i had a hard time when i first sat down to write my goals for the year. i am a very goal oriented person (if you haven’t noticed) and after hitting all my goals for 2009 i wasn’t sure where to start for 2010 – my slate was completely blank! it did make it fun though, getting to add in some new things, as well as just improving on last year.
PRs (personal records)
isn’t it just natural as a runner to want to beat your previous times? of course i want PRs, although i don’t have anything extremely specific, i will just set some general time goals for the different race distances, just because the number girl in me needs to
- 5k: break 22:00 – just because my "PR" now says 21:21 but it was a short course. i would love to be able to get that on a real course
- 10k: 46:30 or under (under 7:30 pace)
- half marathon: under 1:44 – i would really like to get into the 1:42/1:43 range. i am going to make my first PR attempt in march at shamrock’n where i PRed last year.
- marathon: i would LOVE to run a 3:35, but since i may only be going for one marathon PR in december (although if i train my butt off maybe i could see one in july), we will see then. it also depends on what else i get myself into…
- trail running! i want to enter more trail races and just explore trail running in general. there are so many trails around me and i want to venture out more. so far i LOVE it.
- ultra-marathon: i have been wanting to do one for a long time now but was always focused on other things. since most of the ultra’s are trail races, i wanted to make sure i didn’t hate trail running first, but having loved it each time i go out, i am seriously looking into this.
- relay: i want to run a big fun multiple day relay! my friends and i have plans in the works for a big one, so hopefully it will all come together
- break my monthly mileage PR from march (219.3)
- run 2000+ miles again
- complete the destination races 3 half marathons series (just need to run santa barbara wine country in may)
- complete the CA dreamin race series – surf city, san francisco, long beach
- age group place!! no more 4th place, i want to get in the top 3 for once!
- weight training, stretching, cross training, all of those things that i always want to do, but tend to slack off on during peak marathon training… i want to be better at them.
- run more short races! in 2009 i only ran one 5k and one 10k, i want to run more than that. its hard to fit them in sometimes to marathon training, but they are fun and i think very beneficial when in the right spot of training.
i have really evolved my eating this past year. i have eliminated a lot, if not all, “fake” foods (including all fake sugars yay!), and have really tried to work on more of clean eating. there is always room for improvement on this, and personally i think eating habits are always in a state of flux. as long as you make slow changes, they will become habits and stick with you. i still have many areas to improve on and i want to keep improving things in this area.
so there you have it. 2010 should be another great year and so far it is! i have had a couple of great runs i can’t wait to write about in my next post, i just wanted to get my goals up first. hope you are having a great 2010 so far too!