Early February is always a big deal around runner’s rambles with my runniversary yesterday and my blog’s birthday next week!
I started this blog very close to when I started running in order to document my training for my first marathon, The San Francisco Marathon, and it has since become one of my very favorite races of the year.
One of the best parts of this race is you have 3 different races to choose from.
- The full marathon – You run a 26.2 mile loop around the city, including crossing the Golden Gate Bridge, running through Golden Gate Park and finishing where you started near the Ferry Building.
- The first half – The more scenic half, you start in the very early morning with the full marathoners, cross the GGB while watching the sun come up, and finish in Golden Gate Park while most people are still in bed.
- The second half – Claimed as being the faster half (but still has hills), you get to sleep in a little bit longer with a later start, weave through Golden Gate Park and end at the Embarcadero with the full marathoners (and passing a few on the way).
This also means I have earned TWO entries into this year’s race on July 31st, 2011.
As a thank you for all your support, your comments, your emails, your feedback and just for making me smile, I am so excited to be able to give away one of my entries to one of my favorite races and my very first marathon to one of YOU!
So you want to win an entry to one of the above races?
Many ways to enter!
1. Mandatory: Leave a comment telling me how you found my blog and/or how long you been reading. I love hearing these stories!
2. +1 Tweet: I want to win @THESFMARATHON giveaway from @runnersrambles (or something that includes both of our twitter handles).
3. +1 Link this giveaway on your blog and email me with the link.
You also might want to “like” runners’s rambles on facebook because there may be an opportunity or two for an extra entry there, so keep an eye out! I will keep track of the entries as they come in in a spreadsheet, so no need to comment on the blog for each of the above.
***Please only enter this contest if you can actually come to San Francisco and run the race, travel expenses are not included. I earned this entry for my involvement but did not pay anything for it.
I will leave the contest open until Wednesday, February 16th at midnight California time. I will randomly pick a winner and announce it on Thursday, February 17th!
Hope to see you in San Francisco!