Boston Training: Week 16

16 weeks ago I started training.

DSC_0123[1]

The weeks ticked by, my mileage increased and my training plan had alterations a number of times.  I tried to take everything in each week, knowing how fast this day would be here, but of course it still flew by.

Now we are here at the end of the training cycle with the big day tomorrow.

I had good weeks, I had bad weeks, I was sick, I was tired, I was inspired, I was recharged… but most of all this training cycle I was excited.

831.1 miles later, it’s race time!

Onto my last week of training…

Monday
rest

207605_1961867848408_1294178028_32334594_5684209_n

Tuesday
5 easy

My last team lemon run club pre-Boston!  They spoiled me that night and gave me a care package full of my favorite gear and an awesome hand made card.  I felt very, very loved.  I ran most of the run with Kristin and we chatted away as usual.

5.0 miles/46:05/9:13 avg pace

Wednesday
6 easy

I met up with Kristin again for a morning run.

6.0 miles/54:48/9:08 avg pace

215050_1965114929583_1294178028_32338415_6449228_n

Thursday
5 easy

My last run in the bay before leaving for Boston!  Kristin and I ran together again and she brought me the best good luck present ever – a giant cookie!  Cookies are carbs right?  We had another great run chatting and reminiscing about my road to Boston, since she has been a very big part of it.  It was very fun.

5.o miles/56:36/9:26 avg pace

008

Friday
5 easy

I arrived in Boston!  Chris and I ran an easy short loop from our hotel around the Charles River.  I love this run.

5.5 miles/50:31/9:11 avg pace

Saturday
3 easy

My last run before the marathon!  I went out by myself and just ran up Commonwealth to Boston Commons and back.  I wore my 2009 CIM shirt (where I qualified) and it was nice to just zone out on my own.  My legs felt good and my stuffy head felt better once I was running.  It’s pretty crazy that my next run will be the Boston Marathon – ahh!

3.0 miles/27:28/9:09 avg pace

Sunday
rest

Sunday is about resting, focusing, fueling, and just being excited.  It’s almost here!

Total miles for week 16: 24.5

Week 10: 62.0 miles
Week 11: 62.5 miles
Week 12: 65.0 miles
Week 13: 66.5 miles
Week 14: 54.2 miles
Week 15: 37.4 miles
Week 16: 24.5 miles (pre-marathon)

It’s been a good cycle and I am so excited for the victory lap at the end of it.

1 DAY to go!

, , , ,

25 Responses to Boston Training: Week 16

1. Marlene April 17, 2011 at 12:48 pm #

Looking back, your numbers blow me away! I have LOVED following along on this training cycle, and the ones leading up to it that brought you to THIS DAY.

IT’S HERE!!!!!!!!

2. amy April 17, 2011 at 12:48 pm #

if you can’t eat that cookie tonight, you should find some other deliciously wonderful baked good. I’ve decided that the key to an awesome long run or race is dessert the night before :)

Tomorrow is going to be a fantastic day. Have fun, soak up every. single. moment., and rock the roof off this thing.

3. Sarah April 17, 2011 at 1:11 pm #

good luck, good luck, good luck!! Thinking of you tomorrow!

4. Marie @ Chocolate and Wine April 17, 2011 at 1:24 pm #

So I have dance practice in the FitCorp in the Pru which is literally right where the finish line is… Good luck a thousand times even though you won’t need it. I’m cheering for you!

xo – Marie
    Chocolate & Wine

5. Sarah @ The Pajama Chef April 17, 2011 at 1:31 pm #

woohoooo! next week is my highest mileage week of this marathon cycle (46) and i just realized that’s less than pretty much all your weeks….you’ll do great! good luck!!

6. Kayla April 17, 2011 at 2:55 pm #

Good luck tomorrow!!!! You will do awesome!

7. Marci April 17, 2011 at 3:17 pm #

Hi Aron,
    Just want to wish you a great race tomorrow! Having read your blog since your first HM, its exciting that you are finally running Boston tomorrow!! I have enjoyed all of your Boston posts, looking forward to reading “Aron’s first Boston”. Enjoy every moment.

8. Demi April 17, 2011 at 4:22 pm #

Not only have you had a solid training cycle, but you have a great group of people supporting you….Go Aron Go!

9. Kali April 17, 2011 at 4:45 pm #

Good luck! You’re going to have such a great time tomorrow!!!

10. Samantha April 17, 2011 at 4:46 pm #

Good luck Aron!! You will rock it, I am sure!

11. Beth April 17, 2011 at 4:54 pm #

Your training has been SO solid. Good luck tomorrow and HAVE FUN!!!

12. Felice April 17, 2011 at 5:04 pm #

Wow — what a training cycle.

GOOD LUCK tomorrow and have a great time!

13. Lee April 17, 2011 at 5:22 pm #

Good luck, Aron! I can’t wait to read about it. Im sure you will rock the race.

14. Kim April 17, 2011 at 5:34 pm #

Good luck tomorrow ARON! I will be out on the course in Newton at roughly mile 18.5 on the left hand side cheering!! I will be screaming for you :)

15. Linda April 17, 2011 at 5:49 pm #

GO KICK IT ARON!!! I’m so happy for you! I will be tracking you tomorrow. GO NORCAL REPRESENT!!!

16. skinnyrunner April 17, 2011 at 5:51 pm #

good luck and have a great time tomorrow; enjoy every second!

17. Nicole April 17, 2011 at 5:52 pm #

good luck tomorrow aron!!! :) enjoy – youve earned it!

18. Michelle April 17, 2011 at 5:53 pm #

Good luck tomorrow!!! Enjoy every minute :)

19. Ashley April 17, 2011 at 7:46 pm #

Have a great time tomorrow Aron! I’ll be cheering you on from CA!

20. Kelsey April 17, 2011 at 8:00 pm #

GOOD LUCK!!! Enjoy every minute!

21. Rachel April 17, 2011 at 8:26 pm #

GO ARON!! you had an amazing training cycle and tomorrow will be your victory lap! i’ll be cheering you on from california, good luck!

22. janae@hungryrunnergirl.com April 17, 2011 at 10:50 pm #

GOOD LUCK GORGEOUS GIRL!!! YOU HAVE WORKED SO HARD AND YOU DESERVE THE BEST TOMORROW!! I will be thinking about you all day and I can’t wait to read about how you do!!!

1. Race Report: 2011 Boston Marathon | runner's rambles - April 20, 2011

[...] Road to Boston My Training My Goals In Boston and the Expo The Details Thankful [...]

2. My First Boston: The Pictures | runner's rambles - May 11, 2011

[...] Journey to Boston My Training Arriving in Boston and the Expo The Details Marathon Eve Thankful Finisher! Boston Marathon Race [...]

3. Big Sur Training: Week 1 | runner's rambles - May 11, 2011

[...] week will look a lot like the week leading up to Boston with a few short easy runs.  I will just be paying attention to how I feel and not [...]