The Only Aron

I have been tagged on the Stylish Blogger award a couple times by Nelly and Marci so it’s time to finally pay my dues!

stylish blogger

Although the word stylish is seriously questionable these days.

013011.1

Here’s how the award works:

• Post and link back to the person who gave you the award
  • Share 7 things about yourself
  • Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers so we can share the love
  • Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won

Since blog posts are more fun with pictures, I will find pictures to help me with my 7 things!

DSC06041a

1.  I am the only "Aron" running the 2011 Boston Marathon.  Yes I searched by first names to check.  I have been plagued (plagued is a little harsh) by the spelling of my name for my whole life with most people thinking I am a boy or just spelling it wrong.  I went so far as to spell my name Erin for about a week when I was younger, but I ended up not liking it has much.

My name is spelled the way it is because my parents were being creative and my first and middle names include parts of their names: Aron (my dad is Ron) Lyndsay (my mom is Lynette).  I am definitely am proud of my uniquely spelled name now and I think it’s pretty awesome that I will be the only ARON out there this year!

247142917205

2.  The above bite of cake was the only cake I had at my wedding UNTIL I was wandering around outside and stumbled on the caterers in a room eating off the bottom tier of my cake (all the guests had had theirs already and it was just going to be thrown away).  I asked if I could join then, went and grabbed one of my bridesmaids and proceeded to eat cake off the bottom tier in a utility room with the caterers.  It is still one of the memories of our wedding I always talk about.

720632059305 649852059305

3.  I had all four of my wisdom teeth out the day before BOTH Kylie and Emma got fixed.  Chris was a brave soul being home with all of us sickies that weekend.  Emma had to be taken to the emergency room to get her staples fixed and I was in so much pain and sick from the medicine that I couldn’t help whatsoever.  Smart move on our part.

833686169505

4.  Although I LOVE throwing parties, I hate eating food that I make for big groups of people.  So when I do throw parties, I never seem to eat anything since I am too busy hostessing and nothing sounds good.  But at the end of the night I am often found eating everything cleaning up whatever is left on the food table.

388415432305

5.  I have never skied in my life and I attempted snowboarding one weekend way back when.  The above picture is exactly what I think of the sport.  I was miserable and sore and did not have fun at all.  You will find me in the lodge on any future snow sporting trips.

Ankle tattoo and honeymooners
blog 004 814971505205

6.  I have 4 tattoos and this always surprises people for some reason.  One is on my ankle (above) and the other 3 are strategically placed around my waist section (back, hip, etc).  I had a thing for butterflies growing up so 3 of my tattoos are butterflies.  The other is a plumeria flower because Chris and I got tattoos in Maui on our honeymoon.  No his is not a plumeria.

iphone 018 Picture 261

7.  I think dressing up the dogs is one of the funniest things EVER.  I laugh so hard every time I put clothes on them and I can’t stop laughing.  I know I am a mean mom, but it’s just hilarious.

Since this has already been around the block for a few months I am not going to tag anyone (yah I know breaking the rules), but if you haven’t been tagged already, consider yourself tagged!  I love reading random posts, so go ahead!!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

24 Responses to The Only Aron

1. Nicole March 26, 2011 at 8:01 am #

I want to get a tattoo on my honeymoon!!!!!

2. Christina March 26, 2011 at 8:19 am #

Love the pictures that go along with these fun facts about you. :)
    I was laughing at your wedding cake incident. How neat!
    And yes, I didn’t expect you to have tattoos …. :)

3. misszippy March 26, 2011 at 8:41 am #

LOVE number one! So cool. And I hated getting my wisdom teeth out–your man is a good one indeed to handle all that in the span of a few days!

4. RunningLaur March 26, 2011 at 9:15 am #

One of my favorite things about having a dag was dressing it up in ridiculous things! No matter what it is, they get that look on their face ‘why did you just do that to me?’ and it’s so funny!

5. Sarah March 26, 2011 at 12:13 pm #

I was also laughing at your wedding cake story. I did wedding catering for years as a part-time job and we always did that with the cake. I would have been mortified if a bride had caught me though! I have a butterfly tattoo on my waist too :)

• Aron March 26, 2011 at 12:59 pm #

LOL I think they were very surprised to see me, but relieved I didn’t care and just wanted some cake! Still not sure why I was wandering around outside ;)

6. Mica March 26, 2011 at 12:40 pm #

Those are good facts. I especially like the wedding cake story.

