last minute gifts for runners

DSC05983

AHHH christmas is only 2 days away and you still need a gift for a runner?!

i can help!

if you have time to head to your local running store then you are very lucky because that’s easy… pretty much any item in there will make a runner happy.

121610

Picture1 004[2]

wow the list could go on and on – who knew we “needed” so much stuff?

well what about if you DON’T have time to go to the store or what if you tragically don’t have a local running store and it’s too late to order something online?

here are some things you can make a present right from your computer without having to wait for a box to arrive!

sign your runner up for a race

race fees are expensive and i know there are a number of races i would run if i didn’t have to pay for them myself.  maybe it’s a race you can do together if you are a runner too or maybe you don’t live near each other and you can talk your runner into visiting by signing them up for a race.

it’s a great way to give something fun that you runner would really appreciate.

sign your runner up for a local running club

sometimes actually signing up for something is the scary part, especially when it comes to being outgoing and meeting new people.  so encourage your runner to get out there and join a club by signing them up!

last year chris and i talked a lot about joining a running/triathlon club and we never pulled the trigger.  finally for christmas i signed him up and put the printed receipt in a card for him.  i joined a few weeks later and it has really changed our lives.  we have met so many amazing people, learned so much, have had some great group workouts and really just had a lot of fun.

gift certificates

these can be easily purchased online a lot these days and printed out and put into a card.  although it’s not quite as personal as some people like, i always appreciate a gift card.

running stores, massages, food, coffee, are all things runners would definitely appreciate and get a lot of use out of.

be creative

although you are short on time, you could still try and be creative.  make a collage out of race pictures and race bibs.  make a shadow box out of medals and memorabilia.  my favorite present last year was the plaque chris had made for me from my BQ race.  although this took some time to order, get made and get shipped, something on the lines is so meaningful to us runner.

dec072

2 days until christmas!

17 Responses to last minute gifts for runners

1. Marlene December 23, 2010 at 7:13 am #

Yep, I'd be happy to find ANY of that under my tree. :)

2. fancy nancy December 23, 2010 at 7:23 am #

Love it! I'm just going to go ahead and forward this to Santa…aka my hubby who I know is out shopping today!

3. RunningLaur December 23, 2010 at 7:25 am #

great list! and your BQ shadow box is still so cute!

4. Kelly December 23, 2010 at 7:37 am #

Like Marlene said, I too would be happy with any of those under my tree this year~! Especailly the ifitness belt…I want one sooo bad! :)

5. marathonmaiden December 23, 2010 at 7:43 am #

all of those would make me happy :) but i really like the racing as a gift idea. that's what i got this year (granted it was early but still it was a great gift!)

6. Morgan December 23, 2010 at 8:22 am #

You are spot on girl! I hope you get some of that good stuff too!!! :)

7. Emily December 23, 2010 at 9:01 am #

I'm giving santa (/all my friends and family) your address. I trust I would have a very merry christmas if you were in charge of selecting my presents!

8. Karen (Toronto Girl West) December 23, 2010 at 11:06 am #

Merry Christmas Aron!!!!!!

9. Average A December 23, 2010 at 11:55 am #

Will you please forward this to my boyfriend? I feel bad asking for myself… ;)

Love this list. It's right on! Great ideas.

xoxo,
    A

10. Jamie December 23, 2010 at 12:03 pm #

I'm hoping to find any kind of running present under the tree this year! Since I only started really running in january, I'm not sure if a year is long enough to give my fam/freinds the hint I'm in love with running. We will see. :) merry christmas aron!

11. Meg December 23, 2010 at 12:31 pm #

Thanks for the shopping ideas! I just ran out to get one of the new foam rollers for my husband, I needed this post today!!
    Happy Holidays!

12. The Hungry Runner Girl December 23, 2010 at 2:21 pm #

I am forwarding this post to Billy:) Love all the ideas especially signing them up for a race….I would LOVE that.

13. Her Name is Rio December 23, 2010 at 3:28 pm #

I should leave this screen on for my hubs to see… he he

14. mmmonyka December 24, 2010 at 4:32 am #

Great tips! I wish my parents read your blog:)
    However, all those things you mentioned at the beggining…we DO NOT NEED them, one can be an excellent runner without them. Running is mostly about training, not gadgets and equipment.

15. Mica December 24, 2010 at 6:07 am #

Great ideas! My college roommate is a runner, so every year, I get her a gift certificate to the local running store. I hope she's not sick of it yet!

16. Detroit Runner December 24, 2010 at 11:39 am #

That foam roller is awesome. I have one and love it.

17. Paige December 16, 2013 at 5:00 pm #

I just bought my husband a golf ball muscle roller, got pretty good deal on it, hes been wanting one for awhile and i finally found one! :)