wiped

what a weekend… whew.  i can’t handle many more of these, i am wiped out!  but yet again, all for very good and fun stuff.

it started with maritza’s going away dinner with the ROHOs on friday night.

kristin, me, maritza, tara and julianne August 2010 001

then i got up early to go meet jolynn for another bike ride… my longest to date!

we started in plesanton, looped around to sunol and then headed down calaveras for some climbing!  this was definitely the toughest ride i have done yet, we had a pretty long steady climb, but i loved every single second.  there were a million cyclists out there and i just felt very in tune with my bike.  i just get more and more comfortable each time.  i was feeling really good and then charged up a last hill and then i was tired and ready to be done.  i had a great time and can’t wait to go again.

we rode 48 miles but i had stopped my garmin somewhere along there so i don’t have my total time (grrr).

i really want to keep some long rides in my schedule when i am marathon training so i am testing it out now to see how i can fit it in.  i will definitely be talking about this more as i get into it.

i came home, got ready and chris and i headed to our friends daughter’s 1st birthday party in marin county… so almost an hour drive north-west.

after a couple hours there, we headed south on the golden gate bridge through san francisco to the peninsula for another friend’s party, this time a couples wedding shower.  we were both wiped at this point but lasted a couple hours at the party before heading home.  we made it back to our house just after 11pm and i got to sleep shortly after with the alarm set for 6am.

sunday morning came way to soon but i got ready for maritza’s going away run and brunch.  we met at 7:30 in danville and had a great group out there… i love these girls!

page, tara, kristin, me, layla
audrey, sandra, maritzaAugust 2010 003

i planned on running 13 miles and most of the girls were doing somewhere around there.  kristin was running 15 so we decided to stick together for the first part.  i wasn’t sure how my legs were going to feel after that long bike ride the day before, and i definitely could tell that i had ridden almost 50 miles, but once i got warmed up i felt much better, just tired.

we did a 2.5 out and back and then she planned on doing a 5 out and back the other way.  we were chatting away about some exciting future plans and kept catching ourselves running too fast, which was a nice little surprise on tired legs.  we pulled back and just were cruising the whole time.  when i hit 9 i turned around so i would get 13 and was running at an incline into a headwind the whole way back, it was a little rough, but i managed to keep my pace the same and run the last mile as my fastest (just barely).

13.0 miles/1:54:37/8:44 avg pace

then we headed to our favorite brunch spot where we filled up on delicious food.

August 2010 004

i am now in a state of delirium and so so so sleepy from all the weekend’s festivities!

this week’s totals:

running: 40.1 miles
biking: 67.8 miles + 45 min on the trainer

definitely happy with this week.  one more week to go until training officially starts!

28 Responses to wiped

1. Lisa August 8, 2010 at 4:42 pm #

That's some big training! And a long bike ride!

2. Marlene August 8, 2010 at 4:49 pm #

What a busy and FUN weekend! I can\t believe how quickly you were able to build up you cycling mileage – way to go!

3. runnernic.com August 8, 2010 at 4:52 pm #

what a fun weekend!!!! i love group runs and meeting peeps for runs! :) great job with the cycling and the running! i would be tired too!

4. RunningLaur August 8, 2010 at 5:58 pm #

100+ mile week!
    so cool that you can wait until 7:30 to get out for a long run. one day it'll cool off enough here to do that!

5. Heather August 8, 2010 at 6:32 pm #

What a great weekend! Nice job with all the biking and running.

6. Jamie August 8, 2010 at 7:58 pm #

What a fun weekend! Nice job fitting in all the running and biking too :)

7. Jo Lynn August 8, 2010 at 10:40 pm #

You are getting so good on the bike. We may get one more ride together before you dump me within the first mile of a 50-miler! ;) Hopefully it will be soon. Hint: I'm off Saturday the 14th.

8. Denise August 9, 2010 at 4:24 am #

i'm interested in seeing how you fit the bike in. i'm really struggling on how i'm going to keep swimming and x training in during marathon season. and after watching the ironman yesterday…i HAVE to keep them in!!

9. ShutUpandRun August 9, 2010 at 5:37 am #

Wow – lots of miles for you this week. Sounds great…I need to get back on my bike…

10. Mica August 9, 2010 at 5:51 am #

So much biking and running and socializing! No wonder you're wiped!

11. Joanne August 9, 2010 at 7:55 am #

Great run! I just can't seem to fit the bike rides in when I run. The only day I've been going is Sunday and it's the ride to breakfast that motivates me "will ride for food". :)

12. Chic Runner August 9, 2010 at 8:28 am #

I miss you girls! I love running with you guys on that trail! :) Maritza will be in good hands when she moves down here. Don't worry! I'm excited to have her. :) Super fun and busy weekend and I'm super jealous of Katys!!!

13. Alisa August 9, 2010 at 8:40 am #

Wow it took me months to build up to 48 miles. Duathlon in your future?

I forgot M is moving back to socal…what are the roho's going to do? =) Road trips!

14. runner26 August 9, 2010 at 11:06 am #

wow that is some week you had! i think it's great when you can combine friends & workouts ;)

15. audgepodge August 9, 2010 at 12:23 pm #

Yay for fun weekends! Thanks for planning such a fun run/brunch on Sunday. Well worth the commute! :) When it's cooler, it would be awesome to see you guys down here in LG!

16. Sassy Molassy August 9, 2010 at 12:56 pm #

Dang girl, nice mileage for the week! Isn't it fun to get a long run in with friends? Love it. Brunch afterward is the perfect way to reward yourselves!

17. lindsay August 9, 2010 at 4:37 pm #

what an active weekend! lots of running on top of that 48 mile bike. impressive! (guess i'll let those dying veggies slide) ;)

18. Jon Gilchrist August 9, 2010 at 6:28 pm #

that's some bloody nice mileage…

19. onelittletrigirl August 10, 2010 at 6:40 am #

Your summer has been so much fun!!!!!

20. Tara August 10, 2010 at 8:43 am #

yay for a friend filled weekend! ♥

21. Julianne August 10, 2010 at 10:37 am #

Yay I got to see you twice in a weekend!!!! Totally fun! :-)

22. Emz August 10, 2010 at 10:51 am #

HOLY #'s woman!! AMAZING.

I love your girlfriend photos. I sooo need a Girl's night out. I am jealous just looking at them — photos & #'s , that is! :)

23. Katie A. August 10, 2010 at 10:58 am #

So sad I missed all of you!!! Looks like a fun way to spend a Sunday morning :)

Just so you know, I went to Sports Basement yesterday and was actually drooling over all the road bikes…hmmmm….Nice ride girlie!

24. The Happy Runner August 10, 2010 at 11:09 am #

Nice — wow! Sounds like a great, busy weekend!

25. Petraruns August 10, 2010 at 10:42 pm #

Nice weekend girl and NICE ride there – I haven't done that distance yet!

26. RoadBunner August 12, 2010 at 1:34 pm #

You definitely win the friend-athlete award for getting to all these events! Wow! I feel bad for saying 7:30 am was early :)

27. Kristen August 13, 2010 at 10:12 am #

I wish I could have been there but what a great way to send Maritza off!

Great job riding and running in one weekend!

1. Highlights | Kristin Running - January 14, 2011

[...] Aron recently posted a great recap on our ROHO dinner and run. It was so great to be with the girls again and enjoy some food, drinks and good convo. We have all been so insanely busy so it was a great opportunity to catch up with everyone. [...]