big sur marathon in pictures

most of these pictures weren’t taken by me but borrowed from a few different friends and bloggers who were out there with their cameras.  THANK YOU friends – you know who you are.

i wanted to put them all together in a slide show so i would remember the beauty that was out there and so i could really show you guys what i was trying to describe in my race report.  i can’t wait to do this one again, and next time i will bring my own camera :)

“gonna fall in love if you come to california”
this race will definitely make you fall in love with california if you haven’t already.

***i have been trying to find the perfect song for this video because i definitely think it needs to have a certain feel for this race… and this one, although not necessarily exactly pertaining words, just has the tone for how i feel about this race.  when i hear “half moon bay” in this song i think of “monterey” since that’s pretty much where it ended – it rhymes right?

****************************************

recovery is going well, i wasn’t as sore as i anticipated being which is a good thing since i have another little race this weekend.  yes that 199 mile relay is THIS weekend.  it is race weekend two out of three, because yes the weekend after that is yet another race… a half marathon.  whew!

i have been questioning my sanity lately but i am really excited for all these events!  should make for some fun race reports the next couple weeks right?

44 Responses to big sur marathon in pictures

1. shellyrm aka jogging stroller mama April 28, 2010 at 8:16 pm #

Enjoy your relay ! 199 miles sounds fun. I am sure you will come through it with loads of great storys and photos. Be safe!

2. naomi April 28, 2010 at 8:36 pm #

that was awesome! i've ran the big sur half but its in november and not nearly as pretty as the spring! makes me want to run that race! love the song too!

3. Kristin April 28, 2010 at 8:54 pm #

Fantastic video! Congratlations on the marathon. Your race report was a lot on fun to read too!

4. Steel Springs April 28, 2010 at 8:56 pm #

Cute video! It was a lot of fun to watch.

Enjoy the relay this weekend. Good luck!

5. Jo Lynn April 28, 2010 at 9:14 pm #

Very cute way to present your pictures Aron. ;)

6. Keri April 29, 2010 at 2:53 am #

Such a good idea!

7. J April 29, 2010 at 3:13 am #

Wow three race weekends in a row! That is pretty awesome! Love the pictures!

8. Marlene April 29, 2010 at 3:14 am #

Excellent slide show! I truly MUST run this race some day!

And two more weekends of racing coming up? That's my kind of schedule. :) ENJOY!

9. Jesse April 29, 2010 at 3:33 am #

That looks like an amazing place to run!
    Enjoy the relay. I don't know how you handle racing so much!

10. runwritetherapylife April 29, 2010 at 4:00 am #

Congrats on yet another great finish — what a beautiful race! I'm kinda jealous. But I do live in NYC, so I guess I'm lucky in my own way. Good luck on the relay!

11. Jocelyn April 29, 2010 at 4:48 am #

Love the slide sow! Great job again! :)

12. Meg April 29, 2010 at 5:28 am #

I was just looking at another blogger's recap of Big Sur and their pictures and I did fall back in love with Northern Cal. It's a special place and you were all so fortunate to run there! Thanks for the great slide show!

13. marathonmaiden April 29, 2010 at 5:46 am #

awesome slide show. you look like you had so much fun

and 3 weekends of racing?! champ :)

14. runnernic.com April 29, 2010 at 5:59 am #

LOVE the video Aron!!! :) You do such a great job with all of these!! :) Eeeek! for lots of fun races coming up!!!

15. RunningLaur April 29, 2010 at 6:10 am #

The scenery there is just fantastic!

Have a great time at the relay this weekend – it sounds like so much fun!

16. Staci Dombroski April 29, 2010 at 6:19 am #

Have a great run with your relay!! Remember to bring the camera so we can see pictures :) Have a great weekend!

17. Alisa April 29, 2010 at 6:42 am #

Very cool!

Great to see you finish #7 strong.

Have a great time at THE RELAY, I have to say I'm a little jealous.

18. Mel -Tall Mom on the Run April 29, 2010 at 7:12 am #

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that video Aron, Thank you for sharing felt like I was there the whole weekend. congrats again!

19. k April 29, 2010 at 7:44 am #

I loved that- thank you for sharing it.

Good luck with the relay- any relay reports I've read and pictures I've seen make running a long relay awesome! I've done a marathon relay and even that was a blast- so 199 miles must be at least 6 times more fun!

20. Denise April 29, 2010 at 8:17 am #

have you considered boston to big sur next year…i'd love to do it!! just not sure the traveling would work.

love the little video.

21. Emz April 29, 2010 at 8:31 am #

the video is awesome. SO happy you shared it! Enjoy the relay!!

