at the races

between chris and my racing schedules this summer is jam packed!  i feel like we will be spending practically every weekend at some sort of race.  for the months of june and july one of us has a race 6 out of 8 weekends (including last weekend and this weekend)… sheesh.  it is SO fun though and i love that it’s a part of our lives.  what did we do before we got into this stuff?

i started off saturday with a “long” run.  i had planned on doing around 14 but i wasn’t really feeling it.  i was out the door around 6:30am and it was already pretty warm and it was WINDY!  i found my groove eventually though and was picking up the pace without knowing it.  then i talked myself into a few more miles ending up with 11 total for the day which i was happy with.

11.0 miles/1:37:10/8:50 avg pace

my next long race isn’t until july 25th (sf half) so i know keeping my runs between 10 and 14 is totally fine for the time being, and that cutting down to 11 was definitely fine for this week.  i actually don’t really know how 14 got in my head originally.

looking back at my last 3 weeks i have been building up my miles, so this was a perfect week to cut down the miles a bit and give the legs a little break.  usually i run 6 days, but with chris’s triathlon and other busy stuff going on i decided to take sunday as a rest day in addition to tuesday.

total miles for the week: 36.6

*********************************************

triathlon!

i love watching these!  there is always something going on so it’s very fun to spectate.  chris is training for the vineman half ironman coming up in mid july and this was going to be his last race in training and his longest to date.  it was an olympic distance (1500m swim, 24.9 mile bike, 6.2 mile run) and down in san jose.  we decided to stay down there just so we didn’t have to get up as early, but still the alarm went off at 4:00 am.

we made it to the start just before 5:30 and he got his stuff all set up.  we walked around a bit talking to our teammates and getting things together and then before i knew it, it was time for him to go!  he was in the second wave and it went off right on time.

2010 SVIT 007

it has been really warm in the bay area this weekend, and it was starting to get warm, but it was still pleasant temperatures when he was out of the water (~24 min) and onto the bike.

2010 SVIT 016

once he came off the bike (~1:13) i could tell people were getting warm.  everyone was dumping water on their head as they ran by the water table, but he looked great and cruised by.

is that a smile i see? ‘;)2010 SVIT 038

it was DEFINITELY warm by the time he came in to the finish line (~45 min).  i was feeling it just standing there so i know the athletes were definitely feeling it.  he did awesome though and finished his furthest triathlon to date in a great time of 2:26!

2010 SVIT 048a

CONGRATS on another great race chris!  i can’t wait for the next one :)

30300_403520386963_616386963_4428155_5877729_n

30 Responses to at the races

1. Tara June 13, 2010 at 5:03 pm #

Nice run and great job to chris out there today! I'm excited for Vineman…he's gonna kick ass! :)

2. P June 13, 2010 at 5:06 pm #

Big congrats to your speedy husband – that's a terrific time!! Can't wait to hear how he does at Vineman. My husband is training for his first half-iron distance in September.

3. marathonmaiden June 13, 2010 at 6:36 pm #

you are a racing queen :) congrats to chris. i think i've said it before but triathletes are so hardcore and awesome. i don't think i'd ever be able to do that!

4. Jo Lynn June 13, 2010 at 8:01 pm #

Congratulations Chris!! What a great time too – looks like he was always by himself. In the lead perhaps? ;)

5. Christine June 14, 2010 at 2:51 am #

Congrats to Chris, this is an awesome time!! Sounds like you guys have a busy summer filled with races, but that is always fun, especially if you can make little getaways out of it! :) Good luck!!

6. Denise June 14, 2010 at 4:16 am #

it's nice that you two are so active together. congrats to chris!

7. runner26 June 14, 2010 at 4:27 am #

congrats to chris! TRIs are so cool!! and nice road bike, btw ;)

8. Lisa June 14, 2010 at 4:42 am #

Congrats to Chris!!

9. The Happy Runner June 14, 2010 at 4:50 am #

Fun! Congrats to Chris — that's great!

10. Laura June 14, 2010 at 5:11 am #

Congrats to the hubs! Mine keeps scheduling races and telling me at the last minute so I have missed both this year. Maybe I make him nervous?

11. J June 14, 2010 at 5:40 am #

Congrats to Chris on another great Tri!! he is going to rock the half Ironman! Great job on your long run! Your pace is awesome!

12. Marlene June 14, 2010 at 6:07 am #

Congrats to Chris!!!!

