A Long Day

My Wednesday….

022311

4:25am – the alarm goes off, after maybe 5 hours of sleep.

4.365

4:40am – Coffee is being consumed.  Thank you for coffee pots with timers.

5:00am – My running clothes are on and I am heading out the door.

5:30am – I meet Kristin and Stephen and start running 3 miles to the track.  I don’t feel that great and am definitely questioning how this track workout is going to go.

12.365

6:00am – Make it to the track right on time and there is ice on it!

6:15am – Intervals start and although I felt terrible during my warm up, I nail my intervals.

Workout: 3 x (800, 600, 400, 200) @ 5-10k pace with 200m jog between intervals, 600m jog between sets

Set 1 – 3:35, 2:37, 1:46, :52 holding back, waking up
Set 2 – 3:26, 2:35, 1:43, :51 pushing it
Set 3 – 3:28, 2:36, 1:45, :52 trying to hold on

7:00am – 3 mile cool down to finish off 12 miles for the day.

022311.2

7:45am – Start getting ready for work at work.

8:20am – At my desk where I proceed to eat all food in site for the day, tweet about our upcoming “snow storm”, gchat with Chris, Amy and Page… oh and do a lot of work in between.

Let’s see if this snow thing really happens!tweets

5:00pm – Leaving work to drive to CPR course (for my coaching certification).

6:00pm – CPR course starts.

9:30pm – Driving home after receiving my certification in CPR and first aid!  Check that one off the list.

022311a

10:00pm – Over 16 hours later I am finally home.

Mom where have you been all day???
022311.1

, ,

43 Responses to A Long Day

1. Runeatrepeat February 24, 2011 at 7:37 am #

That is a crazy long day! I did CPR certification again this week too :)

2. Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run February 24, 2011 at 7:49 am #

Ha! Taxes are at the top of my list too and I keep checking off everything underneath it. I think I’d check off “light myself on fire” before I checked off the taxes one. *sigh*

3. Page February 24, 2011 at 7:53 am #

Oh man…crazy long but at least you got a lot accomplished! I hope the certification went well :)

4. Jennifer February 24, 2011 at 8:29 am #

I am exhausted just reading about your day!

5. Marlene February 24, 2011 at 8:34 am #

Ack, what a day! Congrats on an awesome track workout and your CRP cert!! Hope you had a great sleep last night after that!

Ooooh, snow storm! I’ll believe it when I see it. :)

6. Denise February 24, 2011 at 8:50 am #

i’m happy you survived!! and got in a great track workout. i need more hours in the day, or to work less. i like working less better.

• Aron February 24, 2011 at 9:12 am #

I like the sound of working less too :)

7. katie February 24, 2011 at 8:52 am #

i recognize that cute puppy face! whew, what a long day….i could never bust that kind of track workout out on that little sleep, i’d be soooo grumpy.

8. Emily February 24, 2011 at 9:10 am #

1. I love your running icons on your alarm! How did you do that?! I want to make mine look the same so I stop snoozing for an hour in the morning!

2. Holy consistency at the track lady.

3. 12 miles with a side of track? Killer Wednesday.

4. Excited for snow? I’m not sure we can still be friends. Kidding. Kind of.

• Aron February 24, 2011 at 9:13 am #

“iEmoji” app – SO MANY cute little icons. I use them in twitter and such all the time :)

I haven’t seen snow except for from afar on the mountains in over 5 years! It will be fun for us Californians BUT I will believe it when I see it!

9. Nitmos February 24, 2011 at 9:56 am #

Solid intervals.

Looks like you are following the standard runner’s progression. Run. Blog about running. Run marathon. Become running coach. Good luck.

10. Rebekah February 24, 2011 at 10:01 am #

Nice run lady! Especially that early. My early morning speedwork is always rough.

p.s. i LOVE my ‘to-do’ list app. it’s my bestie.

11. Michelle February 24, 2011 at 10:04 am #

I’m tired for you! Thank goodness for coffee :)

Your track workouts always inspire me! I can’t wait until it gets lighter outside in the mornings so I can take advantage of the local high school track and get some REAL speed workouts in.

Hope today is a shorter day!

• Aron February 24, 2011 at 10:18 am #

YES it’s been nice since the sun is coming up earlier we can actually see half way through the workout… although I do like running track in the dark :)

12. Mica February 24, 2011 at 11:10 am #

Geez, that is a really intense schedule. How do you get the dogs walked and fed when you’re gone all day? I always want to work in things around my school day, but I hate leaving Bodger alone for so long.

• Aron February 24, 2011 at 11:13 am #

I fed them in the morning before I left and then Chris fed them when he got home. They don’t get walks everyday, but they hang out in the backyard everyday playing :)

13. lindsay February 24, 2011 at 11:22 am #

clearly i need to buck up and quit hitting snooze!! i miss the days when i ‘accomplished’ a hard/long run before work… siiiiigh.