22. Serenity Now April 29, 2010 at 8:50 am #

Awesome video girl…kinda makes me wish I was a runner :)

23. Jamie April 29, 2010 at 9:01 am #

Cool video! Love the song! Good luck this weekend with the relay!

24. christinamariejohnson April 29, 2010 at 10:44 am #

Yay, thanks for the pictures! The course photos have convinced me that running Big Sur may need be a new goal for me…perhaps to be completed in a few years or so :)

25. kristinschleicher April 29, 2010 at 11:35 am #

congrats on the marathon! beautiful pictures. I grew up in Danville, CA so I have been enjoying lurking on your blog to see my hometown occasionally :)

26. AppleC April 29, 2010 at 12:31 pm #

Terrific. Loved the video and music. So exciting for you and I CAN NOT BELIEVE you have scheduled more races in the next couple of weeks. Your poor feet! I hope they are getting some good massaging.

27. Marathon Maritza April 29, 2010 at 1:57 pm #

LOVE IT! I think the song is perfect!

Once again, awesome job on another great marathon! I wanna run this!!!

28. Denise April 29, 2010 at 2:24 pm #

Thanks for sharing! Love it.

29. Denise April 29, 2010 at 2:24 pm #

Thanks for sharing! Love it.

30. Running and living April 29, 2010 at 2:59 pm #

Great pics! Enjoy the relay! I am yet to do one.

To answer your question about training. Since you are training for a half in the summer, why not try the FIRST half training plan? It has only 3 runs a week, but you can add 2 easy days in between to get your mileage up. Then, if you like the plan, you can just use the plan for marathon training. What I love about this plan is that it is geared toward a time goal. So for the half, you just pick your goal time, and then do the training. There is a lot of intensity in there, and you may not hit the times at the begining, that is normal, but you will eventually. Buy the book anyway (Run less, Run fast) it is a great read. For my marathon in the Fall I'll use FIRST again, but modified, with 2 easy days added to the 3 key days, and also more easy mileage added to the speed and tempo days. The plan gives you a structure that you can play with. OK, this comment is too long!

31. Heather April 29, 2010 at 5:00 pm #

I love the video! Now I REALLY want to run that race. :)

Have a blast at the relay this weekend!

32. Anabela (Bela) Neves April 29, 2010 at 5:07 pm #

Amazing pictures! That must be a fabulous run! Thanks for sharing!

33. Amanda - RunToTheFinish April 29, 2010 at 5:27 pm #

whew you are a racing megastar right now! I know you've done some posts on fueling, but I'd love to know more on how you are staying fueled for all these runs

34. lindsay April 29, 2010 at 5:41 pm #

absolutely loved the video/pics and song!!

good luck and have fun in the relay! hope you get enough rest. :)

35. A Toronto girl out West April 29, 2010 at 6:23 pm #

Watching the slideshow I could tell you had the time of your life!!! Inspiring.

Not to mention it made me SUPER excited to run Long Beach with you girls!!!! And by with you, I mean really far behind you! HA! lol :oP

36. That Pink Girl April 29, 2010 at 7:03 pm #

Love it – what a fun idea and you did a great job!

37. RoadBunner April 29, 2010 at 10:42 pm #

Great video!! What a fun way to tie it all together :)

Have a great time at the relay. I am excited for my cheese marathon, but am a little jealous I didn't sign up to do the relay with all of you this coming weekend instead. Can't wait to hear all the stories!

38. Bethany + Ryan April 30, 2010 at 2:43 am #

great pictures!!! wow, so beautiful!! congrats to you again! i liked that song too.

39. Glenn Jones April 30, 2010 at 6:34 am #

Awesme video Aron! Thanks for taking the time to put it together and sharing with all of us. As a fellow Californian, I can certainly appreciate the beauty of the Central Coast. Of course, it would be from the comfort of my car….

40. Roisin April 30, 2010 at 9:45 am #

Congratulations! I'm so so so so so happy for you! As long as you're healthy, then keep at it. Just remember to listen when it's time for a break!

Great video too :)

41. SDrunner May 2, 2010 at 4:01 pm #

What a busy race schedule. But at least you're enjoying every minute of it. This race really sounds fun, going to have to add this to my to-race list :)

42. Stuart May 2, 2010 at 8:21 pm #

Gorgeous! That's all I can say!

43. Amber (Girl with the red hair) May 19, 2010 at 8:29 am #

Looks AMAZINGLY beautiful!!

Question: How do you make those videos??

1. five hundred | runner's rambles - January 3, 2011

[...] big sur marathon picture post [...]