Oh, and I want to go to an Aron-hosted party some day. :-)

• Aron March 26, 2011 at 1:00 pm #

Maybe one day I can throw a MASSIVE blogger party! ;) that would be the best!!

7. Nelly March 26, 2011 at 12:56 pm #

Thanks for the shoutout! That is awesome that you are the only Aron running Boston! I have the most common name on Earth, so whatever event I register for it is guaranteed that there are other people with my exact name, haha

Getting wisdom teeth pulled is not fun, I had it done when I was 12, I had ice packs on my mouth for like a day, haha

And I do love snowboarding, though it takes at least 3 days of solid effort to get a hang of it. Plus I think it really helps to take a lesson. =)

• Aron March 26, 2011 at 12:59 pm #

I did take lessons :) maybe one day I will try it again!

8. lifestudent March 26, 2011 at 2:34 pm #

I never got any of my cake (outside of when we cut it). If I had found some in a utility room I would have been game too ;)

9. Kristy@RunTheLongRoad March 26, 2011 at 3:41 pm #

I love random posts too! 4 tattoos?!?! I’m surprised :)
    My dog was a police officer for Halloween and my husband and I thought it was the funniest thing ever too.

10. Average A March 26, 2011 at 3:58 pm #

There is nothing better in the world than dogs wearing clothes, I swear!

11. Kelly March 26, 2011 at 4:48 pm #

I love the way you spell your name!

So, in my neighborhood there is a doggy costume contest on Halloween. It’s like a big deal, there are judges and the dogs get paraded around and announced by name and costume. It lasts for hours and is the most hilarious, awesome thing I’ve ever watched. :)

12. Jo Lynn March 26, 2011 at 4:54 pm #

I can’t believe you got your wisdom teeth pulled and both doggies got fixed, so close together. In hindsight, I bet you think that was kind of a silly decision, no?

13. Kristen March 26, 2011 at 8:10 pm #

My seven things will be going up tomorrow morning!
    I love the cake story :)

14. Kim March 27, 2011 at 5:39 am #

Yay, love this! So much fun :) I love the story about your name and that you are the only Aron running Boston! My parents wanted to give me a unique spelling of Kimberly, but with a brother named Geoff who always had his name misspelled they decided to go with the standard spelling. I’m going to do this because I love random posts too!

Also in terms of my training plan, I will probably end up running 4 days, but I am going to give myself the option of running 3-5 on the Friday before my long runs, or cross training. I think I’m going o see how I feel and ease into it! So excited to start officially training :)

15. Heather March 27, 2011 at 8:48 am #

I had the remains of my sisters wedding cake in our hotel room – the day after the wedding, all the bridesmaids + significant others were eating the cake with our bare hands. One of my favorite memories of her wedding.

It was so delicious!

16. Christine March 27, 2011 at 10:32 am #

Hahaha, love the pics! I dress up my dog for a Halloween – he is super dog :)

17. Nancy March 27, 2011 at 3:01 pm #

I LOVE the story about your wedding cake!!! Classic!

18. katie March 28, 2011 at 6:30 am #

hah, #7, me too! we put santa hats on them at christmas, so freakin hilarious!

19. lindsay March 28, 2011 at 6:46 am #

yeah you are a BIT behind ;) but i always love the random fact posts, including this one!

20. onelittletrigirl March 28, 2011 at 8:00 am #

People are always surprised to find out I have 5 tattoos (all strategically placed) as well. i think I have a “good girl” image and tattoos are still (ridiculously) viewed as bad girl!

21. Marlene March 28, 2011 at 9:25 am #

Super fun post! My sisters dress up their dog AND cat and I also find it hilarious. The dog doesn’t seem to mind but the cat limps around pretending to be injured until you take the clothes off. It is too freaking funny!

I have 4 tattoos too!

And your name rocks. I hated my name as a kind b/c it was not a “popular” name (I always wanted to be named Kelly, so weird) and people spelled it wrong constantly (even though I don’t think it’s THAT difficult). Anyway, I grew to love having a somewhat unique name and usually people tell me they have never met another Marlene which makes me happy. :)