Tomorrow I turn 29.
As I leave behind being a 28 year old, I thought it would be fun to list 28 things I will remember about being 28. Since my birthday is at the beginning of the year a lot of it will be the same as my 2010 recap, but in a bit of a different format.
Here we go!
1. My birthday party – I had a long run of 12 miles and Chris suggested a route (2 3 miles out and backs) and location so I was fine with it. I was not having a great run and was planning on quitting when I got back to the car after 6 miles. When I ran up I noticed a few people waiting around my car and when I got close enough I realized it was all my running best friends! A surprise running party? Couldn’t ask for anything more perfect? Oh except for having brunch at my favorite spot after.
2. The muddiest race I ever hope to “run.”
4. Wandering around the Oakland redwoods for my longest trail race to date.
5. My half marathon PR!
6. Watching my husband cross the finish line to his first triathlon.
7. Finishing my 7th marathon, the hardest and most beautiful to date.
8. Running a 200 mile relay the next weekend. Insane.
9. Hating my life during a half marathon the next weekend (3 in 3), yet finishing it and co-hosting a bridal shower for my future sister in law.
10. Getting a road bike (and actually riding it and enjoying it)!
11. Watching Chris finish his first half ironman after some serious mechanical issues during the race.
12. Finally getting an age group award!
13. Going to Boston (and the east coast) for the first time.
14. Celebrating FIVE years of marriage to Chris.
15. Throwing my future sister in laws bachelorette party.
16. Surprising myself during the San Francisco half marathon.
17. Getting to be the matron of honor in my brother’s wedding and welcoming my new sister in law to the family.
18. Going to Maui on vacation (and running into our friends while we were there).
19. Riding my longest ride to date – 60 miles – around West Maui.
20. Finishing the CA dreaming race series at Long Beach and getting to run with Nicole during the final miles of her marathon.
21. Frantically registering for the Boston Marathon.
22. Finishing the Healdsburg half marathon for the 3rd year in a row on the most beautiful foggy day.
23. Getting my acceptance into the Boston Marathon.
24. Running through the rain. A lot.
25. Crossing the finish line of marathon #8.
26. Celebrating New Years.
27. Everyday I got to see these adorable furr-babies.
28. Being able to look back on a year full of love, friends, life, laughs, and truly feeling blessed.
28 was a great year and 29 will be even better!