14. Kim February 24, 2011 at 11:23 am #

Eeeek! SUCH a long day! I didn’t get home until 9pm and I thought that was bad! PS Love the puppy pic! :)

15. Shelly February 24, 2011 at 11:24 am #

Nice day! I bet along with that tired feeling you enjoyed a nice satisfied accomplished feeling. I love those days!

16. Amber from Girl with the Red Hair February 24, 2011 at 11:30 am #

That is a super long day! I think hitting snooze this morning was totally warranted :)

17. Jess February 24, 2011 at 11:44 am #

YIKES! I don’t understand why CPR classes are so freaking long, by the way. They should be an hour, tops.

• Aron February 24, 2011 at 11:47 am #

This one was CPR, first aid and AED… BUT STILL! gah.

18. Jesse February 24, 2011 at 1:22 pm #

wow! im tired just reading that!

19. Holly February 24, 2011 at 1:26 pm #

I felt all proud of myself that I went to physical therapy AND the dentist before work this morning. Now not so much. Seriously I have to hand it to you for making it through yesterday. Just reading this post just totally exhausted me…I need to find some coffee.

20. Karyn February 24, 2011 at 1:43 pm #

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! what a long day! good luck with the snow this weekend. i think we’re in store for some rain, which sucks (for me!), but at least it won’t accumulate.

21. Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef February 24, 2011 at 2:11 pm #

man, your day sounds incredibly exhausting! at least it’s over :)

22. janae@hungryrunnergirl.com February 24, 2011 at 2:13 pm #

YOU WOKE UP SO EARLY….You are my idol…I was struggling getting up at 5:45!!! You are my hero!!! AWESOME RUN!!! You motivate me to do some track workouts. Don’t FREEZE!!!! Hope you are having an amazing day!

23. lifestudent February 24, 2011 at 2:15 pm #

Now thats dedication :)

24. J February 24, 2011 at 2:28 pm #

Those long days are tough but so much fun too! Love this post! Hope you are able to rest this weekend!

25. Jess February 24, 2011 at 2:54 pm #

That is a long one!

26. Bethany February 24, 2011 at 3:00 pm #

good marathon training!! :-)

27. Kristy@RunTheLongRoad February 24, 2011 at 3:19 pm #

I used to get up at 4:30am on Fridays last summer to do my long runs before work so I can sympathize. It does make for a looong day! But at least CPR and First Aid are done!

Nice job on the track workout too.

28. Keri February 24, 2011 at 5:55 pm #

Wow, that IS a long day. Great track workout. I may have to try that one…

29. Nelly February 24, 2011 at 6:16 pm #

that is an insanely long day! Don’t know where you get the energy for all of that! and 12 miles total with those kind of interval workouts sound brutal, haha

30. Rachel February 24, 2011 at 7:48 pm #

WOW, i’m tired just reading all that! 12 miles before 8am?! CRAZY.

31. Blaine February 24, 2011 at 8:02 pm #

Wow what a full day. And here I am sick in bed with the stomach flu :-(
    I saw you in a tweet and read your bio. Simply amazing!

I’m starting where you started in 2008… a non-runner looking to do his first marathon. I’ll be tracking my progress on my blog at 101marathoners.com

I hope to be where you are after few years!

Cheers,

Blaine

32. Susan - Nurse on the Run February 25, 2011 at 8:39 pm #

I can’t imagine waking up that early, but look at that killer workout you got in before most people even wake up!! Amazing. :)

33. Runner26 February 26, 2011 at 6:19 am #

Impressive Wednesday!! I seriously got tired just reading all that! But it doesn’t surprise me at all. You are such a dedicated marathoner and all of this will pay off-I think it already is.

34. heather February 26, 2011 at 9:13 am #

Oh man. Getting up at 4:30 is bad enough, but what is even worse is that it was after only 5 hours of sleep! Do you always sleep so little? (I need a ton of sleep, so I’m always amazed when people can function on less than 7!)

• Aron February 27, 2011 at 5:13 pm #

no no no I NEED more sleep. I had a mtg the night before and lead the Wed morning group so I didnt have much choice. At least 7 hours is my standard :)

35. Laura March 9, 2011 at 7:53 pm #

I’ve been trying to get to yoga more lately, without stopping running. Which makes for days almost as bad as this. I leave a little before 6:00 and get home around 9:00. I don’t know how you did it on 5 hours of sleep!

36. Laura March 23, 2011 at 11:30 am #

Wow, and I thought I had it bad getting up at 5:30am to get in my workout! Kudos for keeping up that routine!

1. Boston training: Week 9 | runner's rambles - April 3, 2011