My First Boston: After the Race

When we left off I was still smiling and showing off my medal…

2011 Boston Marathon 191

Then I had important things to attend to…

2011 Boston Marathon 192

2011 Boston Marathon 193

That night we had a big team party where I shoved my face with delicious macaroni and cheese, drank beers and recapped the day with tons of friends including Page

We were obviously sporting our jackets.
2011 Boston Marathon 196

The cheesiest smile and full mouth.
215680_10150176986257225_839027224_6448212_5527333_n

The huge group!
205553_10150176990682225_839027224_6448293_3865990_n

Tuesday we woke up to cloudy skies and rain of course.  It was my favorite running weather every single day we were there except race day.  Too bad I couldn’t have switched around Monday’s weather for site seeing right?

After sleeping in, we went and found breakfast (pancakes!) and cruised around with intensions of doing the Freedom Trail but we didn’t last too long in the rain.  The rest of the day was relaxing and eating of course.

2011 Boston Marathon 201 2011 Boston Marathon 207

2011 Boston Marathon 210 2011 Boston Marathon 217

2011 Boston Marathon 216 2011 Boston Marathon 211

Wednesday was our last day in Boston and it was cloudy again but no rain so we completed the Freedom Trail this time!

2011 Boston Marathon 232 2011 Boston Marathon 257

2011 Boston Marathon 264 2011 Boston Marathon 278

2011 Boston Marathon 253 2011 Boston Marathon 281

Then it was time to pack up and head back to California!  As much as I loved every minute in Boston and everything leading up to this race, I was tired and ready to get home.  Yes still wearing my jacket.

Can we be home now?
2011 Boston Marathon 293

After a long flight home we made it back to California around midnight, where we turned around and hit the road for the 4 hour drive to my parents house (I know we are nuts) to pick up our pets!  We slept a few hours, turned around and drove back.  It’s been a long, tiring day.

And now we are finally home.  I think the girls are happy to be home too after a tiring 10 days with their younger wilder Aunt Bella (my mom’s rottie).

2011 Boston Marathon 295 2011 Boston Marathon 297

I have a ton of pictures to sort through and organize from the week we were there and will do a big picture post next!

Now if this would just unpack itself…

2011 Boston Marathon 298

22 Responses to My First Boston: After the Race

1. Shannon April 21, 2011 at 5:50 pm #

When I qualified for nationals I wore my jacket everywhere. It is something I am so proud of and I can’t help but be in a good mood when I am wearing it.

2. Ari April 21, 2011 at 5:50 pm #

Too bad about the weather, although it was good that you were able to take in the sights! Love that you were still wearing the jacket, I would be the same!

3. ShortSkirts April 21, 2011 at 6:20 pm #

haha i think your dogs look like they ran a marathon too! If it was me i’d wear the jacket every day for a week after the marathon. You totally deserve it!

4. Kim April 21, 2011 at 6:24 pm #

Awww, I’m so sorry that the weather didn’t cooperate for your sight seeing days in Beantown!! I’m glad you’re home safe & I’m looking to the next time I see you…in SF!!!!! :)

5. Marlene April 21, 2011 at 6:58 pm #

MMMMMMM food. I am getting to that point where I crave junk ALL THE TIME so I am living vicariously through you for another reason now. lol

Hopefully all of your clothes will wash themselves too! The laundry is the worst part about coming home. Glad you made it – you guys must be beat. Hope you can catch up on some rest this weekend!!!

6. Ana-Maria April 21, 2011 at 7:15 pm #

Aron, congrats on your marathon. You did great! Rest up, Boston is tough on the body:)

7. Samantha April 21, 2011 at 8:09 pm #

Excited to find your blog…congrats on Boston! Get some well deserved rest.

8. Jo Lynn April 21, 2011 at 10:59 pm #

I, for one, am happy to know you are home safely. xoxoxo :)

9. Meghan April 22, 2011 at 3:01 am #

Congrats again! The jackets look great! I love Boston – I’m glad you got a chance to walk around. Such a great city!

10. Nancy April 22, 2011 at 3:30 am #

Many many congrats again to you!!! Wear that jacket with pride chickie!!! You got some great pics….sorry the weather was stinky!

11. amy April 22, 2011 at 5:32 am #

Haha – I love the heavy tag on your bag. And, your pups are so cute!

12. Janice April 22, 2011 at 7:10 am #

2011′s jacket is way cuter then 2008…. I still wear it often, but every day. haha

13. Janice April 22, 2011 at 7:10 am #

but NOT everyday… oops

14. katie April 22, 2011 at 7:26 am #

oh you poor sunburned girl!

15. Emily April 22, 2011 at 7:52 am #

my suitcase is also not unpacked yet…and i’ve been home since tuesday. my jacket on the other hand is out in full force…not that that ever got packed. i’m pretty sure I wore it for like 36 hours straight after the marathon.

16. Page April 22, 2011 at 8:11 am #

I don’t think we should ever take off our jackets ;)

I’m so glad I got to share this experience with you – now if we can only meet up on the West Coast ;)

17. Allison April 22, 2011 at 10:11 am #

Unpacking and laundry is definitely the worst part of any trip!

18. Susan - Nurse on the Run April 22, 2011 at 10:18 am #

I love wearing my jacket around because I get comments about it since people recognize the Boston Marathon…I’ve made friends and had good conversations as a result! Plus, it’s kinda cool. :)

I still have some stuff to unpack from Boston, and I didn’t even run! Let’s not discuss the laundry I have to do before coming to California!

19. lindsay April 22, 2011 at 5:14 pm #

luggage is supposed to remain on the floor until it naturally unpacks itself via slowly-using-the-items-in-it. although i guess since you had cold-weather clothes in boston, they probably won’t be worn in california anytime soon… so you may just have to give in and unpack it yourself, unfortunately.

congrats again on boston! i enjoyed stalking you – i was surprised i actually got the text updates.

glad to see your priorities are in the right place, although you should have gotten a bigger bag in my expert opinion ;)

20. Adrienne April 22, 2011 at 6:13 pm #

You look 100% adorable in your Boston jacket!

21. the dawn April 25, 2011 at 11:54 am #

sad face. i can’t believe its all over! seriously after looking forward to the race for SO SO long, it’s crazy how fast it went by.

congrats again on your awesome race!

22. Runner876 June 6, 2011 at 2:22 pm #

Hi!
    I am so happy to have found your blog! Congrats on Boston and all of your accomplishments! I have been running for a few years and entered/ran many races in the past, including 11 half marathons. I have decided this Spring that it is time for me to finally commit to training and run my very first marathon.Scared! but excited! I will def be following your blog. Inspiring! Thank you!
    Joy