged” – i enjoy either talking to my husband, thinking or praying
    6. triathlon- have done a 1/2 ironman and would like to get back into it this season

can’t wait to hear all about boston- living vicariously through y’all this year!!