Three Things Thursday

untitled

{ONE}

Are you thinking about signing up for The San Francisco Marathon but haven’t yet?  DO IT TODAY!  I have a discount code for $10 off that expires at midnight.  You know you want to come to California for the big party that runs around the city and across the Golden Gate Bridge!

Details:
The code is: MARCHMADDISC
Expires: 3/31/2011 at 11:59pm
Good for: $10 off the Full or either Half Marathon

Pretty please?!

nikewomenblog

{TWO}

This little blog is now showing up on a very big blog that I am one of the “reporters” for!  It’s so crazy to see my face on Nike!

I have written 3 posts as part of the Nike Women’s Make Yourself Movement and “Make Healthy a Part of You” is up on the Nike Women Blog – pretty exciting huh?

My 3 Nike MYM Posts:
Make Yourself
Make Healthy a Part of You
My First Running Idol

bostonshoes

{THREE}

I noticed I have some rituals I always do during taper, a few were listed in my taper rules, but a few I don’t really notice or think to acknowledge.  When I stop to think about what I am doing though, I notice there are some things I always do the same time during taper.

One thing I always do during my first week of taper, is to start breaking in my race shoes!  I took my marathon shoes on their first run this week and they felt so good… there is nothing like the first run in new shoes.

I am sure I will continue to notice other rituals over the next couple weeks.  Am I the only one that does that?

March recap coming tonight!  It was a good month.

, , , ,

22 Responses to Three Things Thursday

1. Kristen March 31, 2011 at 9:05 am #

1- I really wish I could run that race- too far away for the budget this year

2- Very cool to see your own face on the Nike website! Congratulations :)

3- Is one of your rituals “go batshit crazy” or is that just my husband? ;-)

2. Tonia March 31, 2011 at 9:52 am #

I can not wait until that race! 4 months to go!

The Nike thing is so awesome. I checked it out yesterday. Congrats!

3. kristen March 31, 2011 at 9:57 am #

I noticed you have three kristens that comment regularly. All spelled the same too. How do you keep up straight? lol…

This is so cool. Rumbers Rambles is going to be a corporate logo soon! :)

• kristen March 31, 2011 at 10:12 am #

I see :)

• Kristen March 31, 2011 at 12:02 pm #

We’ll have to get avatars…
        She’s the only Aron, we’re one of three Kristens?

4. Marlene March 31, 2011 at 10:29 am #

So cool to be featured on Nike! It’s well-deserved, that’s for sure!!

I just started brekaing in a new pair of shoes this week and immediately ordered another pair, thinking ‘I’ll need new ones for when taper starts!’ hehe

5. katie March 31, 2011 at 10:56 am #

well, drats, i am already signed up! :)

6. Kirstie March 31, 2011 at 11:03 am #

I love new shoes. Nothing like that feeling. Congrats on being on Nike’s site. That is sweet!

7. Joanne March 31, 2011 at 11:13 am #

I’m dying to get into my marathon shoes but it’s still too cold here for them.

8. Allison March 31, 2011 at 11:26 am #

Congrats on being on the Nike site! San Francisco is definitely on my marathon list, but it going to have to wait for another year.

9. Emily March 31, 2011 at 11:30 am #

im breaking in my shoes now too! 18 more days!!!

10. Shelly March 31, 2011 at 12:30 pm #

My budget is up for mega traveling to race yet. But maybe someday the west coast will be an option.

Congrats on being a celeb! I’m hopping over to read them now. (well, after this comment is finished)

I habit is to usually leave thing to the last minute and then stress out. heehee

11. Jeni @ stepping out March 31, 2011 at 12:33 pm #

For some reason reading this post today makes me want to go to San Francisco to run the half marathon…so tempted…

• Aron March 31, 2011 at 12:34 pm #

DO IT!!!!! Its so much fun!

12. Jess March 31, 2011 at 2:29 pm #

#2 is very cool! Congrats!

13. Ashley March 31, 2011 at 2:32 pm #

Wish I could! Running the Cooper River Bridge Run this weekend in South Carolina though! :)

• Aron March 31, 2011 at 2:34 pm #

Have a great race!!

14. skinnyrunner March 31, 2011 at 4:25 pm #

thats so cool you are on nike! thats big time baby!
    if i were not on a boat in alaska in the summer, id do san fran definitely.

15. lindsay March 31, 2011 at 4:54 pm #

you are so famous. next you will be getting free nike gear from head to toe and hanging out with kara g!

16. Nicole March 31, 2011 at 7:23 pm #

your little blog has got quite the publicity since you started! so cool :)

17. Rachel March 31, 2011 at 10:32 pm #

how cool to be up on the nike site! it’s like you’re famous : ) i’m thinking about doing sf 1st half (LOVE this course!), but don’t know if it will work into my schedule…