Sounds like a good plan on your long runs … it must be nice having some flexibility for the time being.

I hear you on the packed schedule. It's tiring, but so much fun!

13. Katie A. June 14, 2010 at 7:12 am #

That race was right by my house – I ran along side all the bike riders. Didn't know you guys were there for that.

14. Kristina @goodnweird.com June 14, 2010 at 7:20 am #

congrats to your speedy hubby! and great run yourself :)

15. Jon Gilchrist June 14, 2010 at 9:57 am #

greate ffort on his part….sounds like he's headed in the rigth direction for Vineman

16. Chic Runner June 14, 2010 at 1:02 pm #

YAY for Chris! He seriously is kicking butt out there. :) I can't wait to see the results of the vineman. Spectating is sometimes just as fun as racing and it gets me so excited. :) Glad you guys had a great weekend!

17. runnernic.com June 14, 2010 at 3:28 pm #

way to go chris! he is a pro! :)

18. lindsay June 16, 2010 at 5:01 am #

Congrats to your amazing hubby :) as usual you make me feel super slack on my running/workouts… What else is new ;-)

19. Larry Jordan final cut pro x training classes September 7, 2014 at 2:37 am #

An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a
    coworker who had been conducting a little research on this.
    And he in fact bought me dinner due to the
    fact that I found it for him… lol. So let me reword this….

Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending some time to talk about this subject
    here on your internet site.

20. www.buleos.com September 7, 2014 at 1:08 pm #

But a lot of components and they have to financial have of becoming afraid of giving out your private particulars?

21. voyance audiotel September 8, 2014 at 12:51 am #

Rapidement nous-même vous recontacte personnellement ensuite vous
    avez d’aplomb directement alors immédiatement a votre examen gratuite semblablement
    dans un Débarras de voyance par téléphone Seul visite faite
    avec moi même ou bien un bras de mien équipeCette visite offerte
    ensuite valable 1 bizarre fois et a votre première inscriptionD’seul durée de 10
    moment ,le temps existera largement nécessaires près répondre à toutes vos interrogation à l’exclusion de annulée complaisanceParfois il m’arrive d’être franche
    après abrupt ,néanmoins personnalité négatif vous-même mens pasJe me dois
    de vous zézayer la vérité ,cela brin établir affliction ,cependant davantage tard toi-même me remercierai j’en suis certaine S’celui-ci tourne dans le sens des aiguilles
    d’ un montre alors la réponse a unique tendance lumineux.
    S’ il tourne dans ce sens antinomique, ainsi la réponse
    s’ en trouve négative.

22. Dominic September 8, 2014 at 8:37 pm #

My family members every time say that I am wasting my time here at web, except I know I am getting knowledge all the time by reading thes
    nice articles or reviews.

23. Low Carb Diet Help September 13, 2014 at 3:55 am #

My family members always say that I amm wasting my time here at net, except I know I am getting experience everyday by
    reading such nice posts.

24. Amino Prime Review September 23, 2014 at 12:25 am #

Do you have a spam problem on this website; I also am a blogger, and I
    was wanting to know your situation; we have developed some nice methods and we are looking to trade methods
    with other folks, please shoot me an email if interested.

25. Watch Gone Girl Movie Online Free September 23, 2014 at 10:03 am #

Tremendous issues here. I’m very glad to look your post.

Thanks so much and I am taking a look ahead to contact you.
    Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

26. download hollywood movies 2014 for pc September 24, 2014 at 2:25 pm #

Watch your favored film, Tv show and plan movies in demand.

27. home fitness program without equipment September 24, 2014 at 10:27 pm #

I like tthe valuable info you provide for your articles.
    I will bookmark your blogg and check once more here
    frequently. I am fairly sure I’ll be informed many new stuff
    right here! Good luck for the following!

28. hack dragons of atlantis September 25, 2014 at 5:29 am #

Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and
    I am impressed! Extremely helpful information specially the last part :
    ) I carte for such information a lot. I was seeking this certain information ffor a long time.
    Thank you and good luck.

29. best rated refrigerators September 28, 2014 at 6:07 am #

Make sure the door, just snaps into place, we are going
    to do is disconnect the power to the refrigerator.

30. clash of lords 2 hack October 4, 2014 at 6:41 pm #

I am genuinely pleased to read this webpage posts which
    includes lots of useful data, thanks for providing these kinds of information.