My First Boston: Thankful

As I sit in athlete’s village getting ready to start my very first Boston Marathon I want you all to know how much you mean to me and how much I will be thinking about you while I am out running today.  I honestly don’t know where my running would be without my incredible support system and without my outlet of blogging to be able to let it all out.

This past week in particular I have just been overwhelmed with love and support and just don’t even have the words to express how thankful I am, but I will try.

e1

My husband

Thank you for listening to non-stop Boston chatter for the last 3 years.  Thank you for being my shoulder to cry on, my sane brain to bounce ideas off of, and my rock whenever I need one.  Thank you for being proud of me, for always supporting my dreams, for never complaining about the hours I spend running and for putting up with my computer habits to write about all those hours I spend running.  Thank you for running with me, for pushing me and for always, always making me laugh, even when I really don’t want to.

blog 053

My mom

From the day I was born my mom has been my biggest fan.  She went to every single basketball game I ever had, even when I was on the bench.  She was there for my first marathon, she was there for every BQ attempt, and she was there when I finally got it.  Although she won’t actually physically be in Boston when I cross the finish line, she will still be there with me and I know I will be hearing her cheers from California throughout the race.

Thank you mom for always being my biggest supporter and for always encouraging me to follow my dreams.  AND for watching my babies this week so I don’t have to worry about them.

299190467705_0_ALB

My family

Though they may not "get" my obsession with pounding the pavement for hours at a time, they always support me, cheer for me, and have listened to my jabber since the day this all got started.  I know they are very proud of me and I can’t imagine doing any of this without their cheers and support.

SDRnR 14

DSC05124

Running 001

My friends

They helped dry my tears, they helped fuel my fire, they helped me celebrate and they just let me be me.  You know who you all are.  I have the most amazing friends, running and non-running, who have been an incredible support system getting me to this day.  I definitely don’t have the right words to express how much you mean to me.

My readers

Sheesh you guys, I don’t even know what to say.  People I have never met, but yet I feel such a strong tie to and such amazing support from just leaves me speechless.  I just like to run and I like to write and for some reason you guys like to read about it, and I am so thankful for it.  You have given me countless pieces of advice, countless amounts of support and it will always mean so much to me.  You guys are definitely my friends too.

I will be thinking about ALL of you today.  Every time I cross that timing mat, every time I need an extra bit of oomph, you guys will give me the push to keep going.  Today is a celebration – my victory lap for so much hard work the past 3 years and I can’t wait to tell you guys every detail.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a part of all of it.

See you at the finish line.

DSC_0060[1]

28 Responses to My First Boston: Thankful

1. Anne April 18, 2011 at 4:51 am #

Good luck today! Have a blast!

2. Susan - Nurse on the Run April 18, 2011 at 4:53 am #

GO ARON!!! I’ve loved hearing about your journey and it was great to meet you this weekend! So excited to be out cheering for you and to enjoy your glow at Big Sur! Good luck…this is what you’ve been training so hard for!!

3. Roisin April 18, 2011 at 4:59 am #

Get ‘er done! Today is your victory lap.

4. Stephanie April 18, 2011 at 5:06 am #

Have an amazing time today, Aron! You have worked so hard and shown such amazing heart and dedication in your journey to get to Boston, and it is unbelieveably inspiring. I hope you enjoy every step today and soak it all it, you earned it! Good luck!

5. hurdlingham April 18, 2011 at 5:08 am #

go aron go!! enjoy every minute of the journey…looking forward to cheering for you at mile 23!

6. Kelley April 18, 2011 at 5:08 am #

Have the race of your life, Aron! I rarely comment, but I have been so moved by following your journey to Boston. Like you, I have a passion for running and for the marathon, and I can only imagine all the feelings you must have right now, being on such hallowed running ground, awaiting the start of your first Boston! Thanks for sharing this with us…I will be rooting for you this morning as I watch the live steam of the elites. Enjoy every moment!

GO ARON!!!

7. Jen April 18, 2011 at 5:40 am #

Aron, this post gave me chills! Thank YOU for sharing your journey with us. It’s been so fun to follow along. GOOD LUCK today! I am so excited for you :)

8. J April 18, 2011 at 6:07 am #

Go get ‘em Aron! Run well today and have fun!

9. Marlene April 18, 2011 at 6:14 am #

What a sweet post!!! I know every single person you are thanking here is rooting for you with ALL of their hearts today!!

There is a reason that so many people have supported you throughout this entire journey (and will continue to do so ) – because you are awesome!

IT’S ALMOST TIME!

10. Allison April 18, 2011 at 6:18 am #

Good luck today! I hope you have a great race, but most of all I hope it is you have an amazing time! You deserve it.

11. Jill April 18, 2011 at 6:40 am #

Go Aron, Goooooo!

12. Nicole April 18, 2011 at 6:56 am #

Good luck today Aron!!! Enjoy every second!!!

13. Heather April 18, 2011 at 7:49 am #

Good luck – enjoy the beautiful weather!

14. Jen April 18, 2011 at 8:46 am #

Good luck! You’re gonna do great!

15. Jennifer April 18, 2011 at 9:04 am #

Good luck!!!! So far so good, you are doing great!

16. Mia April 18, 2011 at 9:16 am #

GO ARON!!!!!

17. Sabrina April 18, 2011 at 9:24 am #

Good luck today!!! You’ve already succeeded, so just have a BLAST!!!!
    I know you will!!! Take it all in!

18. Jessica April 18, 2011 at 9:42 am #

AMAZING!!!! GOOD LUCK GIRL!!!! You will rock Boston. I can not wait to read your recap lady.

19. Gabby April 18, 2011 at 10:04 am #

Good Luck Aron!! Have a great time running Boston.

Thank you for sharing your journey to Boston. You are inspiring!

20. Meghan April 18, 2011 at 10:39 am #

I know you are running right now but I hope you are having an amazing run/experience in Boston. Your story is fantastic and I am wishing you all the best.

21. Shortskirts April 18, 2011 at 11:27 am #

Congrats on a great race Aron, I had so much fun tracking you online! I hope you had a blast. You rocked Boston and are so inspiring!

22. Jeff April 18, 2011 at 11:29 am #

Great job! tracked you the whole, very proud, you should be happy you carried us all through that race, big burdeon!

Jeff

23. Zoe April 18, 2011 at 11:42 am #

CONGRATS ARON! Tracked you online and you did amazing! Can’t wait to hear your story. :)

24. Amber from Girl with the Red Hair April 18, 2011 at 11:51 am #

I’m so proud of you Aron! I was thinking about you all morning and I loved tracking you online. Can’t wait to hear how it went for you, I hope you had FUN!

25. Toni April 18, 2011 at 12:48 pm #

Congratulations!!! I was tracking you today (sounds creepy, i know, but it was for a good reason). i can’t wait to read your post race report!!

26. Linda April 18, 2011 at 1:06 pm #

I tracked you this morning. Your part about your Mom made me cry, because I can relate. I’m so happy for you Aron, my small letter bloggy friend! :)

27. I’m a new reader but I wanted to stop in and say congratulations!! I can’t wait to read your recap.

28. Lauren @ Sassy Molassy April 19, 2011 at 10:55 am #

Great post. I was telling my bf (manfriend) last night “it’s so weird that I feel like I know all of these people and yet I’ve never met them (in reference to Redhead Running’s facebook photos of Boston).” I love the blogging community and how supportive everyone is.