Today in My Life

I saw this post over on Journey Through Life a while ago and thought it was fun… you should join in too!

Outside my window … is a blue sky with the sun getting ready to set.

I am hearing … Kylie chewing her bone, one of her favorite activities.

I am thinking … about the Boston Marathon – what else do I think about these days?

I am thankful … for my husband, family, friends and readers who support my obsession with running and haven’t told me to shut my mouth about Boston yet!

I am reading26 Miles to Boston and I need to hurry up and finish it!

I am hoping and praying … that I do not get sick this time during taper.

I am wearing … a sweatshirt and Nike tempo shorts – what else do I wear when I am at home?

I am creating … countless blog posts for the next two weeks.  I really want to make sure to document everything well and I have some fun (in my opinion) posts coming up to do just that!

From the kitchen … pizza tonight – my favorite pre-long run meal!

Around the house … lots of relaxing!  Sleeping pets, running clothes set out, movies playing and computer on.

Plans for the rest of the week … tomorrow I have a long run with Alyssa that I am very excited for!  Next week includes more tapering, starting to pack for Boston (yes I pack a week in advance), and trying to contain any tamper tantrums that might appear.

A Picture to share … from today’s SFM training run at Lake Chabot – fun, tough day pacing with Kristin!

SFMT 026

Tell me about your day…

19 Responses to Today in My Life

1. janae@hungryrunnergirl.com April 2, 2011 at 11:58 pm #

THIS IS SO FUN!!! I loved reading it!!! All I think about is Boston too:) I hope you don’t get sick either during taper and pizza makes the best pre-race meal ever! I wear the same outfit at home too!!!

2. Jenn April 3, 2011 at 6:16 am #

Love these posts! I’m going to steal it along with the accent vlog at some point here!! Two more weeks of Boston obsessing and then you can obsess for 4 more weeks about how you did:) I doubt your readers want you to shut your mouth-ha!! I love reading about your thoughts relating to a MAJOR race that you poured your heart and soul into!!!! Good luck the next couple of weeks! Big reward waiting on the 18th:)

3. Mile Posts by Dorothy Beal April 3, 2011 at 6:19 am #

Love the picture! We must take a pic together at Boston :) Do you have anyone you are hanging out with at the start? We should meet up! I’m going to email you my # Happy Sunday!

4. Nicole April 3, 2011 at 7:26 am #

Today = recovery from yesterdays half marathon… my calf muscles KILL… :(

5. Lisa April 3, 2011 at 8:53 am #

I enjoyed this post. I love how much you talk about Boston. I live vicariously through bloggers like yourself. I am SO excited for you and will be closely following your journey.

6. Katie V. April 3, 2011 at 9:04 am #

Fingers crossed for you to stay healthy through the taper, the race and after!

7. Karyn April 3, 2011 at 9:12 am #

i love this. definitely going to steal it :) and i’m already packing for boston too. and my trip is just to my mom’s house an hour away from me haha!

8. lisa April 3, 2011 at 9:34 am #

fun post. and great photo!

9. misszippy April 3, 2011 at 10:49 am #

Great post. It’s only natch that Boston is on your brain these days!

10. Lindsey @ Eat, Read, Run April 3, 2011 at 11:39 am #

Boston is ALWAYS on my mind right about now too. Can it just be here already? Taper time always gets to me. Restless leg syndrome of a different kind. Haha. Oh and I ordered my official Boston Marathon jacket with the 15% coupon yesterday. Can’t wait for it to get here!!!!

11. Ana-Maria April 3, 2011 at 4:16 pm #

Hm, maybe I’ll steal the accent vlog, too, ha, with my accent, that would be pretty entertaining!
    I remember the obsessionmeter going up with each day getting me closer to Boston in 2oo9. You’ve worked so hard and you are almost there! You’ll have a blast! So keep talking about Boston:)

12. Keri April 3, 2011 at 4:29 pm #

Love this! So much better than the usual “survey questions” Boston is all over my mind too. Its so close but still two weeks away. Ahhh!

13. J April 3, 2011 at 5:09 pm #

I am not even running Boston and I am thinking about it too! I keep seeing all these people with Boston shirts or jackets! And I just met a guy who will be running his 40th boston this year! WOW! Loved this post! Such a good idea!

14. Nancy April 4, 2011 at 7:27 am #

I love this! They’ve started playing commercials for the marathon on tv….makes me get goosebumps all over every time! I even got chocked up this morning! It is such an amazing experience! I’m so excited for you!

15. katie April 4, 2011 at 8:24 am #

oh, this is fun, perhaps i will steal it!

16. onelittletrigirl April 4, 2011 at 8:59 am #

I love these kinds of posts. I am probably going to steal :)

17. Jesse April 4, 2011 at 11:33 am #

so fun! sending you good vibes for the rest of your taper!

18. Jo Lynn April 4, 2011 at 4:01 pm #

Oh my gosh – you ran at Lake Chabot? How many miles and on what trails? Did you love it? Next to Garin, it’s my favorite place to run. Beautiful, eh? ;)

1. Right Now in My Life | Girl With The Red Hair - April 23, 2011

[...] I’m having serious bloggers block lately. I literally have been staring at a white screen for 10 minutes. So here’s a little meme I borrowed from Aron at Runners Rambles. [...]