…i was on my way back from eugene with sore legs, a sore spirit, a pretty medal and another marathon under my belt.
- i know it wasn’t a waste
- i know it made me stronger
- i know there will be other races
- i know this is all just part of my running story
- i don’t know if i want to do that again
- of course you do silly
- i wish i could run another one tomorrow
- maybe i should scrap this whole “train hard for one race” philosophy and just run a bunch this year, maybe one day will be my day
- how many marathons could i do this year?
- i know better, i need to pick a race and train hard
- CIM is too far away, i need to race another one sooner
- hmmm lots of races in october
- maybe i should do the 18 week pfitz plan
- maybe i should do the 70 mile per week max plan
- maybe i need to try a different training plan
- maybe i will make my own
- maybe i will stick to what i know
which is exactly why i still haven’t made any firm decisions and still won’t for a little while longer. i am considering a few different options but i still just need to let this mind calm down. i think i have it figured out everyday, then i change my mind the next. won’t be long though! you know me, can’t wait around too long
my thoughts and emotions have definitely shifted from sad/disappointed to ok whats next, what can i do to make the next one better? which i like a lot better.
i did learn a few other things too…
- wright socks still are my #1 sock. after running 26.2 miles in wet socks and i did not get a single blister!
- oxy sox work… i wore them the whole car ride home and my calves were happy campers the next day
- dairy queen blizzards + frech fries can help mend a broken heart
- so can a few glasses of wine
- or a margarita
- i am no longer a fan of chocolate gu
- post marathon massages are definitely worth the money
- perfect training does not always equal a perfect race… but hard work, dedication and persistence will someday.
i am enjoying my recovery running… i am keeping the pace slow and just getting out there to enjoy the miles, the weather, the time alone in my thoughts and loving every second.
monday: 6.0 miles/54:00/9:00 avg pace
tuesday: 6.0 miles/53:52/8:59 avg pace